The Subaru SVX World Network   SVX Network Forums
Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:
SVXBot

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2016, 01:42 PM
pbmagnet pbmagnet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2
Gecko coilovers?

Was looking around on Ebay and came across these.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111790286873...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Has anyone heard about this company? They are built in Taiwan and sound very similar to the Ceika brand coilovers. I emailed the seller to get info on shipping and to find out how much it would be for camber tops on the front. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2016, 10:34 AM
SoobCrazy SoobCrazy is offline
SVX n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 261
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Run away. Cheap coilovers are not worth their weight in dung.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2017, 09:14 PM
VICSVX's Avatar
VICSVX VICSVX is offline
Never Forget
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 384
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

So did you end up getting them?
__________________
VICSVX

94 SVX L AWD Conversion Barcelona Red First car and now being restored, 215xxx
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-19-2017, 03:08 AM
maxtian maxtian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SC
Posts: 8
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Save your money and try to save more. Then buy a good brand of coilovers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-19-2017, 01:01 PM
92 SVX 92 SVX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax Florida
Posts: 1,403
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtian View Post
Save your money and try to save more. Then buy a good brand of coilovers.
They are actually not a bad coil over, I don't have them but I have looked at them, and spoken to members that have used them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-12-2017, 04:44 PM
SVXNATION's Avatar
SVXNATION SVXNATION is offline
SVXNATION
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 32
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Rarely check in to the dusty ole network but SoobCrazys response was particularly Disheartening. Never understood why someone with zero hands on knowledge of a particular product is willing to speak in such a vulgar manner about something our community put so much blood sweat and tears into. So lets set the record straight. All of the dimensions for these coil overs were the product of the community itself in order to provide a cost effective set of suspension options. Gecko TSP and BC (Europe) are all identical products with just a few differences such as seals or oils. They are superior in every way to the community's previous options of either Koni/Ground control or god forbid someone have the misfortune of sourcing a set of coils from Andy. Our most cynical members have confirmed they turned out to be a fantastic value for the price and since NO ONE shells out the 3500+ for professional race grade covers for an svx the G-Race Option at just $150 more than the G-Streets (@850 Shipped World wide) have shown to be a fantastic option for those that choose to track Their pride and joys on the weekends. For those that preffer changes like softer spring rates closer to stock or something altogether custom it costs a modest $50 upcharge. http://www.svxnation.com/products-1.html
__________________
.
Come Join The Nation

We are a combination of both the Network the Forums and a plethora of new bloods! We have close to 6000 members on all forms of social media worldwide. What's all the fuss about? We're just the next logical step in a social media-driven World! As one of the community's longest-running members explained: If the the traditional forums are the library... SVXNATION would most certainly be the popular corner coffee shop


www.svxnation.com

.

Last edited by SVXNATION; 09-12-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 AM
SoobCrazy SoobCrazy is offline
SVX n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 261
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Lol. Any coilover system that only costs $1,000 is made for hard parking only. How many dedicated race cars run Gecko coilovers? How many podiums has this suspension company delivered? Go ahead, I'll wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXNATION View Post
Rarely check in to the dusty ole network but SoobCrazys response was particularly Disheartening. Never understood why someone with zero hands on knowledge of a particular product is willing to speak in such a vulgar manner about something our community put so much blood sweat and tears into. So lets set the record straight. All of the dimensions for these coil overs were the product of the community itself in order to provide a cost effective set of suspension options. Gecko TSP and BC (Europe) are all identical products with just a few differences such as seals or oils. They are superior in every way to the community's previous options of either Koni/Ground control or god forbid someone have the misfortune of sourcing a set of coils from Andy. Our most cynical members have confirmed they turned out to be a fantastic value for the price and since NO ONE shells out the 3500+ for professional race grade covers for an svx the G-Race Option at just $150 more than the G-Streets (@850 Shipped World wide) have shown to be a fantastic option for those that choose to track Their pride and joys on the weekends. For those that preffer changes like softer spring rates closer to stock or something altogether custom it costs a modest $50 upcharge. http://www.svxnation.com/products-1.html
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2017, 11:53 AM
92 SVX 92 SVX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax Florida
Posts: 1,403
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobCrazy View Post
Lol. Any coilover system that only costs $1,000 is made for hard parking only. How many dedicated race cars run Gecko coilovers? How many podiums has this suspension company delivered? Go ahead, I'll wait...
How many top shelf companies have made anything for the SVX?

And more importantly how many SVX's are dedicated Race Cars?

I bought Cekia (however it is spelled) when they first were introduced in 2012, I chose my spring rates and other choices I paid $1200ish I drive hard I corner harder and they still work great. Could they be better of course but I have what is available and it makes me happy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 AM
Cotton's Avatar
Cotton Cotton is offline
Internet Troll
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Quakertown, PA
Posts: 123
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobCrazy View Post
Lol. Any coilover system that only costs $1,000 is made for hard parking only. How many dedicated race cars run Gecko coilovers? How many podiums has this suspension company delivered? Go ahead, I'll wait...
How many people are willing to spend more than that on their SVX in general? How many people have paid less for their entire SVX? In general, we are a cheap community and most people don't have or unwilling to put a lot into their SVX. These are excellent coilovers for the price. For most of us it is a large investment based upon what our cars are actually worth. Dedicated race cars? To steal a comment from David Boomer, most SVX owners can't afford a MAF. What do you want for a grand?
__________________
94 SVX LSI- Rebuilt engine, 4.44 with trans cooler, Quick Change Shift Kit, SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 08 STI Wheels, K&N Filter, and still adding.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2017, 04:48 AM
Blacky Blacky is offline
51 Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LSM, Quebec
Posts: 2,118
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
How many people are willing to spend more than that on their SVX in general? How many people have paid less for their entire SVX? In general, we are a cheap community and most people don't have or unwilling to put a lot into their SVX. These are excellent coilovers for the price. For most of us it is a large investment based upon what our cars are actually worth. Dedicated race cars? To steal a comment from David Boomer, most SVX owners can't afford a MAF. What do you want for a grand?
I totally agree. I paid $450 for my '92 Claret, $700 for my '92 Ebony and exactly $1000 for my '97 Bordeaux.
__________________
1997 Bordeaux, 1992 Claret (parts car) 2011 BMW 535i GT Xdrive, 2006 Nissan X-Trail SE 4WD, 2012 Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V, 1982 Honda Nighthawk 650
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM
SoobCrazy SoobCrazy is offline
SVX n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 261
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
How many people are willing to spend more than that on their SVX in general? How many people have paid less for their entire SVX? In general, we are a cheap community and most people don't have or unwilling to put a lot into their SVX. These are excellent coilovers for the price. For most of us it is a large investment based upon what our cars are actually worth. Dedicated race cars? To steal a comment from David Boomer, most SVX owners can't afford a MAF. What do you want for a grand?
If you can't afford to put quality parts on your car, you really shouldn't be modifying it. Can't afford a MAF? Better go trade for a Honda, better yet, make payments on a Hyundai that will have a decade long warranty.

Being broke is not an excuse to by garbage parts. Real car guys and hot rodders will save and save and save until they can buy that $5,000 paint job or can afford to chrome out their engine bay.

Buy these coilovers if you want. It's your money. But unless you demand better and are willing to pay for it, the best you're going to get is cheap Gecko coilovers and 48 different Motorsports Warehouse dash overlay kits.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2017, 04:38 AM
Cotton's Avatar
Cotton Cotton is offline
Internet Troll
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Quakertown, PA
Posts: 123
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobCrazy View Post
If you can't afford to put quality parts on your car, you really shouldn't be modifying it. Can't afford a MAF? Better go trade for a Honda, better yet, make payments on a Hyundai that will have a decade long warranty.

Being broke is not an excuse to by garbage parts. Real car guys and hot rodders will save and save and save until they can buy that $5,000 paint job or can afford to chrome out their engine bay.

Buy these coilovers if you want. It's your money. But unless you demand better and are willing to pay for it, the best you're going to get is cheap Gecko coilovers and 48 different Motorsports Warehouse dash overlay kits.
Embedding doesn't seem to be working, but this seems to sum up what I would think of your reply.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
__________________
94 SVX LSI- Rebuilt engine, 4.44 with trans cooler, Quick Change Shift Kit, SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 08 STI Wheels, K&N Filter, and still adding.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2017, 11:28 PM
ChanderLand ChanderLand is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 14
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Embedding doesn't seem to be working, but this seems to sum up what I would think of your reply.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
Perfect! I love that movie.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-2017, 02:31 AM
svxcess's Avatar
svxcess svxcess is offline
Pristine Green Polo Machine
Alcyone Gold Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 6,457
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

.


.
__________________
.
Subaru Ambassador

1996 Polo Green LSi #216...138,100 miles...

JFICX8659TH100216JF1CX8659TH100216........Mfg. Date: 11/1995......... Service Date: January 2, 1997


"The Pristine Green Polo Machine"

First Polo Green on the Network

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)

First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)
  • HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams,
  • Rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate
  • 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case
  • New design alternator wiring upgrade v.4,
  • Rare factory headlight shields
  • UK-spec clear front turn signals
  • Refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and new center caps
  • LED grille mod,
  • Raceconcepts dimpled/slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines,
  • Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit
  • ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers,
  • Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS
  • Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod.
  • Hella Supertone horns
  • Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine resonators/ AWD "Bullet" muffler.

  • R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a COW March 4, 2016
  • 2014 Hyundai Elantra Limited ...54,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the SVX


5th Registered Network member 2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .I..SVXNATION

.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-27-2017, 09:31 AM
SoobCrazy SoobCrazy is offline
SVX n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 261
Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
...this seems to sum up what I would think of your reply...
Oh, ouch, OMG you flamed me good there, troll.

The Subaru community in general is a pretty frugal group and why wouldn't they be? The cars are cheap to buy and maintain, like your girl*, and they tend to fall into the hands of folks without the means to properly take care of them after the original owner moves on.

I understand this. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it, or that I have to be cheap when modifying my car. This is an expensive hobby, young fella, and while I do try to maximize my tuning dollar, I've been in this game too long to make the mistake of buying off-brand parts.

What happens in 5 years when those struts are worn out and GECKO has disappeared? Unless they used universal parts on those coilovers, they won't be rebuild-able. But hey, they were only $1,000, right? You'll be able to afford another set in 5 years anyway!

*(Now that is how you do it, kid...)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coilovers, gecko

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2001-2015 SVX World Network
(208)-906-1122