Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsegretosvx
did you have to make alot of mods to the seat bracket? I was looking at putting in WRX seats with stock brackets, but didnt want to buy anything until I knew if they would fit.

I'm quite certain it won't fit. Totally different. Not sure why you'd want to anyways as they are definately cheap seats that aren't the most supportive new I can't imagine after 100k. My old Impreza seats were about useless by 90k. Sure they look decent but really you'd be much happier going with something aftermarket if you did anything. Personally I wouldn't touch 'em as I find the SVX seat to be decently sporting for a GT car. Besides, they are intergal to the design of the interior. If you really want a subie seat find yourself a new XT6 drivers seat. YOU WILL BE IN HEAVEN. Very durable seat. Last a good 150k or so before showing signs of wear and definately the most supportive and comforable seat made by Subaru to date. Don't laugh, remeber, the XT6 was about 20k new in 1988 so it was definately a more expensive care than the WRX ever will be. In order to keep prices down Subaru had to cut corners on the Impreza. The seats are one of those corners.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:27 PM

Here are some pics as night set in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Race car july 002.jpg (84.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Race car july 003.jpg (91.3 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Race car july 012.jpg (72.0 KB, 128 views)
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ben,
Nice! I'm guessing the seat doesn't adjust?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Nice! I'm guessing the seat doesn't adjust?
-Bill

Actually it goes further forward than the stock seat and about as far back as stock. No adjustment on the seat back or height though. It is a little lower than stock and slightly of center (the wrong way as since I used the stock front tunnel to mount until we get a cage in there were big holes where I needed to thread the bolts through). You'll fit just fine.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:47 AM
ilsegretosvx

What I was trying to say was using the bracket from the WRX seats do you think that it would fit? BTW have you sat in the STi seats....very comfy. The newer WRXs have the same type of seat just not in the blue black combo. I have looked up Sparco, Momo, Corbeou? and other to find a bracket for our car but no luck. Any hints would be helpfull
Old 07-16-2005, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsegretosvx
What I was trying to say was using the bracket from the WRX seats do you think that it would fit? BTW have you sat in the STi seats....very comfy. The newer WRXs have the same type of seat just not in the blue black combo. I have looked up Sparco, Momo, Corbeou? and other to find a bracket for our car but no luck. Any hints would be helpfull

The WRX seat and bracket is totally different. It is a fair amount narrower. Yes I've sat in one, which is exactly why I said what I said. Trust me, they are very poor seats to start with not quite ford pu bench seat quality but for a sporty car they are bad.

You won't find a bracket that'll fit. Personally I'd get some universal sliders from Summit and you should be able to make them fit. Summit sells a very decent supportive racing seat for the ricer crowd that is top notch and cheap. Look it up! I still think it'll detract from the overall appearance of the car. I'd never do it on a street car.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ben,
So where might one get one of these high-end XT-6 seats?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 07-16-2005, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
So where might one get one of these high-end XT-6 seats?
-Bill

Did I say it was high end? I simply said it was the best Subie has ever made. Japanese auto seats overall are some of the crappiest out there as far as support and all. Granted they wear great but they lack support in turns. Most of them now have well over 180k on 'em so if you want one go to the dealer and get a new one. Shouldn't be more than $500.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Did I say it was high end? I simply said it was the best Subie has ever made. Japanese auto seats overall are some of the crappiest out there as far as support and all. Granted they wear great but they lack support in turns. Most of them now have well over 180k on 'em so if you want one go to the dealer and get a new one. Shouldn't be more than $500.
Ben,
Jeez, next time I'll include the "sarcastic" smilie By "high end", I was referring to the level of restraint you said it provided Guess I'll stick with my velcro harness until I enter the "prep" wars next season.
(guess what? The 510 that has been the only car running is E Prepared at FedEx must be finally dialing in his car - he did one of his four runs this month - I was on vacation - within a second of the top GS time...the other three weren't within 10 seconds...)
-Bill

My Locker