How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
This is turning to be a funnnnnnAy thread!!!

Keep it up guys... and sicksubie, please start preparing da SilvAAAAAA

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaybrad View Post
Will the international waters building permits allow for construction of a 91 story office/retail/residential tower at the half way mark? We are trying to out do those brash New Yorkers. We plan to put a Subaru dealership on the penthouse floor with a laser light show featuring the SVX and Brat. An SVX based theme park could be erected with paddle boats shaped like amphibious SVX's.

Please strongly consider that 3 of the lanes or your bridge be designated for special needs. One should be set aside for electric/hybrid vehciles along with multipassenger vehicles. The second is for nuns/clergy in general, and the handicapped. The 3rd should be for the Silverspear investment groups use only..
I have actually rethought this... One lane will be for all hybrids. That way they can only slow each other down (imagine the road rage when they get cut off and they start throwing granola at each other or beating each other with their Teva sandals). Two lanes for tractor trailer trucks. Four lanes for all regular speed traffic and then the remaining 3 lanes for the 120+mph crowd. You can most certainly build a 91 story building at the halfway point. We can call the Subaru dealership "Subaru of Atlantis".

P.S. the silver is all ready but you will only be seeing it in your dreams at night.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
One teal and One yellow

crazy thread. ^^

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-16-2007, 11:45 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
One Word:

Chuck Norris
Old 11-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX View Post
One Word:

Chuck Norris
Pwn sauce

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Well, I guess I will be keeping my car. What can I say? I am from here and know my country a little bit better than someone half a world away.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 PM

If the government can allow them to fly 747s into two towers and detonate another why can't they let them build a 90 story building?
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxthc View Post
If the government can allow them to fly 747s into two towers and detonate another why can't they let them build a 90 story building?
Oh please..... Did that awesome video on youtube convince you that the evil american government did that to us? That is such an extreme insult to the people who died on that day. INCLUDING MANY PEOPLE MY FAMILY KNEW. If you want to debate this start a thread in the political forum. Do not pollute this humorous thread.

To answer the only legitimate part of your question: The government can't LET anyone build where there are already buildings. Not just ordinary office buildings but buildings and land that are worth BILLIONS.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Oh please..... Did that awesome video on youtube convince you that the evil american government did that to us? That is such an extreme insult to the people who died on that day. INCLUDING MANY PEOPLE MY FAMILY KNEW. If you want to debate this start a thread in the political forum. Do not pollute this humorous thread.

To answer the only legitimate part of your question: The government can't LET anyone build where there are already buildings. Not just ordinary office buildings but buildings and land that are worth BILLIONS.
Listen... such projects do not come out to the public at their early stages. The project is worth Billions, true... the funding is right there and EASY.

Again I say, what if this project was a joint venture where one party provides the land while the other party constructs the building?

And YES there are buildings on that part of land, and YES they are gonna be demolished to build the new one.

The discussions and math are in process, let us hope the agreement is reached and you will understand and know what I am talking about.

You are too narrow minded man. I mentioned that before, people here are filthy rich. Go to wikipedia and browse the GDP per capita of all countries, you will see that Qatar went from number 7 in 2005 till number 3 NOW.

People over here are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay richer than YOU guys...

(I am not bragging, in fact I hate their guts , but I am just stating facts)

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxthc View Post
You can't use an all-inclusive word like "them" in this context.

The World Trade Center lunatics had to rob planes to do the job. Danny's lads could afford their own planes, if need be.

Also, on a home security front, it would be better if some of the tallest buildings were Arab owned. Their lunatic fringe might be a little less likely to use them for target practice.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
You can't use an all-inclusive word like "them" in this context.

The World Trade Center lunatics had to rob planes to do the job. Danny's lads could afford their own planes, if need be.

Also, on a home security front, it would be better if some of the tallest buildings were Muslim owned. Their lunatic fringe might be a little less likely to use them for target practice.

Joe
Hope in this case, there wouldn't be clashes between Sunnis and Shias...

Naaaa J/K.

You know what? I should start photographing and posting their DAILY DRIVERS from now on. It seems that sicksubie and the others are not taking me seriously...

Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 AM

I have been to Dubai and Qatar.... Have you been to NYC? The cars were ridiculous over there (Dubai especially). I am not narrow minded. You simply can't come to terms that the people who currently own the buildings and live in them are billionaires themselves. They will not care what the $$$ amount is that gets offered for their building. Whatever it is they will laugh til they are blue in the face. NYC wouldn't allow it either. To have to shut off that section (even if it is just the immediate streets that border the block) would be a nightmare. Oh and BTW I guess your friend wants to reroute the subway system too huh? You will HAVE to in order for the project to work. I am laughing just typing this out as it is such an assinine concept.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
....that the people who currently own the buildings and live in them are billionaires themselves. They will not care what the $$$ amount is that gets offered for their building. Whatever it is they will laugh til they are blue in the face...
It seems you read diagonally bro , I already mentioned that it will be a joint venture between AN OWNER of a building and this guy I am telling you about

Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post

Also, on a home security front, it would be better if some of the tallest buildings were Arab owned. Their lunatic fringe might be a little less likely to use them for target practice.

Joe
I doubt that. Check out what is happening in Lebanon, Iraq and parts of Israel (Gaza). Seems they are killing more of each other than anyone else.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
I doubt that. Check out what is happening in Lebanon, Iraq and parts of Israel (Gaza). Seems they are killing more of each other than anyone else.

Lee
Ah, unfortunately you could be right, Lee.

For such religiously zealous people, it is strange that nothing at all appears sacred to them.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: