Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
92 SVX for sale in Seattle area

I thought I'd post this here first since I don't have enough information on the car to fill out the "official" form and post in the FS forum. Plus, the seller may be interested in bringing the car to the banquet on April 12th if there is some interest so potential buyers can look at it.

The car is in Seattle, but right now the owner is in Austrailia for some time. He contacted me because the previous owner had my address from the club. So we are working this out over long distance until he gets back a couple days before the banquet.

It's a 92 with 150,000 miles on it. Needs engine work. I need to get more details but he said it smokes on cold start up, and stops smoking once it's warmed up. He would like to sell it as a "mechanics special" as he doesn't have much time with all his travelling to fix it himself. If no one snaps it up this way, he'll probably work to repair it and sell it to the public for a higher price.

He descibes it as having "gray sides and hood with a black top, trunk, and bottom". I'm waiting to hear back after I inquired more into this because to me it sounds like it may be a standard Liquid Silver with the bottom cladding painted the same black as the roof. Either way, when he bought it from the original owner he thought it looked "different" and asked, but the owner INSISTED it came from the factory that way. Haven't heard of that in my travels, even the JDM with bottom cladding painted was a different tone then the top.

The car was bought new by a doctor on Mercer Island. The doctor did give/sell it to his daughter some years back, and then the current owner bought it from her in 2004. I think when he bought it he did talk to her father though, where he got the information on the paint, etc.

I have more inquiries in as far as the price he's thinking, etc.

In the meantime I told him I'd see if there was local interest. Feel free to throw out your own prices as well to help give him an idea. As I said, if there is some interest he will try to attend the banquet (2 days after spending months in Austrailia) and so it can be thoroughly checked out/test drove then.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Graphic Artist

Get that doode to the banquet!

I've got more than enough parts to bring it back to life. Any idea what he might be asking?

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
I'm waiting to hear back, there's a pretty serious time difference between us currently.

I need to ask him for some pictures too, not sure if he'll access to any though.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Turbone Send a message via AIM to Turbone Send a message via Yahoo to Turbone Send a message via Skype™ to Turbone
Registered SVX
Ask him who's driving it now, cause I swear I saw that car about a month ago in my town. Some younger gal was driving and there were 3 other young kids in the car. Its unmistakeable too, its almost like a 2 tone edition.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
I'll bring that up if I hear from him again. I've never seen one around so you'd think it would have to be the same car!

Still haven't heard back on my last batch of questions though. Price and a few other things.

Here's what he's said so far:

"Troy,
I have your address form correspondence you had will the seller of my SVX which I purchased in 2004.

If you are still involved with the SVX club, I would like to let them know that my '92 SVX is for sale. It is in great shape except for the engine. The front seals leak a lot of oil and it smokes very very badly when started cold, stops smoking when wormed up. It idles a little rough but other than that runs and drives great. The transmission was rebuilt about 1 year ago.

I love this car but I travel too much to keep it up so I have decided to sell it. If you know of anyone that is interested in it as is, please have them contact me. Also, I would consider having the engine fixed, so if you have any suggestions on that, please let me know. I normally do all my own work but I just do not have the time now. I was thinking a enthusiast might want the car as is to fix themselves. It is too nice a car to scrap.

I won't be back in Seattle till 10-Apr-08 but I can be contacted by this email address. Currently I am in Australia."

"Troy,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I was thinking about making the meet in Lynwood on April 12th but right now I don't know what is planned when we get home. I travel a lot so internal clock is not a problem - just might not be real sharp. I am considering bringing the car - need to do some checking before I do.
The SVX is gray on the sides and hood with black on the bottom and top. When I bought it, there were comments that it was an unusual color combination but the owner insisted it was factory. The original owner was a Doctor on Mercer Island who gave/sold it to his daughter. I bought it from the daughter on E-Bay. It has about 150,000 miles on it. The body is quite straight. There is a small dent in the hood from closing it on jumper cables and some paint scrapes on the bumper. The interior is good with no rips in the leather. Other than the engine problems that I mentioned, it is mechanically sound.
Other than a phone with a windshield antenna, it is entirely stock.

Thanks,
Dave Prochazka"

If someone would like to correspond with him directly at this point sounds like that would be okay. I don't want to post his email address here, I've gotten enough spam myself from doing that. Just let me know. Patrick, you have PM.