Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Nothing with a Pontiac badge for me thanks

Can someone at Ford contact Australia and get them to drag the Falcon program over here? P L E A S E!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
NSX is a Honda by the way, NOT Toyota. The NSX has been discontinued if you didnt know. Last year Honda sold 23 NSX's. Theyre putting money in cars that sell 2-300,000 a year into the accord and hybrid technology which is common sense to me. Also Toyota has no concrete intentions of bringing the Supra back now. They have toyed with it but Im glad theres a manufacturer thats putting their money into an everday car for everyone. Not everyone is going to buy a Supra but a LOT of people will buy and are buying Camry's. I For one HATE the Celica but thats just me. The Japanese have taken their culture ideals and put them into corporate innovations by catering to the public. I dont want a 400hp GTO, I dont want a fiberglass corvette. I want something I can live with and keep for a long time. I think thats most anyone. And btw Crusader I love the typhoon and the sister vehicle. Cool idea. Tow a boat and then go take out a Mustang or two. More or less a crossover vehicle like the Trailblazer SS.

GM needs to invest in the Impala/G8 platform, make it rear wheel drive and go from there instead of spreading already dwindling funds into multiple cars. For example Im glad Ford is dropping the Taurus and Crown Vic. I love the fusion and an SVT version of it is rumored as well. The Focus RS is coming with a Volvo I-5T and all wheel drive. thats what Im talkin about. American cars need to be less American persay in its pursuits of the elite car buyer. Elite low productions cars dont make a car company profitable, everday average production cars do. Thats where the Taurus SHO and the current Impala SS/ Grand Prix GXP come in. make performance versions of average cars and make that a niche. Most people buy things with 4 doors. Just like the first Mustang aimed to do. Depending on who u were you could have an sporty economy car or a drag nightmare all in one car. Thats what they need to do. Give people choices in one platform. And technology is proving you can have performance, fuel economy, and reliability in one package. Take the GP GXP, you have 303hp, 28mpg, and room for 5... it caters to everyone. We need more like that. Im just SO glad the G8 will be a rear drive platform. Screw front wheel drive... thats about as performance oriented as a Ford Festiva on bike tires and the GXP cant put 303hp down effectively with fwd. I raced a Lexus IS350 in a GXP rental and it had me by the balls because its rwd. Even the japanese are making rear drive performance... why cant the americans put pride aside and learn a lesson from the foreigners... its not all bad.
Sorry, didn't know I was dealing with someone who couldn't read. Lets see, Toy is building a supercar to compete with the new NSX which will be a front engined super car. In case ya didn't know or get that from NSX COMETITION FROM MY PREVIOUS POST.

Oh and the Taurus will be back next year. FYI there brilliant boy! Yeah I like the fusion too. Gotta love any Mexican built Mazda 6 that needed a renewed platform before it was released.

Might wanna catch up on your car magazine reading. I know I'm trying to learn from those $10 a day Mexicans putting together your next ride!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Too much for you.

The Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo, would be too much for you blokes. It goes too hard, handles too well, rides too hard, has stiff shocks, and a lousy cup holder.
Besides that it would never get passed your emissions.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

lol well gimme a better cup holder and SEND IT OVER! =)

Mexico.... Hmmwhy would I want one of my vehicles built in mexico when everone that lives there is trying to swim here to get OUT of that country lol.

Benebob~ I can see we disagree on more than just these cars lol Judging by your Signature we're far far more different and I dont expect either of us to see the others views. Such is life my friend. And if the NSX were to be brought back as a front engine car then how would it still be an NSX? That would be like bringing the SVX back as an B9 Tribeca...

And for the Mazda lending platforms to the Fusion... where did I say it wasnt a Mazda? lol Im just pointing out styling cues and the direction theyre heading in.. Totally irrelevant.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Just remind ford to bring over the sedan.... not the El Camino

And do youre reading as well. Honda did debut the HSC as the next generation NSX but scrapped it to plan a more affordable $40k or so sports car to compete with the Porsche Boxter... Want to know what that became? The S2000. Duh. There are no concrete plans to put the NSX badge on ANYTHING and Honda has no intention of creating another supercar at this time. Ive looked all over the net, no plans. The HSC wouldve been a beautiful idea nonetheless. Lexus does have a gorgeous concept for a supercar tho. But seriously, I think japan should leave the supercars to the Italians.

Last edited by Boxer6SVX; 02-07-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
GM needs to invest in the Impala/G8 platform, make it rear wheel drive and go from there instead of spreading already dwindling funds into multiple cars. For example Im glad Ford is dropping the Taurus and Crown Vic. I love the fusion and an SVT version of it is rumored as well. The Focus RS is coming with a Volvo I-5T and all wheel drive. thats what Im talkin about. American cars need to be less American persay in its pursuits of the elite car buyer. Elite low productions cars dont make a car company profitable, everday average production cars do. Thats where the Taurus SHO and the current Impala SS/ Grand Prix GXP come in. make performance versions of average cars and make that a niche. Most people buy things with 4 doors. Just like the first Mustang aimed to do. Depending on who u were you could have an sporty economy car or a drag nightmare all in one car. Thats what they need to do. Give people choices in one platform. And technology is proving you can have performance, fuel economy, and reliability in one package.
GM is going almost completely RWD/AWD. By 2010, Cobalt /G5 and Malibu/G6 will be FWD or AWD, and all the cars up from there will be RWD with AWD as an option. Say what you want, but a 6-speed 400hp AWD Grand Prix GXP will be hard to fault.

The Zeta and Kappa platforms are austrailian designs, but all the new RWD/AWD models drived from them will be built in the US and Canada. The only way GM could build a new Camaro was to build it in Canada, and since the next GTO uses the same platform and motor(s), I can't see it being built elsewhere. Plus importing 16,000 (04-06) GTO's a year can work, but the Zeta is underpinning cars that will sell multiple hundreds of thousands a year...they're sure as hell not importing those!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Im aware the G8 (next Grand Prix) will be AWD. I was saying the current fwd GXP was the issue. Im aware what GM plans to do, I just hope they dont go belly-up first

Im a die hard American but I cant see myself owning one. Right now and for the recent past the Americans just havent been able to get it right. Now GM just needs an OHC v8 and they'll be close to being in the 21st century of automakers. Im glad to see that GM is going to stick to building cars here in America. Lets hope the layoffs end if that happens.

And tell them to kill Saab just like they killed Geo.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
lol well gimme a better cup holder and SEND IT OVER! =)

Mexico.... Hmmwhy would I want one of my vehicles built in mexico when everone that lives there is trying to swim here to get OUT of that country lol.

Benebob~ I can see we disagree on more than just these cars lol Judging by your Signature we're far far more different and I dont expect either of us to see the others views. Such is life my friend. And if the NSX were to be brought back as a front engine car then how would it still be an NSX? That would be like bringing the SVX back as an B9 Tribeca...

And for the Mazda lending platforms to the Fusion... where did I say it wasnt a Mazda? lol Im just pointing out styling cues and the direction theyre heading in.. Totally irrelevant.
Pick up a copy of the latest Car and Driver, then have a friend read it to ya. I chose that one since it is written at a 6th grade level and I'm sure you can find someone capable of translating the jist to ya. If you're lucky maybe then you can move onto some press releases or Automotive News.

So what you don't think that Bush's daugthers should be fighting for our country? That's comforting. Heck even Prince William is in the military!

Oh as for the Fusion, lets see, me an import buyer won't buy one as they don't pay the workers who make it a living wage (just as I won't buy a Korean car), your average union Ford employee won't buy it as it isn't made by a union worker and the buy American fanatics won't buy it as its made elsewhere. Right there is 35% of the population that won't even go for a test drive. It is just like every other Ford car (Taurus-500 included) dead in the water as the typical Ford buyers don't like other platforms under it.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Nothing with a Pontiac badge for me thanks

Can someone at Ford contact Australia and get them to drag the Falcon program over here? P L E A S E!!!
Isnt that just an extension of the old Contour?
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Didnt I say that I dont support american automakers who lay off theyre employees? And dont insult me. I dont need that from you. And I dont think anyone should be able to opt out of our military. I was in the Coast Guard and feel everyone should do a couple years to appreciate our country a little more and what our troops do for us. We voted Clinton in and he ran to Canada during the war... I didnt vote for him lol But seriously... isnt just about anyone better than Kerry?

The Contour and the Falcon are different platforms. The Falcon is RWD and i doubt a turbocharged i-6 will fit into a Contour lol

Last edited by Boxer6SVX; 02-08-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I didnt vote for him lol But seriously... isnt just about anyone better than Kerry?
Obviously not, at least Kerry volunteered and served (even though I wouldn't vote for him either BTW). I wouldn't insult you if YOU HAD READ WHAT I WROTE!

Maybe before making statements you should, um, well, have some knowedge of which you speak instead of using your ignorance as truth. So would you like to admit you we WRONG about the NSX and the upcoming Toyota supercars yet?

So again what's wrong with my sig other than your ignorance is assuming things that maybe just aren't correct?
Old 02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

This is just simply straying from subject at this point. I wasnt here to talk politics on a car forum. And various information comes from different sources. I am more than capable of reading as well. Let me see your IQ score and we'll compare notes. Show me your engineering degree and we'll compare those too. Im not ignorant, nor am i illiterate. I have paid attention to what you have written and, aside from the highly hypothetical words you type, some of your contribution is credible. The NSX nameplate is dead and Toyota is branding its supercar as a Lexus. Noone bought a Honda nameplated NSX with a six figure pricetag and Im sure the same people wouldnt buy a similarly priced Toyota of the same genre. Even the Ford GT has had quite the struggle with finding people to pay $125k for a blue oval.

Your signature, while its relevance to anything automotive in any way is bleak, is politically an extremist statement and the words 'extreme' and 'politics' in the same sentence get nothing accomplished but piss people off and the same assumption and outlandish statement all in all seems rediculous and Im not sure where you can claim any concrete credibility with a statement like that. War is war, its not pretty and its not over quickly. We've made a HUGE mess and all in all as much as I hate the war and as much as i believe we need to worry about our own issues and stop being the world police, if we brought everyone home at this exact moment Id give it a matter of weeks before they brought the war to our home turf. So its either war there or war here. All in all Im not totally disagreeing with you, just the manner in which u are saying things.

Noone held a gun to anyones head and forced them into the military. You pledge to serve your country regardless. I am proud of this country and aside from this war, I feel it is very strong and will, with all the help and grace from God, will only get better with someone else in the hot seat as President. If the Coast Guard called right now and made me active duty again AND sent me overseas, as much as I would hate it, I will serve my country and I feel one american is no better or any more disposable than another. We are all humans and we all have wifes, husbands, sons and daughters, fathers and mothers. Unfortunately people do die in war, I just wished I could say it was for a logical, rational, and that the people who have and/or will die would only be dying for a cause relationg to their own country rather than at another country's expense. To Hell with other country's. We are the United States Military and the only things we should be concerned with is the United States.

Last edited by Boxer6SVX; 02-08-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
This is just simply straying from subject at this point. I wasnt here to talk politics on a car forum. And various information comes from different sources. I am more than capable of reading as well. Let me see your IQ score and we'll compare notes. Show me your engineering degree and we'll compare those too. Im not ignorant, nor am i illiterate. I have paid attention to what you have written and, aside from the highly hypothetical words you type, some of your contribution is credible. The NSX nameplate is dead and Toyota is branding its supercar as a Lexus. Noone bought a Honda nameplated NSX with a six figure pricetag and Im sure the same people wouldnt buy a similarly priced Toyota of the same genre. Even the Ford GT has had quite the struggle with finding people to pay $125k for a blue oval.

