Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: The plan

Updated pics. Enjoy!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Registered SVX

Im in jax How much would you charge to do that to mine?
Seriously. That looks so damn good.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Dang nice job. That was quick. Did you end up taking it all apart or doing it with the interior still together? How did you do the door bits? How much do you think I should get if I just want to do the interior?

That desk is awesome too man. I bet that surface works great as a mousepad too.

I like that tint film idea too. I might try that whenever I get around to doing mine.

Good thread
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Im in jax How much would you charge to do that to mine?
Seriously. That looks so damn good.
Its very time consuming and you'd have to get here early if you wanted to make it back home at a decent hr. Last time I went to Jax to visit Mase Engineering in my STi it was a 4 1/2hr drive.

Price... I am a true car guy, what you got in trade? LOL No seriously I need a few bits. I'll PM you my number and we can chat. I am not here to make $$ off of anyone. We ALL should take care of each other. That is how I was brought up in the car world.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Dang nice job. That was quick. Did you end up taking it all apart or doing it with the interior still together? How did you do the door bits? How much do you think I should get if I just want to do the interior?

That desk is awesome too man. I bet that surface works great as a mousepad too.

I like that tint film idea too. I might try that whenever I get around to doing mine.

Good thread
The interior comes apart much easier than I thought. I could probably cut the amount of time it took me in half if I did another one. I took off every single part to wrap it except for the dam cig lighter trim plate. I couldnt figure out how to get it out but It was really late at that point and I was pretty tired.
The doors was the easiest part. The trim comes off once you remove the door panel. The absolute hardest part was the gauge cluster. There are tons of compound curves but my 2nd attempt came out REALLY GOOD! Next hardest was the belt cover in the engine bay. I am getting the hang of it now.

You waste a lot of material so I would guess the 48x48 for $112
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

I have the 96x48 so I have tons of things to wrap!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
Its very time consuming and you'd have to get here early if you wanted to make it back home at a decent hr. Last time I went to Jax to visit Mase Engineering in my STi it was a 4 1/2hr drive.

Price... I am a true car guy, what you got in trade? LOL No seriously I need a few bits. I'll PM you my number and we can chat. I am not here to make $$ off of anyone. We ALL should take care of each other. That is how I was brought up in the car world.
Im going to take you up on this, though I am unsure of the date at this time.
I might be able to end of jan or else in feb some time.
Far as subaru parts go I dont have anything, I moved here in aug from North Dakota I got rid of everything I absolutely couldnt live without. I do have a few parts for a 99-05 Grand am though. Brand new heater core never been used ABS Pump, and a couple of abs computers. Possibly other misc parts.
As far as your extra wrap I would like you to save enough for all that you did on yours, I would buy it from you. I can also trade with labor, I am pretty good with most things, I have done everything from changing spark plugs to rebuilding chevy 350's. Most recently I replaced the head gaskets on my 2000 Grand AM GT, 3400 v6 engine. But my weak point is that level of detail work and using anything even like that wrap. I even ended up changing out my solenoid C and transfer clutches, in my driveway, I originally intended to take the car to the shop as I didnt have good place to work on it nor all the tools I used to have, but one of the warm 70 degree days we had in dec decided me to get it done.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Just finished.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Im going to take you up on this, though I am unsure of the date at this time.
I might be able to end of jan or else in feb some time.
Far as subaru parts go I dont have anything, I moved here in aug from North Dakota I got rid of everything I absolutely couldnt live without. I do have a few parts for a 99-05 Grand am though. Brand new heater core never been used ABS Pump, and a couple of abs computers. Possibly other misc parts.
As far as your extra wrap I would like you to save enough for all that you did on yours, I would buy it from you. I can also trade with labor, I am pretty good with most things, I have done everything from changing spark plugs to rebuilding chevy 350's. Most recently I replaced the head gaskets on my 2000 Grand AM GT, 3400 v6 engine. But my weak point is that level of detail work and using anything even like that wrap. I even ended up changing out my solenoid C and transfer clutches, in my driveway, I originally intended to take the car to the shop as I didnt have good place to work on it nor all the tools I used to have, but one of the warm 70 degree days we had in dec decided me to get it done.
I don't have enough left for another interior. The desk top used up a lot of material. So more would need to be purchased. Ask for price cover the cost of the Magnaflow cat (p/n posted by SVXfiles on pg1) and you got yourself a deal. Summit Racing has it for $105 or something really close to that. Sound good?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I don't have enough left for another interior. The desk top used up a lot of material. So more would need to be purchased. Ask for price cover the cost of the Magnaflow cat (p/n posted by SVXfiles on pg1) and you got yourself a deal. Summit Racing has it for $105 or something really close to that. Sound good?
Ya sounds very good, How long will it take to get? As I wont have enough extra funds till end of jan early feb.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

It took 3 days for my film to arrive.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:23 PM

Registered SVX

Bonestock, are you interested in the drop springs? Someone else inquired.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

It never ends I tell ya. I got some bits ordered for the car.

Flowmaster 2.5" pipe kit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLO-15936/

2 Magnaflow mufflers
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-11216/

Still trying to decide on the tips... I figure out eventually.

Plan is to mock it up and tack together. Then take it to be fitted professionally. Since I cant weld.....yet!

07 STi BBS wheels found locally.

Next is OEM strut mounts, and new struts followed by an alignment.

Then maybe I'll fix the antenna, trunk struts and leaky cam seals.... *sigh*
Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
07 STi BBS wheels found locally.
Yea man. Best wheels for the SVX IMHO. How much did you get them for, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

$700 with nearly new Bridgestone tires.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 PM

Registered SVX

Cool, that's exactly what I got mine for. Had to replace one after the accident, which I lucked out and found on ebay for $100. Which color did you get?