Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Forum?

Is this a NEON, WRX or SVX forum?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Hey, how'd your surgery go? Did they remove the stick from your ass yet?

Anyway, we've had SRT4 vs WRX threads in this forum before, and I just saw a video of the two cars racing. Thought some members here might like to see it. It's close. The WRX looks like it might win at the end, but who knows.

Anyway, just hit your back button if you're going to be a dick about it.

- Rob
Old 05-20-2003, 12:52 PM
alacrity024

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
heh.. right on

i'm at work so i can't watch it, but i'd be interested.. they're pretty close on paper, but i get the feeling that the subaru is a slightly better car from a reliability standpoint. i guess neither car has been around long enough to know for sure, but i guess it's just a hunch.

of course, if i had a $20,000 new car budget, i'd buy an SRT4.. if i had a $25,000 budget, I'd buy an SRT4 and another SVX.. i don't actually think i'd buy a WRX if i could afford to..

now an STi.. well.. that's a different story altogether

-adam
Old 05-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Hummm

Not worthy of addressing the personal insult in response to a critical posting.

You are right, there have been some occasional postings of other than SVX and I have no problem with that at all. It just seems that you have a very large number of postings about the NEON. I think the critical comment was directed more to that than the occasional postings.

Please note--there is still no personal insult in this posting.

Lee

SVXx4
Old 05-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:

- Rob
That's just about the smartest thing i've heard in a week.

Mike
Old 05-20-2003, 01:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I still say big deal. I want to see track time comparisons between the WRX and SRT-4. Sure, the SRT-4 can accelerate slightly faster in a straight line - but most real roads are not made of straight lines and I'm not particularily interested in those that are.

Of course, lap time comparisons are hard to make fair. That's probably why drag racing is so popular - it's an easy contest to call.

Look, the BMW-Williams F1 team has most powerful engine in F1 in the back of their car. But they're getting killed at the races this year because the chassis stinks.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-20-2003, 01:55 PM

i think Rob is right...everyone posts once in a while something that has nothing to do with an svx...most of the time we post about our problems with our svxi...right now it seems that he hasn't had any problems with his svx, but he still wants to contribute to the network. he found something subie related...and some people on here would like to see it..i posted about a problem i have because i respect the opinions of most of the people on this network.

it is only when every other word of a person's posts have something to do with Neon, or something else...and everything is compaired to the Neon...or whatever, that is when people get pissy...and i think Rob has been very good about that...so come on...be nice

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I still say big deal. I want to see track time comparisons between the WRX and SRT-4. Sure, the SRT-4 can accelerate slightly faster in a straight line - but most real roads are not made of straight lines and I'm not particularily interested in those that are.
I agree. However, they're two designed for way different purposes. The SRT4, is basically, a track car. It has a STIFF suspension, low profile tires, lots of power, and doesn't weigh much, tiny, etc. The WRX on the other hand.... also has a lot of power, all wheel drive, a CUSHY suspension that can take large bumps and ruts, REGULAR tires (not low profile), weighs more, is bigger, etc.

If you were wanting a car to drive everyday, and drive in the winter, and haul stuff.... duh.. WRX... if you were wanting a car to take to the track, or go autocrossing, i'd say the SRT4. In a road race, I have a feeling the SRT4 would KILL the WRX, purely because of the suspension differences.

- Rob
Old 05-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

That's just about the smartest thing i've heard in a week.

Mike
So, you're still at home?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-20-2003, 04:17 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

rob... so according to what you're saying, comparing these two cars would be comparing apples to oranges? i.e. the better comparison (despite the monetary discrepencies) would be the srt-4 to the sti, and the regular neon to the wrx?
mrspyder: gotta have a drop top in cali...

always looking for a reliable 5spd svx...
Old 05-20-2003, 05:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:

I agree. However, they're two designed for way different purposes. The SRT4, is basically, a track car. It has a STIFF suspension, low profile tires, lots of power, and doesn't weigh much, tiny, etc. The WRX on the other hand.... also has a lot of power, all wheel drive, a CUSHY suspension that can take large bumps and ruts, REGULAR tires (not low profile), weighs more, is bigger, etc.

If you were wanting a car to drive everyday, and drive in the winter, and haul stuff.... duh.. WRX... if you were wanting a car to take to the track, or go autocrossing, i'd say the SRT4. In a road race, I have a feeling the SRT4 would KILL the WRX, purely because of the suspension differences.

- Rob
I haven't read a lot about the SRT-4, but one of the articles I did read was in a Mopar fanzine. The article was a comparison of the SRT-4 and the WRX. Even in this obviously biased magazine, they complained about the SRT-4's handling problems - body roll was an especially big gripe with them. One of the photos even showed the car taking a turn with one rear wheel off the ground.

What is so brilliant about the SRT-4's suspension, in your opinion, that makes it so awesome?

And, yeah, I'd definitely agree that the cars are built for different things - if you can specilize four-door compacts any more, I'd like to see how. If the WRX is 'cushy,' I'd say it's due to the car being built to handle more than the occasional pothole.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-20-2003, 06:13 PM

wrx stomped

thanks Rob for posting this video. I think the wrx lost
Old 05-20-2003, 06:46 PM
svxeno

Does anyone think it might be the drivers making the difference and not so much the cars? (In this case)

Randy ii
Old 05-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by subafan
rob... so according to what you're saying, comparing these two cars would be comparing apples to oranges? i.e. the better comparison (despite the monetary discrepencies) would be the srt-4 to the sti, and the regular neon to the wrx?
I don't think so. The SRT4 is 20grand. A WRX is about that. The STI is 30 grand. Obviously it'd be stupid to compare them. My point was the SRT is a lower lighter vehicle with stiff suspension. The WRX is a slightly bigger heavier vehicle with softer suspension. Which car you would rather have would depend on what you wanted; I wouldn't say either one is 'better', they're both pretty cool.

- Rob