Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2016, 08:33 AM

Registered SVX
Svx not starting

My 92 SVX has been sitting for over a year now, and I've still had no luck getting it to start. I will admit I haven't put in the most effort but work has been taking its toll on me. Pretty much the svx would start right up every time, but I went around 2 months without starting it and now it just turns over. Im not getting spark or fuel, even after changing the fuel pump. I also noticed that the radio and interior lights don't have power to them, not sure if that's related or not. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:38 AM
SVXNATION

Re: Svx not starting

step one check fusable link in the forward fuse box
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...usiblelink.jpg

We are a combination of both the Network the Forums and a plethora of new bloods! We have close to 6000 members on all forms of social media worldwide. What's all the fuss about? We're just the next logical step in a social media-driven World! As one of the community's longest-running members explained: If the the traditional forums are the library... SVXNATION would most certainly be the popular corner coffee shop

www.svxnation.com

Old 11-27-2016, 03:01 AM

it will crank with a bad (open) fuseable link?
Sorry, 2 am here and haven't pulled up the wiring diagram. Just got on and saw the question.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:24 AM

Registered SVX

well my Fuesable link wasnt blown, but the contact points were very corroded so I replaced it anyways with a brand new one. My battery is currently dead and jumping it dosnt give enough power. Ill be getting a new battery tomorrow and we'll see what happens.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:45 PM

Registered SVX

Got a new battery, still just turns over. No spark or fuel. I realized the svx stopped running around the time I removed the wire that went from battery, through the fire wall and to my amp. I wasnt thinking and I just pulled that wire out of the fire wall staright from under the hood. Could I have unplugged somthing by doing so?
Old 11-28-2016, 03:04 PM
SVXNATION

Very likely do you still get your check engine light with the key in standby? Just want to verify your ecu is intact

We are a combination of both the Network the Forums and a plethora of new bloods! We have close to 6000 members on all forms of social media worldwide. What's all the fuss about? We're just the next logical step in a social media-driven World! As one of the community's longest-running members explained: If the the traditional forums are the library... SVXNATION would most certainly be the popular corner coffee shop

www.svxnation.com

Old 11-28-2016, 06:00 PM

Registered SVX

yeah I get the CEL, I know how to check it using the two wires under the dash but nothing happens when I do this
Old 11-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

It seems that it's an electrical problem.

I'd start with rechecking all the fuses, links, etc. Both under the hood and in the cabin fusebox.

If those look good, I'd find the wiring diagram and check for power at the ECM next, as that drives fuel and spark delivery.

If I remember, there is a whole section in the FSM about how to trace such a problem, where it just is a giant flow chart of checking stuff and seeing what happens.

Try that and see what happens.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 11-29-2016, 04:30 PM

Registered SVX

I'll have to give that a try this weekend, this poor svx has been sitting for far too long. On another note,I painted the SVX lettering on my battery bar, It's beautiful.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:49 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
Got a new battery, still just turns over. No spark or fuel.
Check your MAF, if you have a spare swap it out.

Also, you mentioned replacing the fuel pump. Make sure the plug at the tank has all wires intact. Sometimes the wires break inside the shielding when removing the plug, if not done correctly. i.e., by pulling on the wires instead of only pulling on the plug. (Don't ask me how I know)
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker