Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 AM

Transmssion Thermostats for coolers

I have been talking to the Mocal distributor about getting a speciality trans thermostat produced for the svx. They currently offer two off the shelf, a low temp - 125 F crack - full flow 140F and a regular that cracks at 160F - full flow 168-170F.

What we have been discussing is the ability to produce a speciality unit for us that would crack at the 150F range and be full open at 160-165F. That should allow us to negotiate the problems with the TC locking and eliminate having to manually actuate or sutff cardboard in front of our existing coolers.

I am curious to see if the stock mid range unit would work. I am under the impression that if the thermostat is seeing 160, then the trans itself is probably 15F higher? I am curious if it might work, or if we could just run it close to the outlet. I was trying to make the plumbing application as simple as possible for these units.

This would be a 1/2" push on type, 4 ports available, 2 that would run continuous through the system and the two that are thermostatically controlled to open for bypass.

Would anyone be interested in a group by for these?

I have been looking for a thermostat for a while to mitigate the severe weather in Montana that can swing from -20F to 60F in the span of 24 hours.

Last edited by liamrh; 01-29-2009 at 07:34 PM.