Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uncle! Uncle!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
So you have the new engine in and working, huh?
Yup. I would have preferred to drive it around town, bring it back and change the oil and diff fluid a second time, but I didn't have that option

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uncle! Uncle!

Quote:
Originally posted by lightning_8669

Doug,

Sorry to hear about your's and Amy's troubles. I'm surprised the hose went as my GL went 250,000 with the original hoses and clamps. However, it is nice to hear that your new engine is performing for your. A question though, has the TC lock-up issue been resolved with the swap?

As for problems I'm experiencing my share also. But nothing that I haven't been able to exacerbate with the use of a 16Lb. sledge hammer. Of course I still have the 4' x 6' hole in my bathroom floor but hey, a little concrete, a little tile, some caulk and maybe some duct tape and, viola!, good as new.

By the way, the protester is one cute chick! I don't care what you say
Actually, the TC issue is gone. I used the cruise for hours on Tusday without a single hiccup. It must have been a bad signal from the old TPS causing it.

BTW: Since Mraz change the bearings and switched the rims around, the loopiness is gone from your car.

No matter what you think of her, I still think that the protester is cute.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-03-2003, 09:35 AM
lightning_8669

loopy, loopy, oh where ya goin' now?

Loopy gone? I'm happy to hear that. You can also hear the radio now too? I also recall I have a set of front rotors in the shed for the thing. I'll try and get out there this weekend and measure them to see if there's enough meat to get a clean cut on them. If there is I'll get them over to you for your inventory. If they don't have enough material we're having large item pick-up day in the village early next month (I already have a toilet (a French word?), an old mattress, some drywall and a large pile of smashed concrete for them) and a couple of spent rotors would fit right in.

Nice to hear your TC problem is also gone. There IS good news in the world.

And I don't care what you say, that girl protester is DAMN cute!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
To Lightning

If you think that girl is a protester with the message she is carrying--we know which side you support. I think you are somewhat misinformed of several things. And obviously do not want to consider reality. But, again--you have your freedom to believe what you like and voice that opinion. I just do not agree with it.

As to us using French words in our vocabulary--yes we use many of them as well as many other languages. We are not trying to keep the English language pure as the French do. In fact they have special organizations to keep it pure. We are far more relaxed and use what serves our purpose not to keep a language "pure".

Lee

SVXx4
Old 04-03-2003, 10:43 AM
lightning_8669

Re: To Lightning

Quote:
Originally posted by lhopp77
If you think that girl is a protester with the message she is carrying--we know which side you support. I think you are somewhat misinformed of several things. And obviously do not want to consider reality. But, again--you have your freedom to believe what you like and voice that opinion. I just do not agree with it.

As to us using French words in our vocabulary--yes we use many of them as well as many other languages. We are not trying to keep the English language pure as the French do. In fact they have special organizations to keep it pure. We are far more relaxed and use what serves our purpose not to keep a language "pure".

Lee

SVXx4
Boy! You are sure determined to keep this serious aren't you?

Is she holding up a sign in an attempt to make a statement? Yes.
Would that not be "protestation"? Yes
Does that make her a protestor? Yes
Can a person protest someone else's protesting? Yes
Does that make this person a protest protestor? Yes, if you want to be anal about it.

As for the use of French words I really don't give a rip except from a curiostiy sake where words come from. And only so much as it helps me understand things. I believe more of our words come from Greek derivatives than from other places. And even some that come from languages such as German may actually have come from a Greek word originally.

As for your statment regarding my being "misinformed" I can assure you that if you have watched any television in your lifetime you too have been misinformed. Or you can use any prefix you prefer; mis, under, dis, etc.. I can gladly forward you some proof of such if you'd like. But I'd rather just have fun here.