Your signature, while its relevance to anything automotive in any way is bleak, is politically an extremist statement and the words 'extreme' and 'politics' in the same sentence get nothing accomplished but piss people off and the same assumption and outlandish statement all in all seems rediculous and Im not sure where you can claim any concrete credibility with a statement like that. War is war, its not pretty and its not over quickly. We've made a HUGE mess and all in all as much as I hate the war and as much as i believe we need to worry about our own issues and stop being the world police, if we brought everyone home at this exact moment Id give it a matter of weeks before they brought the war to our home turf. So its either war there or war here. All in all Im not totally disagreeing with you, just the manner in which u are saying things.

Noone held a gun to anyones head and forced them into the military. You pledge to serve your country regardless. I am proud of this country and aside from this war, I feel it is very strong and will, with all the help and grace from God, will only get better with someone else in the hot seat as President. If the Coast Guard called right now and made me active duty again AND sent me overseas, as much as I would hate it, I will serve my country and I feel one american is no better or any more disposable than another. We are all humans and we all have wifes, husbands, sons and daughters, fathers and mothers. Unfortunately people do die in war, I just wished I could say it was for a logical, rational, and that the people who have and/or will die would only be dying for a cause relationg to their own country rather than at another country's expense. To Hell with other country's. We are the United States Military and the only things we should be concerned with is the United States.
Again the NSX is coming back according to well HONDA! Who brought up politics? Oh wait there that was um YOU. So my sig, is extremist. Wanting public servants to steer their kids into military service is now extremist. Brilliant, lets drink a guiness to that one!

Oh and what schools did you go to? As you say to hell with other countries! Why don't you sell your Hitler mobile and Jap crap and get yourself to another board then or is that too extremist for ya?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Lol no youre just an utter moron really.

ANYWAY. Your socalled NSX replacement youre referring to is the Acura Sports Car Concept shown in Detroit right? Funny, Auto Week mag says its a basis for styling cues and technological innovation.. So its a pig for testing....

The Lexus FT-HS is the only one seeming to hold water right now that, if it makes it, will be sold in the next decade... Im trying to see your points that you are making relevant to automobiles.

Dont you drive a Subaru yourself? And what does Hitler have to do with automobiles? Seriously? Hell if its reliable I'll drive a car built by Hitler himself as long as its not a POS from Daimler or GM. Drive past a rental car establishment. GM is a breeding ground of rental cars. Face it.

My degree? lol Virginia Commonwealth University and George Washington University. Look those up when u have time lol. Bachelors in Hydraulic Engineering and an Associates in Human Psychology. Where are your degrees from? You're a self employed carpenter, dont try to talk to me about things outside the realm of what you do ok? You want to talk Advanced Mathematics or Linear Equations let me know. Education serves a purpose.

Last edited by Boxer6SVX; 02-08-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:

My degree? lol Virginia Commonwealth University and George Washington University. Look those up when u have time lol. Bachelors in Hydraulic Engineering and an Associates in Human Psychology. Where are your degrees from? You're a self employed carpenter, dont try to talk to me about things outside the realm of what you do ok? You want to talk Advanced Mathematics or Linear Equations let me know. Education serves a purpose.

Oh I see, Those are really good schools, if you like football and basketball. Which degree would you like my 2 B.A.s or my Masters.

What's wrong with being a carpenter there idiot. I guess it wouldn't make ya feel like you're penis is big enough to do such a meaningless job even with owning a Bimmer. Man that must be a really small penis you got down there with all that compensation. Maybe you ought to buy yourself a Hummer! I simply work my 10 hours a week so I can RAISE my daughter rather than shipping her off to daycrap. That's more worthwhile to me than to drive a penis enlarging car.

Better not talk to you about Honda's press release regarding their forthcoming NSX replacement (that in you're pea mind doesn't exist as you're the master of Honda huh). I see you're realizing YOU WERE WRONG about Toyota's supercar replacement in the works as you said it didn't exist a page or 2 ago. BTW in case you' didn't know LEXUS IS TOYOTA

Enjoy you're day working for someone else. I'm going skiing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: