How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-19-2005, 06:27 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Teh SVX will be FastAr

So, I just got my job at Coca Cola, and the cash flow will be ginormous. So, if my plans go the direction I want them to, I will have the fastest SVX anywhere. Plans are as follows

1. Really, really BIG turbo. Probably a Garrett G45 (if it fits)
2. Lower compression pistons that will lower overall compression to 7:1 Will also replace head gaskets with custom triple layer gaskets.
3. Larger injectors and (hoping I can get one) a fuel pump from a Nissan Skyline 800+ hp kit. If not, I know of people that have used modded fuel pumps from F-16 fighter jets. Will also replace with a high flow fuel rail.
4. A stage 3 intercooler from an SRT 4. Should fit perfectly behind the stock bumper. If not, Stevebsy will be getting flow from me for a custom bumper so I can use a larger intercooler.
5. Polish, extrude, and hone the block as well as a blueprint.
6. No that I will use much, but a 75 Shot Zex Wet kit to help spool the turbo.
7. Nice shiny aluminum radiator.
8. A full race spec built 5 speed tranny with 6 puck clutch, and uber light flywheel, and a short throw shifter.

I think that is aboot it. I hope to have all the pieces before Halloween so I can start my build up over the winter. I still want the car to be a daily driver running at 15 LBS of boost. Wish me luck.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Four things Keith...

I seriously doubt you'll need to lower compression to 7:1 to run high boost. An 8:1 compression ratio should be more than enough.

Don't go for the biggest turbo you can stuff under the hood if you want to keep the car as a daily driver.

A walbro fuel pump will flow more than enough fuel and the nismo injectors LAN has used on the Stage 3 SVX will be more than adequate.

Lastly, don't forget to set aside at least 4K+ for tuning...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 PM
SVXtra

I can see it now.

With the custom parts you have in mind your car will end up looking similar to this one..

Old 07-20-2005, 05:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Sounds like the ran is on. I'm not planning on stopping at the Stage III power. It is simply a stepping stone. I'm going 9lbs boost for now, but the next level is a stroker kit to lower compression and increased boost. I'm not planning to go quite that low with compression. I'm thinking around 9:1 with 15 to 20 lbs of boost.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:09 AM
On a SVX board with a Z31 name

Send a message via AIM to MaxImUmZ Send a message via Yahoo to MaxImUmZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Sounds like the ran is on. I'm not planning on stopping at the Stage III power. It is simply a stepping stone. I'm going 9lbs boost for now, but the next level is a stroker kit to lower compression and increased boost. I'm not planning to go quite that low with compression. I'm thinking around 9:1 with 15 to 20 lbs of boost.
Ok two questions, I know one is stupid, the other probably is too. What is the stock compression on our cars, and does someone make a stroker kit?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxImUmZ
Ok two questions, I know one is stupid, the other probably is too. What is the stock compression on our cars, and does someone make a stroker kit?
Cant remember the stock compression. I seem to remember it being around 10:1. Noone currently carries a stroker kit for the SVX, however Cobb Tuning is capable of making one. I contacted them about it a while back. It's a little pricy (3 to 5 grand), but it would pretty much be a one off. I imagine it would be cheaper if I got a couple other people to do a group order.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Stock compression is 10:1 - hence the need to run premium fuel in our n/a motors.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
um yeah. 7.0 to 1 CR is way too low. Don't forget that the thing that makes a turbo spool faster is compression, so in a sense it is a catch 22. Boost and compression that is. Also it won't be daily drivable with a huge turbo like that with such low compression unless whenever u fill up on gas you will be filling up your nitrous tank also. Good plans and sounds like a solid idea but do some research on what LAN is doing and what SVXtacy has done already. You would prob want to buy LAN Stage 2 V3 kit which is meant for projects much like the one u have in mind. Just do some homework and then you can lay out a more solid schedule and parts list

Tom
Old 07-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_slayer
Wish me luck.

Keith
but it'll never be fastAr than a SRT4
Old 07-22-2005, 12:44 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Like I said, these are the plans. I'm not for sure yet as to what I will be able to get a hold of. Every thing that I had listed are available to me right now for cheap(i got one hell of a hook up on all those parts). The final decision is still a few months out on what parts I will use. Things will most likely change. On the plus side, I was able to do some exhaust work and now the SVX sounds like the SVreX that we have all come to know and love. For those of you who have heard the audio clips, you know what I'm talking about.

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER