Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 PM

Registered SVX
Resealed engine

There is an engine i could get right now for a decent price and I would be willing to reseal it and drop it into somebodys car for a good price.

Say 1500 bucks for a resealed engine all installed? Price negotiable, but the engine will likely get grabbed quickly so if no one is interested soon the chance will be gone...

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Palm Springs of Washington
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Re: Resealed engine

how many miles on said engine? it might be worth picking up if it is jdm mileage, lol.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Registered SVX

I can't justify it. In around a year and a half I might dump some money in a project like that, but since it will be sitting unused for a year not yet.
92 LSL Pearl 205k+ mi. 4.44 Trans (no 1st or reverse) | VR3 deck, Shark class-D amp, 6.5" bass tube, JVC front, Lanzar rear | SPD trunk struts. Gotta get ones for hood, the random auto store ones don't cut it. Vice grips work tho | DDM HID's 55W shining nice and white.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 PM

Registered SVX

Rumored 120k engine. (Cannot verify since it is already out of the car).

If someone is seriously interested then PM me or call me at 425 nine two three 3006. I need to know soon or it will be gone.

Missing intake manifold, coils, ac pump, power steering pump, alternator, and throttle body. But if you have a decent engine in your car, then we can just transplant what is needed to complete the engine.

Everything from the shortblock out would have a thorough inspection performed, including cylinder condition (as much as can be seen with slugs still in the cylinder), oil sump and baffle. A compression test would be done to insure that there is no need for new rings.

For 1500 cash the price would include removal of old engine and installation of resealed engine.

Resealed engine would have all new seals, O-rings, head gaskets, OEM water pump, timing belt and any worn pulleys/tensioners would be replaced.

There are a couple things that would affect price such as if the heads need machine work, if you wanted all the lifters rebuilt (most likely not needed), engine paint (block, heads, valve covers, intake manifold). I would have to source an intake manifold to clean, prep, and paint for the project if you don't want to reuse yours with bare metal.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 PM

isn't there a guy with a marooned SVX at a subaru dealer, with a spun bearing, but otherwise a nice car?

Perhaps for that owner, or some sort of a package deal to put the engine in the car, and sell the whole thing.

Probably on the other side of the country, or something, though.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 03-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Registered SVX

I don't want to have to leave my garage I would be willing to I suppose, but other side of the country is a little outside of my mobile abilities. I am tied down here with a 9-5. (well, 2 30 to 11 pm actually)

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM

I don't remember where the spun-bearing car was... but if his luck is anything like mine, the distance is in the 4-digits, measured in miles.

Looks like that is the case:
Here's his thread, and he's in New York, and it appears you are in Washington state.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56625

Doesn't get much farther apart, in the continental US.

I thought it might be a good fit... a car that needs an engine, and an engine that needs a car. But someone would have to ship one or the other.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 03-07-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 AM

Registered SVX

If your talking about the pearlie that 3.3h6 decided to keep and fix, hen I am more willing to help hime out. Unfortunately there is not much I can do in his price range. But that's how life is sometimes. I'm glad he decided to fix it, though.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Balanced & Blueprinted

Last edited by Cam; 03-08-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Palm Springs of Washington
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Cam. i have 2 running cars and am not really interested in a R and R project while they both run, but as both cars are at the 200K milepost I have been looking at picking up a jdm motor while they are still available. if you do not get a bite on your generous offer to swap a motor in, would the short block be available so that i could just store it (along with the 12 rx7 engines/2 alfa romeo motors/ 3 vw aircooled motors/ and 2 sbc's that i have littering my warehouse? can anyone say hoarder? oh,m i think there are a couple prelude motors back there too.) until i need it or die and leave the clean up to my heirs?
I'd rather have it than see it head off to the crusher...
off topic, i'm only on page 2 or 3 of your rebuild thread but am enjoying it a lot.