How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX
no start after installing ecutune stage 2 help please!

So bout a hour ago i wrapped up putting in ecutune stage 2 injectors and z32 maf. and now it wont start. fuel pump is reconnected. all the wires from injectors were attached to the new injectors/connectors in the order they were attached to the stock injectors. maf is wired up exactly right that i know for sure. car will crank and crank and crank and never catch. so my primary suspect is the injectors but....i dont know what to look for where to start im pretty sure theyre all wired up correctly.... i just dont know where to go from here. any insight? would be much apreciated. im leaving for the beach tomorrow(hopefully, if we can get the car to run). i just had to have the stage 2 before i went down. sigh.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: no start after installing ecutune stage 2 help please!

You removed the little resistor thingy inside the ECU right?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Recheck your stage 2 ECU chip installation and make sure the board is seated in there fully.
If nothing there, next step is to find out if it is gas or spark.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
Recheck your stage 2 ECU chip installation and make sure the board is seated in there fully.
If nothing there, next step is to find out if it is gas or spark.
+1 on that. When I put in my stage 1 chip it was not seated all the way and it did the same thing, a strong crank but would never catch.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007