Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Formally Capuano

The previous owner of my '94 had an experience where a garage cleaned the inside of his car for him after some major service. When he asked what they used on the "suede", they told him it was "Simple Green" cleaner. He was furious! But when he went to pick up the car, it was beautiful. So that's what he reccommended. I've never had to clean mine yet.
Cappy

'94 LSi Barcelona Red 158,000 miles
'92 LS-L Dark Teal 47,000 miles
'95 Olds Acheiva 104,000 miles
'85 Audi 4000 135,000 miles
'87 Supra 129,000 miles - 2nd JDM engine
Old 11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Note in the previous link that it's correctly spelled "Ecsaine" and not "Escaine". Might make it easier to find
Old 11-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Didn't notice that. What an ecsaine way of spelling something.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

I'm still wondering how to pronounce "ecsaine"... is it "ek-sayne"? or "ek-sa-in"? or "ex-ayne"?... or what?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
I don't really have an issue with people drinking in the car but smoking is a NO.
yes i have occasionally allowed for my boyfriend to drink in it (although those days are over. he took one on and sat it between his thighs on the seat. i found a ring in my leather the exact size of a jack in the box cup forever imprinted in my seat! ) but there has never been a lit cigarette in it and as long as i own it there never will be. The ash tray is cleaner than the one in my moms brand new Honda (also never smoked in) and i intend to keep it that way. I use it to hold my cell phone, i like it close by when i drive and what else could i use it for?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Excellent link Darrell, Thanks!

Anybody have a "brand name" for benzene?

fun benzene facts:

ben·zene

noun
Definitions:

toxic liquid from petroleum: a colorless volatile toxic liquid with a distinctive odor. Source: petroleum. Use: manufacture of dyes, polymers, and industrial chemicals. C6H6
Former name benzol

Benzene:
Benzene (C6H6), colorless, flammable toxic liquid with a pleasant aromatic odor. A Hydrocarbon, benzene is the parent substance of the Aromatic Compounds. It consists of an unusually stable hexagonal ring of six carbon atoms, each of which is attached to a hydrogen atom. Derivative compounds include toluene, phenol, and aniline. Obtained from coal tar and petroleum, benzene and its derivatives are used in making dyes, drugs, and plastics.

benzene:
(C6H6) A constituent of gasoline

benzol:
A by-product of manufacture of coke. Sometimes it is used as an engine fuel

Benzene may result whenever carbon-rich materials undergo incomplete combustion. It is produced naturally in volcanoes and forest fires, and is also a component of cigarette smoke.

Many important chemicals are essentially benzene, with one or more of the hydrogen atoms replaced with another functional group:

Alkyl substituents (alkylbenzenes)
Toluene C6H5-CH3
Xylene C6H4(-CH3)2
Mesitylene C6H3(-CH3)3
Ethylbenzene C6H5-CH2-CH3

Other substituents
Phenol C6H5-OH
Aniline C6H5-NH2
Chlorobenzene C6H5-Cl
Nitrobenzene C6H5-NO2
Picric acid C6H2(-OH)(-NO2)3
Trinitrotoluene C6H2(-CH3)(-NO2)3
Benzoic acid C6H5-COOH
Salicylic acid C6H4(-OH)(-COOH)
Acetylsalicylic acid C6H4(-O-C(=O)-CH3)(-COOH)
Paracetamol C6H4(-NH-C(=O)-CH3)(-OH)
Phenacetin C6H4(-NH-C(=O)-CH3)(-O-CH2-CH3)

lest anyone should get the mistaken impression that I am in fact smart, this is all cut and paste....

I did get from this the idea that paint thinner is the short answer...

or, possibly, smoking in your car will keep your ecsaine clean.

skip
Old 11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
... The ash tray is cleaner than the one in my moms brand new Honda (also never smoked in) and i intend to keep it that way. I use it to hold my cell phone, i like it close by when i drive and what else could i use it for?
You're much better off throwing the cell phone onto the back seat. I get extremely annoyed when I see people driving while talking on the phone. Almost had a guy drift right into me outside Washington DC on the highway as I was passing him quite properly on the left. He was so busy yakking that he almost came right into my lane. He honestly never noticed until I blasted my horn, and then he had this shocked look on his face like I just transported in from nowhere and shouldn't be blocking his way.

I don't even like the hands-free phone setups. You're better off using the ashtray for spare change, or as a candy dish for individually wrapped hard candy, or even to hold those little packs of wet wipes... lots of possibilities

'Course, here in Germany if a cop spots you driving with a cell phone in your hand, you get a hefty fine plus points. They even fine bicycle riders! And yes... bicycle riders caught by the cops here also get the points taken off their car driver's licence, if they have one. Same goes for drunk driving... if you are riding your bicycle while over the legal limit, you could even end up with your car driver's licence suspended!

Anyway... neat info on cleaning the ecsaine. Good to know! Thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
'Course, here in Germany if a cop spots you driving with a cell phone in your hand, you get a hefty fine plus points. They even fine bicycle riders! And yes... bicycle riders caught by the cops here also get the points taken off their car driver's licence, if they have one. Same goes for drunk driving... if you are riding your bicycle while over the legal limit, you could even end up with your car driver's licence suspended!
hmmm... that's odd...

I never would have imagined Germany being such a Police State
Old 11-09-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
I never would have imagined Germany being such a Police State