How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-20-2002, 08:31 PM

Rattles and Loudness

A couple of things.

1. I've got lots of rattles comming from everywhere. Even going over small bumps. It's literally driving me insane. Does anyone know of what is prone to rattling inside the interior and if anything can be done to fix it?

2. My engine's very loud at high RPMs. I'm running Amsoil synthetic 10W30, which I'm a little iffy about. It sounds fine and quiet at idle, but if I really get on the gas, you'd think I were driving an SUV. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:39 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Rattles and Loud Engine

My interior rattles a little too (92), I think it may be from a loose back deck. I'm hoping it will stop when I take out the deck to change the rear speakers. The most annoying rattle (for me anyway) was the rattling of the locks when my stereo was on. To fix this i stuck the fuzzy side of velcro to the back of the locks. My engine is kind of loud at high RPMs (using Castrol 10w30 Synthetic Blend), nothing that's not to be expected from a sports car.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-20-2002, 09:33 PM

Re: Rattles and Loud Engine

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
My interior rattles a little too (92), I think it may be from a loose back deck. I'm hoping it will stop when I take out the deck to change the rear speakers. The most annoying rattle (for me anyway) was the rattling of the locks when my stereo was on. To fix this i stuck the fuzzy side of velcro to the back of the locks. My engine is kind of loud at high RPMs (using Castrol 10w30 Synthetic Blend), nothing that's not to be expected from a sports car.
I think I'll pork around a little, possibly removing the rear deck, or tightening stuff up if it needs it.

That lock idea sounds great. Whenever I have my stereo cranking, its bzz bzz bzz with the music. Very annoying. I wasn't aware that it was the locks rattling, I just knew it was something on the door. Hopefully this will fix that problem.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
i have the same exact sound coming from the rear deck area of my 92 svx ,, but it is coming from the rear eat belts thats up in side the corner decks, cause whene u pull them down and buckle they stop ratling..

so u might wanna check that out also while u are back there,, or just buckle your rear seat belts together...

as for engine noise,, svx engine are loud monsters,, 3.3 liter enigne revving 7,000 rpm is impressive for its size,, and its goign to sound nmoisy,, u might have exhaust issues