IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Calling member ManYaik: Holy **** dude, everyone okay?

I wouldn't normally send out this sort of thing in public, but I just saw the photo you uploaded. I hope everyone's okay! What on earth happened?! I'm sorry if I'm out of line making a thread like this, just want to make sure everyone's alright.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Calling member ManYaik: Holy **** dude, everyone okay?

yeah i'm ok. will be making a thread on it later today. I was the only one involved. short story:driving way too fast, lost it, slid into a guard rail at 90, rolled into the wash you see in the pic. crawled out and climbed up the wash and flagged someone down, just happend to be a poilce officer.
ECUTune V1.4
Custom Cat-back
Old 03-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Good to know. Sorry to steal your thread, I was just concerned.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 03-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Wow, completely destroyed. Glad you are ok.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 03-25-2012, 04:00 PM

Registered SVX

Looks like the spoiler could be saved.

Cars can be replaced; you can't!

SOLD - 1992 LSL 180K #8588 with svxfiles' all aluminum radiator; Wolf's head synthetic ATF in tranny and power steering; lighted power mode switch; Mobil 1 10W30 motor oil with Bosch 72158 filter; ACDelco A975C air filter; Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 gear oil, Optima BlueTop battery
2002 F550 74K
SOLD - 2000 F450 215K
1987 BMW 535i 209K
1999 Yamaha SRX 700
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX8588 View Post
Looks like the spoiler could be saved.
lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that picture.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 03-25-2012, 06:10 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Welcome to the Scratched Roof Club.
I joined The Club about 1980.
Passing in the grass at 100,
tire came off of the wheel,
hit by a tractor trailer,
700' on the roof...

The admission price is pretty high,
but if it teaches you something,
and all you lost was "a car",
you have another chance.
I am glad that She saved you.
Old Tom.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

wow! one heck of a rollover. Glad she gave what she had to save your life. Hell of a crash to walk away from.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM

Smile Re: Calling member ManYaik: Holy **** dude, everyone okay?

I would place this posting in the "MOD Mania" section ?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Looking at the picture of the DEMOLISHED SVX, and seeing for the first time in my life a subaru with the rocker pannel/perimeter frame seporating...

I think that after a wack/ride/crask like that , maybe you should watch for blood leaking where it shouldn't, have a CAT scan, and take it real easy for a while.
I hear that concussions are easy to get,
concussions are easy to get,
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 PM

Registered SVX
The demise of Ivan The Awesome (loooong)

This is the story of how i totalled my '95 SVX, Ivan the Awesome. Its long, so grab a soda and a bag of chips.

It was a dark and stormy night.......well, it was dark anyway. I got off work at 2:00AM Friday morning and drove across town to Charleston Rd, which runs between Sierra Vista and Tomestone, to test out my new Bontrager anti-sway bar.

Well, the first part is pretty straight, till you get closer to the San Pedro River crossing, then it gets more interesting. I got over the bridge fine, and about 3 corners after that I pass a suv going the other way. well buzzed by him at about 80, I continue to accellerate for 20-30 seconds and the next corner I got a little loose, got off the throttle, and the tail starts coming around. got on the brakes a little and turned into the slide, but to no avail. I see the guard rail coming up really fast, " is this it?" I ask myself. i close my eyes and pray "please God let me live". well it went blank for a little bit, then I hear the impact and feel a pain in my chest. and was along for the ride at that point. Finally come to rest. " Oh God, Oh God" I say. then started calling myself a thousand fools for being so stupid. I hit the horn, its working? then I realize the engines still running! The gas tank is probably ruptured, so i shut it off. Everything goes dark. the battery came loose and the engine was running on alt. power. Great. Did I mention this is 2am? So I grope around trying to find my phone to no avil. So I climb out of the car and feel around for my phone. still nothing. then I thank God for saving my life. I feel around some more and find my watch. its only 2:25.

So I decide to climb up to the road and flag someone down. first car ignores me, "Thanks for stoppin!". I see another car coming, yay. He stops, and its a police officer from Tomestone. "You alright sir?" he asks " no, I just wrecked my car" He puts in the call for EMS. and about 5min. later a Border Patrol suv shows up. its the guy i buzzed by just seconds before wrecking. Well, about 20mins later the ambulance arrives. its from Wilcox. "i dont want to go all the way out there". So they say we'll go to Sierra Vista. They strap me to the gurney, load me up into the ambulance and we're off to the hospital. We get there, the nurses check me out, I have a hole in my right hand about a 1/2 inch wide and needs stitches. I have a pain in my left hip, and left shoulder from the seatbelt, and a pain in my back. so they take some xrays, and nothings broken. yay. Then I remember to ask if someone called my folks. I'm usually home by 2:30am, and by this time its almost 5:30. So talk to my mom, tell her I'm ok and how stupid I was. She sends my dad to pick me up. he gets there about a half hour later, we get the discharge papers and prescriptions and head for home.

The Deputy Sheriff who was taking the report came by Friday evening and says the tow company they called says its going to cost a bit to recover the car, and was concerned about payment. Well, I only had liability on my insurance, so towing isn't covered. I didn't know this at the time. So I tell him I'll call around on Sat. to see whos willing to do the job(see the pics and the end of the post to see how far off the road the car ended up)

So Sat. morning my Dad, older brother and I go down to look at the wreckage. It looks WAY worse in the daylight

I find my phone and mp3 player, but not my glasses.

We go back to town and stop by the insurance place, they tell me about the towing stuff, and, turns out the towing company that the Sheriff's office called contacted them already and says they need a backhoe, or helicopter to get it out Umm.... that sounds expensive.

So we leave there, and go over to this other towing company that my dad suggested thats been in southern AZ for 30+ years and have a decent reputation. They say they can do it, so we arrange to meet at the wreck.

They get there and take a look see, find out they need the bigger truck, and are going to need to close down the road. So the boss man calls the Sheriff Dep. and the driver goes back to town for the other truck and a flatbed. They get back, and begin to prep the car while we wait for the SD. Sheriff gets there and they begin the recovery process. Less then an hour later and its back on the road, ready to be put on the flatbed.

We ended up having to take it home because the wrecking yard isn't open on Sat. So its sitting in the same spot in the driveway that it was when I brought it home in Oct 2010. Wrecking yard will be picking it up Monday.

Sorry for the long post, but thats my weekend in a (large) nutshell. i thank God that I'm alive and that no one else was hurt.

heres the links for pics:
http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/o...After%20Crash/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4498207...7629304616708/

R.I.P. Ivan
ECUTune V1.4
Custom Cat-back
Old 03-25-2012, 11:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: The demise of Ivan The Awesome (loooong)

That is an incredible story. This makes it clear how safe our cars are. It is good, though, that you didn't have any passengers. It doesn't look like they would have survived.
2001 Audi S8
Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 AM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

What a tank. Glad you're ok. The car is replaceable. The SVX is really a safe car. When I first saw that picture I figured someone was in critical condition or dead.

I know you're overwhelmed now but I must ask, Plan on getting another one?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:55 AM

Registered SVX

wow good think ur alright, i'm amazed u only got the minor injuries all things considered, gotta love the built in roll cage subaru builds in their design
is it me or is that driver door untouched?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX

Glad you made it, that wreck looks pretty bad. Just out of curiosity, you came in to the bend on the photo (how many degrees was that?), applied brake and the back came around? What was your speed at this point?

Again, really glad you made it. I just want to know why your tail lost it in that bend.
I'm ready to f...