How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Hater

STORMIN' is right - i agree 100%.
when i got my car, i did the plugs, new battery (needed it), PCV valve, all fluids/filters, and cleaned the throttlebody. added a tranny cooler and ext. filter shortly thereafter. then ground mod, upgraded rotors, s.s. brake lines, and pads. just changed coolant, with new T-stat and temp sensor. this summer it will get new TPS and O2 sensors. next year will be belts and H2O pump, and maybe struts.

the only thing that's failed me so far was a coil pack, but now that its over 60k miles, its time to give it some preventative maintenance. i want to keep it running in top form, as opposed to saving a few bucks and "seeing how long it will go before something breaks." make yourself a maintenance schedule and try to stick to it.

i'd recommend making your SVX "right" mechanically, before doing any performance or cosmetic modifications.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
STORMIN' is right - i agree 100%.
when i got my car, i did the plugs, new battery (needed it), PCV valve, all fluids/filters, and cleaned the throttlebody. added a tranny cooler and ext. filter shortly thereafter. then ground mod, upgraded rotors, s.s. brake lines, and pads. just changed coolant, with new T-stat and temp sensor. this summer it will get new TPS and O2 sensors. next year will be belts and H2O pump, and maybe struts.

the only thing that's failed me so far was a coil pack, but now that its over 60k miles, its time to give it some preventative maintenance. i want to keep it running in top form, as opposed to saving a few bucks and "seeing how long it will go before something breaks." make yourself a maintenance schedule and try to stick to it.

i'd recommend making your SVX "right" mechanically, before doing any performance or cosmetic modifications.
I agree.

Mike
Old 03-03-2003, 07:33 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Welcome to the club, maybe you can touch base with one of the locals, they can probably save you some time and have a peek at your car to see what they think you should worry about next, but having a reputible mechanic would be good too.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 03-03-2003, 08:43 PM
CARLiTO_

is this the correct transmission cooler?

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/nc...grpid=48690019
Old 03-03-2003, 08:55 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Link didn't work for me, but if you call the local auto parts place, they should have the popular B&M Supercooler part#70255, which will fit easily in front of your condenser, if you are an idiot like me you can get the 70268 and place very carefully between the condenser and the rad.
I would recommend one 70255 in from of the condenser, probably more than adequate and easier to fit in.
I paid $72CAN for the 70268 cooler, at Lordco, so make sure they charge you less for the 70255.

search for the "Front grill removal" post before breaking anything unessasarily, and there are lots of threads that explain the Trany cooler options.

Good luck, and don't forget to save up for a trany, and if you are one of the many lucky ones, your will never go, and you can buy another SVX.
PS going price for a rebuilt trany job is $4200CAN.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms