How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
MarXVS

Power Steering sigh of relief

I'm going to start with: Happy Happy Joy Joy.
I just drove MarXVS into the driveway first time in 3 months and I'm elated. A recap: It's been about 3 months since I posted (Nov) with the tale of my rack n pinion needing to be replaced. Then 2 weeks later replaced again. Xmas came and I promised to stay off the cpu for a while, (family's ulterior motive; work on me replacing the SVX and they didn't want any interference from you guys) but in the meantime the garage claimed the power steering pump was also needing replacement. When a new one still didn't fix the car (really hard steering) the mechanic claimed it was now the EVO chip. That's when I knew for sure the mechanic was blowing smoke. In the meantime my family was using the cpu downtime to convince me the SVX was getting way too expensive to keep. They kept working me down and I agreed that if the car wasn't fixed by the end of January it would have to go, (snif snif) and it was beginning to look like a fete a compli what with today being the 27th. Garage called an hour ago, had fixed the problem, and would pick me at home to retrieve my car. Imagine my surprise when not only was it finally good as new but they only charged me the original one time price of a rack n pinion. No charge for pump or any of the other fiddly bits.

Bottom line, I'm on cloud nine because I'm pretty sure I get to keep the car, (phew) and also get back on line in 4 days (nyuk nyuk).

Of course the snow has played no small part. Family says "that rental car is crap in the snow, remember how good the SVX was?" and the snow is falling again. I can hardly wait till they get home and see the car in the driveway. Won't they be surprised. Gotta go I hear someone at the door.

Mark
Old 01-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Ah, now that you're back, we can thwart the family's ploy to part you with this hypnotic car.

Just call us the "Stepford SVXers"
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI