Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2007, 05:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Steve made one that kind of mimic's the k-staff bumper available in japan. Steve's bumper sorta resembles it but the k-staff is a bit more aggresive. The cloud design is not for sale, as far as i know. I remember there being a thread a while back about the cloud bumpers and the thread came to that conclusion.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Dayle from motorsports has em.
whats there website?
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
planetsvx.com
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I have the Euro front with a N1 type front spoiler. It seems to work where before i could corner at 100+ on the highway if I wanted wet pants (not really but close to wet) now I can corner easily and not worry about it. The idea of the front spoiler is to keep the air from going under the car unce it hits the bumper (I have the euro so it goes to the raiator or my air tubes) Works great so far.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
I have the Euro front with a N1 type front spoiler. It seems to work where before i could corner at 100+ on the highway if I wanted wet pants (not really but close to wet) now I can corner easily and not worry about it. The idea of the front spoiler is to keep the air from going under the car unce it hits the bumper (I have the euro so it goes to the raiator or my air tubes) Works great so far.

Got any pics of it?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
This:

I adore the front and the sides, but... I am still not digging the rear. The nice sides do not flow with the rear. Well I should admit that the SVX's rear end is challenging somehow...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:05 AM
SVXtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
I adore the front and the sides, but... I am still not digging the rear. The nice sides do not flow with the rear. Well I should admit that the SVX's rear end is challenging somehow...

I really like this look, it gives it a euro-supercar feel
Old 12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Let me see if i can find a pic, the cam I have been using is lost in the void I call my home.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
I agree on these points, but it seems easy enough to simply mold this rear bumper downward and out a bit near the rear wheel to match the side.

Maybe it could use a rear lip spoiler.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
can we get someone to make the cloud front bumper??? I was in love with the kstaff before but I really like that cloud one!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
like I said...... I would pay well for a cloud front and rear bumpers...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
like I said...... I would pay well for a cloud front and rear bumpers...
Don't forget the side skirts!

I know they are actually making the skirts and I think Dayle can even get them over here, but it would be cool if those could be made over here as well (to save some $$$) and the option of all 4 pieces sold as a package.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 PM
OOC for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Don't forget the side skirts!

I know they are actually making the skirts and I think Dayle can even get them over here, but it would be cool if those could be made over here as well (to save some $$$) and the option of all 4 pieces sold as a package.

Stevesby was making them but hasnt updated in a while.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94SubieSVX View Post
Stevesby was making them but hasnt updated in a while.
A looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooong while.

I remember seeing his finished prototype done and mounted to his car 4 or 5 years ago. Then he moved and didn't get to start production. Guess the time still isn't right?

hint hint Come on Steve!

I think Steve did his with 2 pieces per side, and they joined in the middle. I forget if this was to make shipping cheaper or had to do with the mounting or something else. Seems the Japanese ones are 1 piece. One piece would look cleaner, but I wonder if there was an issue that Steve was trying to avoid by making it 2 pieces (which the stock pieces in that area are I believe).

From the work Steve did on the Euro bumper and the side skirts, I have no doubt he could get the Cloud City front and rear done right as well. But obviously he lacks the time these days...

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 12-20-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:45 PM
OOC for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
A looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooong while.

I remember seeing his finished prototype done and mounted to his car 4 or 5 years ago. Then he moved and didn't get to start production. Guess the time still isn't right?

hint hint Come on Steve!

I think Steve did his with 2 pieces per side, and they joined in the middle. I forget if this was to make shipping cheaper or had to do with the mounting or something else. Seems the Japanese ones are 1 piece. One piece would look cleaner, but I wonder if there was an issue that Steve was trying to avoid by making it 2 pieces (which the stock pieces in that area are I believe).

From the work Steve did on the Euro bumper and the side skirts, I have no doubt he could get the Cloud City front and rear done right as well. But obviously he lacks the time these days...

I read through that whole thread and he made them 2 piece to make up for the body twisting. Like when you take a turn real hard the sotck side skirts are 2 piece so they won't crack. I can't really explain it right lol, but I hope you get what I mean.

I reallllllly want him to finish them because $250+shipping is so much better than $1200+shipping