How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-02-2002, 05:48 PM

Warning - Opinions to follow

John,

I may or may not have the answer (not enough time has gone by to verify). I Novus polished my lenses in Jan 02. They have not shown any yellowing since then. The sun is pretty intense in East-central Florida and the car is parked in the sun, about 100 feet from the ocean, Mon-Fri while I work.

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. The product is not a hard coating. It is what Armor-All should have been. I got turned on to it by several hard-core auto detailing types. No silicon, and bottle claims 3-5 weeks protection from a spray-on, wipe-on product. I put it on after I wash my car (usually every 2 or 3 weeks).

I would also give it an endorsement for protecting and brightening tire sidewalls (better than Meguiar's Endurance - which I used to use), protecting dashes and interior/exterior trim, and even good for leather seats (UV protection - not conditioning, which might best be done with Leatherique).

No I don't work for them, nor even get a price break for the above commercial. I just believe in it after seeing it work. I buy it at West Marine stores and it's about 5 times the Armor-All price. I am NOT an "it costs more so it's gotta be better" type guy. For this product I think it's a "you get what you pay for" scene. No car places seem to carry it (around here) but aircraft and marine stores usually seem to have it in stock - should you choose to try.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:28 AM
jwherm

I'm not understanding this aerospace thing. You use it as a polish or a wax for the outside of your car? I usually use about two coats of polish during the whole process. Do you do this with the aerospace stuff? I love making my car look nice so this sounds interesting.