How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-16-2005, 09:16 AM
That's gona leave a mark.

Never so happy to find a bad U-Joint.

So the 96’ started making a thumping sound on initial acceleration a couple weeks ago. Sounded like it was coming from the rear of the car. Popped in the fuse to go FWD and the sound stopped. Guessing it was the Propshaft I spent Saturday night in my garage pulling the one out of my 95’ to swap out. What a PITA! Lucky for me we have an Auto Craft shop on the base with a lift. Sunday morning I threw my tools and propshaft in the 96’, stopped by the auto part store for fluids and headed on post. I figured since I was going to have the car in the air, might just as well change out oil, dif fluid and “pan” change of trans fluid while it was cooling down.

Once I got the car in the air, I couldn’t find anything wrong with the prophsaft- I started to really get concerned it was something in the Trany or the rear diff. When I finally got the thing out and there is was, the u-joint closest to the trans was bad. Yah Baby- I don’t have a bad Trany!!

The down side of the event was when I went to put the fuse in the 95' before I pulled the shaft out of it- the fuse was already in! Mother @#$#@$. . . . No light on in the dash- sure enough it had been removed. The Rat B@#$#rd who sold it sure saw me coming. I pulled the fuse out and went for a spin around the block. I don’t have current tags for it so I couldn’t go far. It felt and sounded ok, I could feel the RWD re-engage as I took off. Not sure why he pulled the fuse and the dash light. I have driven this car about 5k since I got it, I sure I hope I didn’t do any more damage to it than whatever was going on in the first place.

the Chick Magnet:
91 Justy GL EFI 4x4 154k (new motor @120k)

90 Yamaha V-Max
82 Yamaha XJ650LJ Turbo
My Diver Propulsion vehicle:
88 Jeep Cherokee 160k
"U-sta-have"
88 XT6 AWD Pearl,
86 XT Lt Blue,
85 XT AWD/4x4 Turbo Space Blue