So, I still think she's a protester and I STILLLLLL think she's cute. I don't care what you say. Well, I do but only so much as it is your right to do so.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Main Entry: pro·test
Pronunciation: pr&-'test, 'prO-", prO-'
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French protester, from Latin protestari, from pro- forth + testari to call to witness
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny

Quote:
Originally posted by lhopp77

Lee

SVXx4
She is protesting the anti-protestors. Why is that so hard to understand? Yes she is a war supporter and is protesting the anti-war protestors. It could be said that she is a pro-war demonstrator in the midst of anit-war demonstrators and "demonstrator" would probably be a more apt description than "protestor" but both terms are correct. Clearly she is demonstrating her belly button.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: To Lightning

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Clearly she is demonstrating her belly button.
How appropriate. Navel maneuvers in time of war.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: Le tongue en cheek...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<snip> Yes, fellow Americans, with a little effort, we can heal this rift
between us and our old friends. Because, in the end, we have a lot more in common than we do separating us! Or, as the French would say, ''Je suis un grand gros menteur'' (``I am a big fat liar'').
--------------------
I have no idea who wrote this....it just came in my email.
Don
Dave Barry, noted humor columnist for the Miami Herald.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 04-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert

Lee

Yes, Lee, and if you've read enough posts around here you'll see that "Purity Ain't Us".

And I don't care what what anybody says, that protester gal sure lights my fire!

Ron (Le dirty olde homme).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:18 PM

Re: Re: Le tongue en cheek...

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

Dave Barry, noted humor columnist for the Miami Herald.
I knew it was classic Barry....
Old 04-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

Was not that fine institution of higher learning of which you speak , named Perdue (notice the Anglosized spelling), established so long ago by the Marquis; the first to offer courses in the subject of "Animal Husbandry" specializing in chickens and other notable fowls ?

That is correct, Larry. And actually Lafayette teamed with a distant nephew, Francois Perdeau iii, in an effort to "stuff a bird better", but the venture became sullied by another French entrepreneur, Le Marquis de Sade, who was a bit too graphic when asked to "stuff a bird", he did, literally. Nonetheless, the business was resurrected (no offense, Rob), when de Sade moved south to a new territory, met with another fowl fellow by the name of Sanders. Sanders was intrigued with the de Sade method of chicken stuffing, and insisted that de Sade demonstate his uh...methods to local businessmen in an effort to raise money for their new joint fowl business venture.
During one intense demonstration, de Sade became "fatigued", turned to Saunders & said "Suh, I jus' kain' tuck no more birds up there".
Well - the rest is history as we say. The new territory became known as Kain-tuck, or later Kentucky as it became bastardized by the local English clan headed by Sir William of Hill. The territory later became known as the Hill of Billies, which later became shortened as well.
Anyway, I, for one, find history fascinating and also finger lickin' good.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

That is correct, Larry. And actually Lafayette teamed with a distant nephew, Francois Perdeau iii, in an effort to "stuff a bird better", but the venture became sullied by another French entrepreneur, Le Marquis de Sade, who was a bit too graphic when asked to "stuff a bird", he did, literally. Nonetheless, the business was resurrected (no offense, Rob), when de Sade moved south to a new territory, met with another fowl fellow by the name of Sanders. Sanders was intrigued with the de Sade method of chicken stuffing, and insisted that de Sade demonstate his uh...methods to local businessmen in an effort to raise money for their new joint fowl business venture.
During one intense demonstration, de Sade became "fatigued", turned to Saunders & said "Suh, I jus' kain' tuck no more birds up there".
Well - the rest is history as we say. The new territory became known as Kain-tuck, or later Kentucky as it became bastardized by the local English clan headed by Sir William of Hill. The territory later became known as the Hill of Billies, which later became shortened as well.
Anyway, I, for one, find history fascinating and also finger lickin' good.

Ron.

tell us the story of the Monarch of Hamburg (Burger King), Uncle Ron, please, please!!!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-03-2003, 08:12 PM

Actually, did you know there is no French word for "wife"? They use femme=woman.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:39 PM

Actually, did you know there is no French word for "wife"? They use femme=woman.