How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-27-2001, 09:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Site Update

I've hit the 15MB limit on my site and the option to increase the size is down due to 'system upgrade' - been the case all week!

Anyways, I have finally uploaded the Japanese sales brochure and also rearranged that awful index page....should make things a bit easier. A few more pages from the owners manual have been put in by request (folding mirrors, steering wheel controls) although I have more to upload.

Also, I found the SVX top speed test .... 235kph it topped out at. When I figure out how to get more space, these additional reviews and some more German SVX catalogues will be uploaded.

Regards

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-27-2001, 09:59 AM
I look like Gordon

What magazine was the top speed test in? I have been trying to locate it, but my back-issue magazine collection is, shall we say, "slightly" disorganized. It would be good to at least know what box to start in
Old 06-28-2001, 05:59 PM

It was in an Australian magazine called Modern Motor which ended about 5 years ago!!

Oh, to anyone who emailed me....for some reason the entire contents of my Inbox are gone - no idea where since they are not in the Deleted Box. If anyone who had emailed me can redo so I can get the addresses, that would be great.

Thanks

Jamsvx

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-28-2001, 09:59 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
It was in an Australian magazine called Modern Motor which ended about 5 years ago!!

Jamsvx
Hey, James, did the magazine end or just the series of articles? Because if there is still a magazine out there that knows more than the people that engineered and worked on the cars, our High grand exalted poobah would probably subscribe. You were aware that even in 'Merica we got us some All Wheel Steering, right?

Stir, stir, stir,stir........hheeeheeeehheeeehheeeeee!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 10:29 PM

Talking

Quote:
Stir, stir, stir,stir........hheeeheeeehheeeehheeeeee!!!
You couldn't help yourself could you!!!

It was the magazine that ended and with that, the articles too! As for the top speed, I'm sure the engineers who designed and worked on the XJ220, so named because of its professed top speed of 220 miles per hour, have gone into hiding since no-one, anywhere, has been able to top 217 mph. *fuel for the fire!*

Anyways, top speed runs are so variable: tyres, road surface, camber, degree of inclination (banked track = massive side loadings - see the McLaren F1 top speed run at Millbrook in the UK cf the top speed run on Audi's test track - the latter got a higher top speed and was a long oval with two very long straights cf Millbrook being a banked oval), ambient air temperature; wind conditions and finally, a certain phsical attribute of the driver that involves spherical objects and an oft-repeated comparison to brass!!

At the end of the day, that magazine test was the only one that I have ever seen on a top speed test independant of those done by Fuji Heavy Industries. 245kph in a 200SX was enough for me...I am happy at the national speed limit of 110kph!!!

Jamsvx