How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM
svxpassion

Lightbulb Aftermarket Body For SVX may be available soon.

I'm thinking of designing and producing a body kit for the SVX. As you all probably know there isn't any available (that I know of). This is due to the lack of demand. Would you guys be interested in see/purchasing a body for this car? Also I'd like you're input on what you'd like before I start the design process. Feel free to draw a sketch or whatever.

Paul
Old 09-21-2005, 01:10 PM
svxpassion

Aftermarket body kit for svx possibly coming

I'm thinking of designing and producing a body kit for the SVX. As you all probably know there isn't any available (that I know of). This is due to the lack of demand. Would you guys be interested in see/purchasing a body for this car? Also I'd like you're input on what you'd like before I start the design process. Feel free to draw a sketch or whatever.

Paul
Old 09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I feel the SVX has excellent looks from the factory. If I were to modify it, I would go with the prototype design and go wide body but that is just my opinion

Tom
Old 09-21-2005, 01:49 PM

I know for sure that sideskirt will be a + but if you come up with a good bumpert cover and sideskirt that will go with the svx style I'm in the line to buy one...
Old 09-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Network Design Administrator

I think the key for something like that selling in this crowd would be that it would have to be classy.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
I think the key for something like that selling in this crowd would be that it would have to be classy.
Good point. Classy really seems to matter in the SVX cummunity because many of us tend to believe we are classy kind of guys/girls

Tom
Old 09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I agree with Tom's comment re: wide body kit....it just needs to be able to accommodate 275/45-16 tires on all four corners
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
SVXist Pig

If I ever was interested, which I am not, I'd like to see something kind of low-key, along the lines of a stock Skyline GT-R.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Paul,
There are some bodykits out there

K-Staff front bumper

Stevesby (network member) Bumper and hopefully soon to come sideskirts

Motorsports www.motorsportswarehouse.com delta line front lip side splitters

Flatt-Racing Front bumper

Now i don't speak for everyone but i believe there has been interest in the K-Staff bumper. If you could possibly make something identical or very close to that i think that would be great and earn you a little money in return. The major factor of most of us not getting it here in the states is that it runs $1000 just for the front bumper.

Sorry i didn't provide the links to the above body kits out there, but if you do a search i am sure you'll be able to find it.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
Chris
Old 09-21-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
I agree with Tom's comment re: wide body kit....it just needs to be able to accommodate 275/45-16 tires on all four corners
-Bill
Hey if your going to go that far you should go all the way so we can fit 305+ all the way around.

Cant we stock, run around 255 with the proper offset?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:36 PM

Registered SVX
Hood scoop or scoops something like the old GTO or Charger. something small or even like the GT Legacy. Rear air intakes for brake cooling like the mustang might work and allow the wider wheel wells without loosing to much of the side look.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:28 AM
svxpassion

Thanks

Keep those ideas coming guys. I appreciate it and I'll keep you posted. The wide body seems to be a popular choice. If I can allow 295 or so on all 4 corners without loosing the svx look it'd be good. I like the general lines on the skyline front end too. The general mood I'm getting from you guys is to not overkill it and make it look like an overdone tuner. It is afterall a sports luxury car not JUST a sports car.
Paul
I'll keep you all posted.
I hope to have something designed and prototyped sometime this winter.
It's a long process to get it right. We do everything by hand for designing and prototyping here.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:19 AM
no limitation as limitation

i would definately buy a front and rear bumper as both are damaged (front has a crack and rear has melted due to exaust gasses). if you can make something like the euro bumper in the front that flows with the svx sides i would buy it. i dont know what to do with the boot. perhaps make it out of a material that can withstand my hot exaust gasses.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:35 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
i would definately buy a front and rear bumper as both are damaged (front has a crack and rear has melted due to exaust gasses). if you can make something like the euro bumper in the front that flows with the svx sides i would buy it. i dont know what to do with the boot. perhaps make it out of a material that can withstand my hot exaust gasses.
I think if done properly that pop rivited sheet metal around the tailpipe looks nice, and I stress "PROPERLY"!

edit: now that I think about it, it proably isn't sheel metal it's either alum or stainless steel. It also would't be pop rivits it might be stainless flat hex bolts.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 09-22-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 AM
no limitation as limitation

post a pic of what your thinking. i might be able to fabricate that. i can do metal work but this fibre glass is greek to me.