Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I think it's time...

This is harder to say than it should be. I mean, in the end it's just a car, right? It's a special car, but still just a car.

I think it's time to sell it. The poor thing sat in my garage for four or five years, neglected. It's running great now, but that's only because I've taken a year away from things that I love to do.

For many reasons, I think I need to choose between preserving a car and racing one. I love the SVX dearly, but that choice is obvious to me.

Not that it's easy. I mean, it still has a parking permit sticker on it from our honeymoon in 2000. No kidding, the trunk still has stuff in it from the 10th Anniversary meet. It was my first Subaru, but in the meantime we've had five more.

Some things need to happen before I put the car up for sale. It needs new tires, and I plan to repaint the stock wheels as well. The rotors, which have all of a hundred miles on them but sat for years, should really be turned.

But that's pretty much it. I did a lot of work on the car a few weeks ago, and it's running beautifully. I hope I can find a buyer who wants to care for it like I don't think I do any more. I may not want to preserve the car, but I think that's what it deserves.

My RX8, another car I really like, will go up for sale next. That car was always going to end in regret for me, whether I kept it or sold it. The best ones are deeply flawed, you know?

This has always been a fabulous community. I've been a part of other owner club forums since joining this one a very long time ago, but none are like this one.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to wynndi Send a message via Yahoo to wynndi
Re: I think it's time...

I had a tough time letting my '96 Redd go as well. She was the finest car I had ever owned and I have owned some nice machinery!

Oddly, though it has been over 6 months, I wonder how she is doing, yeah, that sounds weird....I was sentimental that way about my first car too, a 1973 Mach I, when I had to leave her behind in Connecticut after being stationed in Washington state.

'96 Redd's replacement, an Audi S5 Prestige Edition, turns heads and gets challenges from Camaros and Chargers, etc on I-95, but not as much as the SVX did.

Happy motoring!