Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-08-2001, 08:22 PM
sith

Re: Re: thanks for the correction randy....

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, I know how you feel. Try 24 @#*$*# in' DAYS! You guys will have to bear with ME next week. She goes in on Monday for the fender work. They said it would take 3-4 days. I don't know if I can stand it. So, Leo, and Lwin -- if I start getting "pissy," reel me back in. Of course, if I don't have my car back in the time prescribed, you probably won't hear from me for a while -- like, maybe 20 . . . to life.

Hrm, just dropped mine off for 60K service + ART rotor install + fix fuel (i think) problem. They say it *should* take 2 days... hrm... it has only been 2 hours and I am in withdrawal. Perhaps this is just no-svx week...
Old 07-08-2001, 08:40 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Thats the one!

Quote:
Originally posted by crislev
Hey, that is the car I've been looking at...think the wife and I are driving over to Indy this weekend to buy it...it does sound like a good deal!
Sounds good. Tell the guy about the guy who called from Chicago. He did mentioned about another person who is interested in the car. Sounds good. Check the car though. The pic of the car looks fine.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-08-2001, 08:46 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Re: Re: thanks for the correction randy....

Quote:
Originally posted by sith

Hrm, just dropped mine off for 60K service + ART rotor install + fix fuel (i think) problem. They say it *should* take 2 days... hrm... it has only been 2 hours and I am in withdrawal. Perhaps this is just no-svx week...

I feel for you. I know what you mean. Trust me, I was out of my SVX for about 2 weeks and I feel like crap and I got pushed to the edge. Hope you get your svx back ASAP and feels better.
lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-16-2001, 05:01 PM
crislev

Unhappy Update on the SVX of my shattered Dreams

Well, just wanted to update you all on the SVX that I went to look at in Indianapolis. We got it checked out at a garage and it had a few things wrong with it. Some of the problems were; Alternator was just about gone, oil was leaking from the front of the engine block, and the ac and timing belts needed replaced. All in all about $800.00 in repairs...So, unfortunately, I don't think we are going through with the purchase. It would have been fun, but my wife and I are at a point in our lives where we can't afford to put a great deal of money in repairs to a car to keep it running. Thanks for all the input you all gave me, it really helped me out!
Old 07-16-2001, 05:13 PM
Lowered SVX

i am not going to enter the awd vs. fwd

debate because it is pointless. i have never driven an awd svx so i have no basis for comparison. i am sure most of you awd owners have never driven a fwd svx so honestly speaking you have no basis for comparison. i will say this, my fwd svx is the most exhilarating car i have ever driven. randy has an awd and he drove my fwd, randy could you honestly detect a significant difference in traction, handling, acceleration? i would be interested in hearing your responses.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-16-2001, 05:18 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Update on the SVX of my shattered Dreams

Quote:
Originally posted by crislev
Well, just wanted to update you all on the SVX that I went to look at in Indianapolis. We got it checked out at a garage and it had a few things wrong with it. Some of the problems were; Alternator was just about gone, oil was leaking from the front of the engine block, and the ac and timing belts needed replaced. All in all about $800.00 in repairs...So, unfortunately, I don't think we are going through with the purchase. It would have been fun, but my wife and I are at a point in our lives where we can't afford to put a great deal of money in repairs to a car to keep it running. Thanks for all the input you all gave me, it really helped me out!
Crislev

The SVX is a high maintenance car. You are right to be wary if there are many obvious repairs needed. There are probably as many more not apparent.

However, you are missing out on one of the world's best drives. I suppose nothing worthwhile comes cheap. Best of luck on what you decide to buy, you have good taste in motors!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl