Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
MOHRDS, actually if it would give him more time with his PETERBILT he would probably adopt you. But theres always the fact that he has a dislike for my car. (it takes away from the hour hes home a week!)
P.S. Do you do windows?
I clean them, but I won't tint them
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
"I clean them, but I won't tint them "

OK you can come over then. I was really hoping you would tint them but since I got my SVX I havent cleaned any eiether so I guess that will work.

Thanks Earthworm for changing that, I didnt attempt to do any tinting today. Maybe tomorrow. I love working on this car but I just dont think I have the patience for tint.

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 11-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
...the svx has a factory tint...yaknow, the one that screws up radar detectors, garage door openers, and the government's brain scanning devices....

Unless its an L, then by all means, tint it. I never did get why one would tint over the factory gold / whatever color the car is titanium tint. but then again, this is coming from a guy who started this sentance without thinking of an example of something that I did that contradicts what i said in the first place....
...Im thinkign WAY too much into this....crap, im typing my thoughts again.Better just Chike my way out of it...

Agreed
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXBart View Post
Audrey
before you let them tint your windows try to find some one who had it done by those guys and take a look at what they did.
here is my story
D&L window tinting i baltimore did windows on my whifes Murano,it look very good no problems no corection was needed.My whife got me gift card so i could do my svx .I went to D&L.
I asked them if there is going to be problems with svx (window shape) they said : no! so i let them do it . it costed me 225$ +75$ gift card 3M film
after 3 days i was back and asked them to redo 3 windows(1 cut to much,2 with a lot of bubles and swirles from heat gun too- much heat gun)they re did it -no problem.
after 2 days i was back again with exactly the same windows that looked much worst than before and asked to redo it again(i was polite all the time)
They said no and if i want i can talk to ovner in 15 minutes so i waited.
he was trying to tell me that it was normal that there are gona be some bubles so i asked how much is normal because on my other car there is nothing. He said that they where lucky with my other car!But he told me to come next day to his other store.
next day morning i was there he and his 5 workers came to me and started telling me that it absolutely normal and is propably because the car is old .he even told me that windows now look better than rest of car .and that i'm not worried about scratches and dings and bad rims.and that i have waranty dosnot mean that they gona do it all over again.
i was speachless finaly he let me pic one window to be redone!
\so i went to 3 difrent window places to se what they think about my windows. every one of them said that amount of debris .air bubles and swirles was not normal and whole car should be redone.
I was thinking about writing a letter to Better Buisness Buerau and 3M rep. but i dont have time to dill with that and i dont write englisch too god.
but i did some thing else: i know about 5 persons now that did not had their cars done by D&L because of what i toold them about my car

So be carefull Audrey

You can add me to the list i was thinking about taking my car there but you can forget it now. Bart did you ever get done correctly somewhere else..
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 AM

Here's my insight on this as I'm thinkin of getting my 92, w/OEM gps screwing windshield tint, tinted w/ 3M tint. 3M is pretty much the only way to go.
You shouldn't need much, if any, heat from gun to get the tint to fit/stick good.
I've tinted in a previous life. But I sure don't wanna do my svx's rear window
Find a good shop as w/ any gearhead stuff. Which can be tuff.
Check your state tint law,
Clean'em REALLY good before you take them in, including edges and corners.
Blow off w/ compressed air, if possible.
I laught cuz you're all the same."
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schralper View Post
Here's my insight on this as I'm thinkin of getting my 92, w/OEM gps screwing windshield tint, tinted w/ 3M tint. 3M is pretty much the only way to go.
You shouldn't need much, if any, heat from gun to get the tint to fit/stick good.
I've tinted in a previous life. But I sure don't wanna do my svx's rear window
Find a good shop as w/ any gearhead stuff. Which can be tuff.
Check your state tint law,
Clean'em REALLY good before you take them in, including edges and corners.
Blow off w/ compressed air, if possible.
================================================== =

MD TINT LAW

(i)Window Tinting -

(1)Except as provided in Paragraph (4) of this subsection, a person may not operate a vehicle registered under Section 13-912, 13-913, 13-917, or 13-937 of this article on a highway in this State if:

(i) In the case of a vehicle registered under Section 13-912 of this article, there is affixed to any window of the vehicle any tinting materials added to to the window after manufacture of the vehicle that do not allow a light transmittance through the window of at least 35%; and
(ii) In the case of a vehicle registered under section 13-913, 13-917 or 13-937 of this article, there is affixed to any window to the immediate right or left of the driver any window tinting materials added after manufacture of the vehicle that do not allow a light transmittance through the window of at least 35%.

================================================== ======

That seem pretty dark, 35%, especially after looking at some pics of an SVX with 20%............Originally I was thinking i would go 5% less than the state's max allowable shade just to keep the cops from stopping me unwantedly which would make it 30%. Once i pick a shop i'll just have to have them show me the differences in the shades. It will definitely be no less than 20 and no more than 30%....And 3M it is............
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"