How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-24-2005, 10:08 AM
no limitation as limitation

IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL wtf!!??

im getting this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL with a nice side of blue screen death. ive looked on the tech forums with little help. whats going on with my box.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
See, that's the beauty of Microsoft products. They provide super clear descriptions of the problems. Bill and team were kind enough to provide a message to you, prior to death, that expalined everything. First, you must understand that your IRQL is most certainly not, less than, or even equal. From there, the fix should be quite simple.

Sorry for the humor. I know this could be a very trying situation.

If all else fails, are you able to boot into safe mode, use System Restore and then restore to like yesterday? Of course, you might wnat to backup data if you can. Of course, this all leads to a reformat, basically.

Best of luck.

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 02-24-2005, 11:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Google is your friend

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 02-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
I find this error most common to be a hardware/driver malfunction.

Have you recently upgraded any hardware or drivers?

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 02-24-2005, 04:26 PM

the techie at the geek squad said might be a ram problem. it started alot shortly after the last windows update but i saw it first recently after installing the nvidia gforce 6800 gt pcie (used to be ati x700 pcie). but i have had this error a few times in the past after building the machine. it magicly went away and now its back. because of the conflicts im having with the gpu and motherboard im replacing my motherboard and cpu to an abit fatality and amd 64 3800+ so i hope i dont have this problem again. but i might and it would be nice to know how to fix it. im useing kingston hyper x ddr 400 512 x2 ram set and i plan to cary it over to the next setup.

oh and im water cooling it with a koolance exos.

Last edited by Matthewmongan; 02-24-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
Could be RAM as RAM is hardware. But generally the BIOS should be able to detect a bad RAM chip if it does a complete seek. Try it by disabling any kind of "fast boot sequence."

I'd put the blame on the PCI-Express Bus you're using. Keep in mind PCIE is pretty new so check online to see if anyone else has the same issues with ur hardware combinations. I was going to also say that it might be a heat issue, but seems like you have that covered. Be sure all the fans are working, all the chips/cards are seated properly (take em out and put em back in)

Have you tried a fresh install of Windows? I've had errors that would just not go away. I had a constant "bug check" error (basically fatal exception) that would restart the computer at random. I could not fix it at all, but a fresh install of XP seemed to do the trick. ....Oddly enough usually a fresh install works - When did u do your windows install?

Good luck - no one likes the BSOD

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 02-24-2005, 05:40 PM

im hoping the fresh start works, im getting the new equipment in saturday but i wont get the mounting bracket for the cpu cooler till mid next week i hope this works because i got alot of audio editing to do.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I also recommend a clean install of Windows. I've had nothing but bad luck going from any ATI video card to any nVidia card (or the other way around).
Old 02-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Giong back to the beaters...

It took us a week to figure out that my friends ram chip went bad. no blue screen just total lockage. Many scans and such no error messages
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 02-25-2005, 12:42 PM

yeah ive run a hole bunch of scanns. fortunately kingston has a lifetime warinty so im going to send the set back to new egg in a week or so. its just a pita with the down time of waiting for them to send me another set.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
the techie at the geek squad said might be a ram problem. it started alot shortly after the last windows update but i saw it first recently after installing the nvidia gforce 6800 gt pcie (used to be ati x700 pcie). but i have had this error a few times in the past after building the machine. it magicly went away and now its back. because of the conflicts im having with the gpu and motherboard im replacing my motherboard and cpu to an abit fatality and amd 64 3800+ so i hope i dont have this problem again. but i might and it would be nice to know how to fix it. im useing kingston hyper x ddr 400 512 x2 ram set and i plan to cary it over to the next setup.

oh and im water cooling it with a koolance exos.
1. Maybe it's just me, but I had to re-read that 4 times to understand what you're saying. Can your sister help translate?

2. If you're going to upgrade the mainboard, memory, and CPU, it's a good idea to reinstall the OS from scratch. Some updates for Windows causes problems with driver installs.

3. Since you overclock your computer, I'd say check out those tin foils that help the memory transfer heat. Just because it's water cooled doesn't mean the memory's cool enough. Many people had problems with those little memory heatsinks.

4. Maybe your board's fried. It's a common problem for people who overclock. Changing your board and CPU might fix it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: