Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-22-2004, 09:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Guard-TL-
I got my at an auction.........the dealer dude started it off at 6,000.......2 min later I got it for 1,400.......could of been even less. The only real repairs have been the 60/120 service, and the little things I fixed my self.

-1992 Pearl White Subaru SVX
-1995 Briliant Black Mazda Precidia (sold :'( )
-1996 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 pickup
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...-TL-/20502.jpg

-Taras
Old 09-22-2004, 12:13 PM
The Croupier

I allso found mine at Auction. It was not supposed to go on the block untill the following week . I test drove it & made an off block bid of $ 4000 . The seller wanted $ 7000 . After 5 attempts to bump me I was ready to walk when finally they decided that they would let me have the 92 at my price ( was still $ 4,800 after auction fees buyers fees & Wa tax- lic- etc But with only 51,000 miles I felt Verry Verry good about it.
Of course I have replaced all the brakes ( pads -rotors -lines) Got her a new set of Toyo's- a real nice sound system- Flushed all fluids even the Difs . So I am into her a bit more now ( & with mostly short aggresive drives she gets about 18 MPG ) And I still feel I got a GREAT deal.
I ran a used car lot for 6 years so I have had a shoot load of cars. & I say all the time this is my favorite car EVER
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 09-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Lost_Thought

the window price was 4900 i paid 3800with tax and such, and i could not be much happier with what i got for the price!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:50 PM
^ has Subaru issues

Send a message via AIM to Kurt_W
Saw my '92 on Ebay at a local car lot (while I was in Houston.) Since it was close and had low mileage (63k) I decided to go take a look. Window price was $6500 bucks. It was also the best looking car on the lot...apparently it had been traded in at an Infiniti dealer and that dealer tried to sell it and it skipped around a couple dealers in Houston finally working its way down to the little dive that had it and stuck it on Ebay.

Anyway, I took it for a drive, everything felt alright but the CEL came on during the drive. I checked the code then sat and waited until the Ebay auction ended later that week. At that point I offered $4900 (reserve had been $5200) because of the CEL. They took it. I bought the car, drove it for the rest of the summer then back to Ohio...then sank about 1500-2000 into it (all rubber gaskets in the engine, misc broken pieces, new tires, etc) and now its a garage queen...I probably didn't drive it more then 500 miles last year.

Got my '95 locally via private sale. The guy had bought it from a friend that needed money while it was having troubles (tranny was going out.) The guy was going to fix it but after 2 years of it sitting around changed his mind. He wanted $1500, I offered $1000, we settled on $1200. Doesn't seem like a bad buy right now, but I'll let you know once the windshield and tranny have been replaced and I try to drive it all winter.
'91 Miata - a lot-o-miles
'88 CRX Si/B16 not-so-SiR
'73 Datsun 240Z
Old 09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
CAD$13,500 in 2001. No haggle. It did have the tranny replaced and fresh rotors installed though. They also threw in a year of 3rd party insurance.