Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 06:32 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Well dude, I'm pretty sure that there would be no problem with that... I live in Beaufort, SC (320 miles east) and I drive out to Atlanta atleast once a month to hang out with Jason and Harry... Just let us all know when ya wanna hang out and we'll try to get together...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-26-2003, 04:58 AM
5 speeds rock! :D

Looks like we're neighbors, Subaru_Newbie! I'd like to get together, but the holidays may not be the best time. GreenMarine- keep me posted next time you are planning Atlanta. Jason and I have an upcoming project together in January. Perhaps we could combine things.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:34 AM
Subaru_Newbie

hey hunter whats your svx like? i got 95 L awd
Old 11-26-2003, 08:41 PM

Actually, I've got 2. Both Polo Green- look like twins. I'm working with a group of homeschool students to build an autocross racer out of a '92 LSi AWD. Bought it cheap enough to compete in the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge. Had tranny troubles, of course, which we've taken care of. She's running on Nitrous and awaiting a suspension upgrade for the race. She's running pretty good now, but we're about to ditch all the luxury features. The second one, a 1995 L AWD I bought as a parts car for the '92, but its in too good shape to cut up for parts. My son and I take turns driving her, despite a slipping transmission. I've got a 2001 WRX 5-speed waiting to go in when the auto gives up. I think after the race in April I'll probably rob all the good stuff off the '92 and combine them into 1 awesome car. Until then, we're just having fun!
Old 11-27-2003, 12:43 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

sounds pretty cool... Looks like the 1995 L AWD model's were pretty common then...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-27-2003, 07:05 PM
arondale

I've got 2 svx's as well and live in the atlanta area. my 92 lsl needs to be resealed. i just bought a 97, but my liscense was just suspended. it will be a week or so before I get everything cleared so I can drive again.

until then, I'm stuck riding marta. :|

arondale
Old 11-27-2003, 07:44 PM

MARTA's a pretty good system- but it aint gonna beat an SVX!- My sympathies.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

hey guys, sorry for the delay, i've been on and off the boards so i haven't seen many threads. email me if you're ever in atlanta. we can grab a bite and beer or something. use the email address messaging option under my profile. i have 2 svx's as well . one is only parts though . there's another svx'er down in tifton, ga. i forgot his name, it's billy but i forgot his handle. i believe he frequents the subaru dealership down there because i talked to some people that work for that dealership in regards to a svx for sale down there for approx. $4k.