Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-10-2001, 08:29 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Angry SVX TURBO on Ebay!

For some reason I get upset when ignorant people try to auction their cars off on Ebay. Check out the 1992 L model on Ebay (that's the first mistake, no L model that year) and it's the "rare" turbo edition. UGH!!!!!! This stuff makes me sick.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2001, 08:31 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
LINK

Ooops...here's the link to the Turbo model:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...206971&r=0&t=0
Old 07-10-2001, 09:04 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Talking

Maybe you should email the guy and ask him to send a picture of the turbo installed under the hood... either good for a laugh or good for a picture to put up here... either way you win
Old 07-10-2001, 09:13 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Angry Ebay Turbo

You beat me to it! I was just over there at Ebay and came over here to do what you did!

I agree, there does seem to be a disturbing trend of ignorant SVX owners selling their cars on Ebay. I remember a few months ago there were two different cars up simultaneously with one or both wheels on backwards on each side. And I've seen "turbos" before and lots of V6's. (ok, we could probably let that one slide... maybe) I forget what else, but there's been some funny ones.

Did you catch the write up on this particular one? Supposedly he is a 65 year enthusiast (I am assuming he means he's 65 years old since the SVX is only 10). An enthusiast that has a stock 92 L "rare turbo model". LOL And he's including a bunch of literature on the development of the SVX. Did he read it?
Old 07-10-2001, 10:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: SVX TURBO on Ebay!

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
For some reason I get upset when ignorant people try to auction their cars off on Ebay. Check out the 1992 L model on Ebay (that's the first mistake, no L model that year) and it's the "rare" turbo edition. UGH!!!!!! This stuff makes me sick.

Jeff
I agree. I sent an email to the seller suggesting that he make an amendment to the item's description to protect himself. I also noted that the VIN he has listed describes a 1992 LS-L touring package SVX, not a base-model L (which of course wasn't offered that year anyway).

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-10-2001, 11:37 AM
black-svx

Seeing the reference to this "Rare turbo, all wheel drive model. " svx makes me ask the moderator of our own site here. . is it OK to put ebay links on the site? I only ask in case I see something in the future, and because the last forum I was at, for my last car, would erase such messages because of unfair competition. Personally if something is for sale there I would like the heads up to know about it, but that is just me,

-raptor
Old 07-10-2001, 12:04 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by black-svx
Seeing the reference to this "Rare turbo, all wheel drive model. " svx makes me ask the moderator of our own site here. . is it OK to put ebay links on the site? I only ask in case I see something in the future, and because the last forum I was at, for my last car, would erase such messages because of unfair competition. Personally if something is for sale there I would like the heads up to know about it, but that is just me,

-raptor
Raptor,
I have no problem with posting e-bay links here. Especially if they're SVX. Unfair competition? For whom? E-bay is a feeding frenzy. Plus, I think all things SVX should be brought to the attention of the SVX community, and give them first shot, lest some precious piece of SVXdom fall into the wrong hands. Besides, a link is much more prudent than hopping into a room and saying "hey I saw a Y . . . Ye . . . Yel . . . (I can't say it) a certain color SVX on e-bay and making everyone shuffle to click on their "favorites button" and navigate. Have at it. If anyone thinks I'm in error, please let me know (except eddy )
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-10-2001, 03:52 PM
Lowered SVX

rare turbo indeed....

what is really sad is that this guy is a SVX owner. what a dumba$$. the other stuff is forgiveable but the turbo is just a scam ploy.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-10-2001, 04:08 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
does that mean that all SVXes are turboed? Lately, I have been looking around at dealerships for SVX and see how much BS they can ship out and damn, you will be surprised. When their BS is done, I told them I own an SVX and I am looking for AWD version and their looks just drops like a fool getting caught. You all should try that. Park your SVX about a block away and walk to the dealer.

Lwin
I think I am having a dealer bashing week.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-10-2001, 06:48 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Ok I just had too....I sent him an email....

Sorry, I am selling the car for the owner and I mistyped the information. Car is LS-L non-turbo.

>From: ryan@ryanmacdonald.com
>To: carpointusa@hotmail.com
>Subject: Question for seller -- Item #593206971
>Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:45:53 PDT
>
>Can you please send me a picture of the turbo? This is quite interesting.
>
>Thanks

I was curious what he was going to say.

Ryan
Old 07-10-2001, 09:25 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
<grin> He's changed the ad... the "Rare" line has been changed to read "Rare all wheel drive model." Hmm... still inaccurate (there are more AWD SVX's than FWD's) but closer.

He's also added "Car is not a turbocharged car as originallly stated in ad, error in original submission."

ROFL!!! The power of community!!!
Old 07-10-2001, 10:44 PM
British Car Junky

The guy that is selling the car wrote me tonight and said that he made a mistake and that he was misinformed. He is selling it for someone else. He seemed very nice, but together, as a community, we have changed this wrong to a right! Still, he has "Rare all wheel drive model" but we'll let that slide. The FWD's are more rare.

Great work everyone

Jeff
Old 07-11-2001, 08:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Ad edited

I also received a very nice response from the seller. I notice he has changed his ad.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-11-2001, 08:51 AM
Lowered SVX

we unite......

and we make the world a safer place for a potential svx buyer......this is all so emotional......damn were good!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-11-2001, 08:57 AM
picklesbitch

non turbo svx

While you gents were emailing the seller of this nonturbo SVX, did any of you let him know of this club or the Yahoo one so he could set the new owner up with a "membership"?
Mike