Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 07:57 PM
Henry

Help me swap interiors!!!

I just bought a low-mileage "L" and wish to swap interiors with my "LSi" - which goes to my son. One is gray, the other tan, so it's all or nothing.

Seats, door panels, and carpet will be easy, along with the Nitrous switch. Who can give me advice regarding the dash assembly?

Who thinks I'm nuts?
Old 07-18-2001, 08:04 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
The dash is not that hard. You need to keep track of a ton of screws though. I can perhaps go down and take pictures of how to take the pieces off one by one. There are about 20+ screws to unscrew and a lot of stuff to pull out. The ashtray, the panel for the gear shift, cig. lighter hole and radio case is easy.
The rest take some time.The key here is patience. For the dash, you will find 3 screws under the dash visor and another 4 more under the switches. You have to twist the switches get them out. Now your dash is out. Next is the hole on top for the air. That will come out. I think you have to unscrew some screw. Then yank it out. Same with the AC controls. Hope that helps. Otherwise, I will go down and take pictures over the weekend for you.
Lwin

ps. how easy is it to install NOS on the car -- and is it bad for the car.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Henry

ps. how easy is it to install NOS on the car -- and is it bad for the car.

It's easy, and it's good for the driver!! I plan on two hours to remove my nitrous kit from Car A and install it on Car B. Be sure to use a WET (injects both nitrous and fuel) system - mine is from Nitrous Express. Dry systems that inject nitrous only depend upon the O2 sensor to tell the ECU to tell the injectors to squirt more fuel -- meantime, it's running lean, and that's very bad! On the Yahoo site I've posted several photos of my installation - nothing fancy, but it works GREAT!

I suggest 75 hp - no more, unless you want to install colder plugs (and then it won't run properly without nitrous!). 75 hp is a nice, conservative, kick in the pants.

I'll really appreciate any help you can provide for swapping interiors - and will reciprocate with nitrous help.
Old 07-18-2001, 09:05 PM

I will post the step by step pics by Sat night... sounds good?
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 07-18-2001, 09:53 PM
Henry

Originally posted by Seraphim [/i]
[B]I will post the step by step pics by Sat night

I'll actually collect the new car in about 10 days, and will drive it from the midwest to California. We'll be ready on about Aug 5 or so to do the switch. Take your time.

Meanwhile, don't hesitate to ask questions regarding the nitrous installation. I've prepared a document that I'll email if you like.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:20 PM

sure, pls e-mail it to lwin@technologist.com
I do not have money to install NOS yet but i am thinking about it. I know the preformance stores in IL that have the parts. I want to get the info from someone who did it before since I don't want my car massed with.

Where in Midwest are you picking up the car from?
Lwin
Old 07-18-2001, 10:20 PM
carpedick

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry
[B]Originally posted by Seraphim [/i]
I will post the step by step pics by Sat night

I'll actually collect the new car in about 10 days, and will drive it from the midwest to California. We'll be ready on about Aug 5 or so to do the switch. Take your time.

Meanwhile, don't hesitate to ask questions regarding the nitrous installation. I've prepared a document that I'll email if you like.
I'd be interested in that document as well.
Old 07-19-2001, 01:24 AM
Henry

Nitrous data in exchange for dash swap data

The nitrous document is posted in Henry's locker.