IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-17-2017, 11:48 AM

Re: Every member please check in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
Welcome

What kind of exhaust is that?
Thanks. PO installed the exhaust, Magnaflow can with Porsche tips. Car is pretty stock aside from that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0289esm.jpg (507.5 KB, 536 views)
Old 11-25-2017, 07:14 AM

Registered SVX
Wink Re: Every member please check in here!

It's been a long tome but I'm back! Still have daily driver Pearl '92
Old 12-04-2017, 08:54 AM

Hello, This is Jose from Montreal, Canada. I use my SVX as daily driver since 2010. never failed so far. still powerful and perfect is snowy Canadian winter. One of my coworkers offers to buy it when I want to sell it.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:07 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Welcome. Perhaps this is the most eclectic group that you have ever joined.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 12-04-2017, 09:07 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx92svx View Post
It's been a long tome but I'm back! Still have daily driver Pearl '92
Pearlies are the BEST!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 12-31-2017, 01:04 PM

Hi,

I was posting on www.svxworldforums.com, but that seems to a have gone now..

Does anybody know if the site got archived before it went down?

Anyway, introducing my self here: I'm Ian, I have a black 1992 LS with 148K on it. A couple of weeks ago found a large (fist sized) rust hole in my door sill/jam... much sadness. So a few days ago I picked up a Pearl 1992 LS-L with 47K (with a rebuilt transmission still under warranty!) for $2k. It also comes with a very loud rear wheel bearing, some random electrical problems, a cracked radiator and over due timing belt and water pump change (just general major tune up). Once I get those out of the way I can start figuring out what's really wrong with it. Paint and body are in fairly reasonable condition, roof paint is poor, but I'm fairly happy with this as a start point.

Then I need to figure out what to transfer from my Black one (AMR suspension, new MAF, etc.).

Cheers!
Ian.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:38 PM

Hello,
Bought a black 97 from Robert Brooks from Va. We have owned Subarus since 93. Which back then was pretty uncommon in Eastern North Carolina. Saw my first SVX in New Bern, North Carolina in the parking lot of Books a Million maybe around 1999 or 2000. Really wanted one after that, not sure if I might have seen one more, maybe. At best Robert's would be the third SVX I ever laid eyes on and I bought it. Also currently have a 87 Brat I have owned 20 years this past November and a 93 Legacy I bought in September to upgrade the motor in the Brat. Finding myself still driving the 93 Legacy back and forth to work, lol. Wife has a 2011 Forester XT bought new.

So far the only thing I have added is Kosei 16" lightweight alloy wheels and General 50 series G-Max radials. Reduced weight by a touch over 12 pounds per wheel/tire. The car already came with lowering springs, Stebro exhaust, all new brakes with SS brake lines and a true cold air intake.

Thank you for allowing me to join this community.
Glenn Taylor
Aurora, North Carolina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1022.JPG (474.1 KB, 532 views)
Old 01-04-2018, 08:58 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny

Looks very nice! Welcome to the community.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 01-07-2018, 04:47 AM

Registered SVX

When I had my pearly I had thought I would like the tint on the side windows. Then some one made a remark that my car with the clear glass sides made it look more like a bubble top. And tinting widows would do the opposite. Your a lucky guy having salt free cars to buy. Looks great almost bought an all black with full tint Windows. Ended up buying the guys wife's pearly.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:42 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
When I had my pearly I had thought I would like the tint on the side windows. Then some one made a remark that my car with the clear glass sides made it look more like a bubble top. And tinting widows would do the opposite.
Definitely true. My silver with no tint looks like an airplane, or dare I say, spaceship, and everyone commented and/or noticed the windows, while the ebony with dark tint that my wife had looked much more subtle. Even driving them felt totally different inside because of the tint.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 01-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Hello, I'm Brian from Maryland, Baltimore area. Picked up a 95 has a beater to save my Supras from the HARSH Maryland winter. Finally got it on the road. Liking this ! May have to get a better one now!!!

Got some plans for it now !

B
Old 01-08-2018, 06:10 AM

I like the tint, until I try backing up in the dark!!! I think it does dress out the black! Thanks All. Had some God awful weather and drove the SVX to work all weekend. Even with the low ground clearance it was awesome. I literally plowed my 160 yard long driveway with the front bumper.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratman2 View Post
I like the tint, until I try backing up in the dark!!! I think it does dress out the black! Thanks All. Had some God awful weather and drove the SVX to work all weekend. Even with the low ground clearance it was awesome. I literally plowed my 160 yard long driveway with the front bumper.
IIRC, there is a reverse light upgrade, I think? Can't remember the specifics...

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 01-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady View Post
IIRC, there is a reverse light upgrade, I think? Can't remember the specifics...

I have been using the "brite bulbs" from Ron Francis Wire Works exclusively. These were developed for early street rods to give maximum visibility with their small stock tail lights.

I use their B-1015 bulbs in my backup lights and rear turn signals.
http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=B-1015

These are rated at 50 candlepower. Normal auto parts bulbs are rated at 21 candlepower.

I use their B-1077 bulbs in my brake/tail lights and front clear turn signals. They are rated at 50 candlepower for brake and 14 candlepower for tail lights, while normal Auto parts bulbs are rated at only 32 candlepower for brake and only 3 candlepower for tail lights. They also have the B-1077A amber bulbs for your USDM front turn signals.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=B-1077

With these bulbs my normal tail lights are as bright as your brake lights! Those of you who have seen them at Reading know what I am talking about.

I have been using them for over 15 years without incident. They do tend to burn out a little more frequently, but the trade-off in increased visibility is worth it. The added voltage from the alternator wiring upgrade makes them even brighter yet.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 01-14-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:58 AM
Subaru Worshiper

Hello,

Bought my Blue 94 Lsi in February 2017. My family and I have owned several Subaru's Ranging from Legacy Wagons to Tribecas to F prepared AutoX 04 STI.
Have Loved the SVX since I was a kid, and I am now making it my Daily driver since my previous 97 Legacy had a Track Day accident. I look forward to bring my SVX back to its former glory and have lots of work this coming spring.

Currently, the only work I have done is replacing the fuel pump, as it had died as I was driving across Canada. Lucky, Thunder Bay Subaru had one available and I had all my tools with me.

I look forward from learning with all of you as I know most Subaru but know very little about the SVX.

Evan B

Edmonton, Alta
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apr23 - 190.44-12.jpg (544.3 KB, 490 views)