Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Exclamation You know what sucks....

You know what sucks..........

getting beat by a 4 cylinder car!

There were 2 different races......

1.) My SVX vs. a 96 Prelude (stick) with the H-22 motor (I think 200 hp)
-------------He also had a V-tech controller
But n-e-wayz....he beat me, off the line, by half a car length at finish. I was disappointed

2.) My SVX vs. 2002 RSX type S

---was a straight up butt kicking.....I even got a whole car lengths start over him, from a stop. By the time he was in 2nd gear I was looking at the back of the RSX watching him get farther and farther away.......yes the pedal was still to the floor! I kinda figured the RSX Type S would beat me, but not that bad!

I've got tons more stories.......tell me if you'd like to hear them.....I've raced all different kinds of cars......bigger and smaller class, but mostly bigger....so not alot of wins. So if you ever wondered what your SVX will do up againt a certain car just ask me....I've probably already experienced it and I can let you in on some info. (Note: these are street stories so let's not get too technical with it)

Also if you got a good story, please share... I would love to add them to my personal "Can/Can't Win" list of challenged cars.

Thank-you for your time.
Joe
Old 04-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Doogie

I don't even bother unless it's from a rolling start, then it is MUCH easier to whipe em out.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:41 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

2 words.....

5 speed !
....Ive never raced my Svx much on the street because I knew its limits, so usually I just take my Soarer out for street racing....Once I get my 5 spd in, Ill start picking more races with more confidense.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 04-02-2002, 11:46 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Joe, try racing at about 60 mph upwards. You will kick butt like no tomorrow. From the light, don't even think about it unless he has a heavy car and the guy does not know what he is driving.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-03-2002, 06:12 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: You know what sucks....

Quote:
Originally posted by svxjoe
You know what sucks..........

getting beat by a 4 cylinder car!

2.) My SVX vs. 2002 RSX type S
Joe
OOOOO you were asking for it!!

I raced one of these at MIR (Maryland International Raceway) last summer. The thing was fresh off the showroom floor (still had paper tags, idiot couldn't even wait long enough to break the engine in...) and it was the first one I'd seen "on the street".

Having *no* idea of the specs (heard of the car, but never bothered to look them up) and just happening to be next in line with him, I decided I was going to make this a "race" instead of a "test and tune". Well, if you raced one, I don't need to tell you what happend during the next 1320 feet.

Needless to say, the *first* thing I did when I left the track that day was go to www.acrua.com and look that puppy up.

200 hp iVTEC, and a *six* speed manual propelling 2780(?) lbs.

...you do the math...

The only other time I got my butt kicked *that* bad by an import was messing with a Single turbo conversion Supra.

NOTE: for all SVX'ers with exhaust mods, summer time's a-coming' and EVERYBODY on the street will be (is) asserting Alpha-male (or female as the case may be) status. Having an exhaust note uncharactaristic of typical modified rice out there, and having a car nobodys *still* heard of, I've been the subject of a *lot* of scrutiny. In the past month I've been challenged by everything under the sun including but not limited to:

-a modified Harley (Buell)
-2 RSX TypeS's (I learned my lesson already, thanks)
-a Z-06
-3 V-6 Accords
-a CBR 600 F4i (like I'm stupid enough to race an 11-second bike...)
-a brand-new Mini Cooper (I have no idea why)
-4 (yes F-O-U-R) DODGE VIPERS!! (exhaust envy)

I'm getting hit up by *sport bikes* and cars with engines THREE TIMES the size of mine!! This is getting ridiculous!! Whipple could you *please* get the 3300 in!?!?!
Old 04-03-2002, 08:31 AM

Re: Re: You know what sucks....

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtypeR

OOOOO you were asking for it!!

I raced one of these at MIR (Maryland International Raceway) last summer. The thing was fresh off the showroom floor (still had paper tags, idiot couldn't even wait long enough to break the engine in...) and it was the first one I'd seen "on the street".

Having *no* idea of the specs (heard of the car, but never bothered to look them up) and just happening to be next in line with him, I decided I was going to make this a "race" instead of a "test and tune". Well, if you raced one, I don't need to tell you what happend during the next 1320 feet.

Needless to say, the *first* thing I did when I left the track that day was go to www.acrua.com and look that puppy up.

200 hp iVTEC, and a *six* speed manual propelling 2780(?) lbs.

...you do the math...

The only other time I got my butt kicked *that* bad by an import was messing with a Single turbo conversion Supra.

NOTE: for all SVX'ers with exhaust mods, summer time's a-coming' and EVERYBODY on the street will be (is) asserting Alpha-male (or female as the case may be) status. Having an exhaust note uncharactaristic of typical modified rice out there, and having a car nobodys *still* heard of, I've been the subject of a *lot* of scrutiny. In the past month I've been challenged by everything under the sun including but not limited to:

-a modified Harley (Buell)
-2 RSX TypeS's (I learned my lesson already, thanks)
-a Z-06
-3 V-6 Accords
-a CBR 600 F4i (like I'm stupid enough to race an 11-second bike...)
-a brand-new Mini Cooper (I have no idea why)
-4 (yes F-O-U-R) DODGE VIPERS!! (exhaust envy)

I'm getting hit up by *sport bikes* and cars with engines THREE TIMES the size of mine!! This is getting ridiculous!! Whipple could you *please* get the 3300 in!?!?!
I seriously doubt that all those cars (viper, z06, harely. cbr) "challenged" you...more like you buggeg them for a while until they got sick of you next to them so they decided to "show-off" what they and you already know would happen. Against the serious cars mentioned it wasnt even a race (maybe in your mind it was) but lets get serious here. You never had a chance with the bigboys (not an svx on the planet that does) Those are the same cars I challange with my Soarer and its usually a "close" race, and it dynos at about 580 rwp.

Cars in the garage:
97 SVX Lsi
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

Old 04-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Green1995SVX

I agree with Lwin regarding the 60+ recommendation. What are your thoughts on that, dayle?

-Mike
Old 04-03-2002, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I seriously doubt that all those cars (viper, z06, harely. cbr) "challenged" you...more like you buggeg them for a while until they got sick of you next to them so they decided to "show-off" what they and you already know would happen. Against the serious cars mentioned it wasnt even a race (maybe in your mind it was) but lets get serious here. You never had a chance with the bigboys (not an svx on the planet that does)
Not trying to sound rude or anything but.........It never amazes me how some people feel the need to deflate the egos of others. How do YOU know if they challenged him or not??? I personally have had many o' cars that could kick the snot out of my SVX want to race when side by side at a redlight. Yes, even a Ferrari once(I declined. I'm not an idiot) .Not everyone knows of the SVX or it's performance capabilities. With the exotic look of the windows they probably figure it is as quick as it looks and hence a worthy competitor.

Quote:
Those are the same cars I challange with my Soarer and its usually a "close" race, and it dynos at about 580 rwp.
Ya know my boss would call you a "self-promoting name dropper"

B.C.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
my sentiments exactly never2phat

chris
Old 04-03-2002, 11:07 AM

whatever.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Never2phat

Ya know my boss would call you a "self-promoting name dropper"

B.C.

Whos inflating whos ego..??? or knocking it down for that matter?..All Im doing is saying what others are probably afraid to say...big deal. Ive never been "challenged" in 3 yrs in any of my SVXs by any "mentioned" fast cars and if I where...I wouldnt even bother wasting the gas to get slaughtered by a Viper, Z06 etc...Whats the point..? My point was to say why race a car thats going to hand you your ass on a plate for the simple task of looking so slow and risking either a ticket or worse..? And chances are you probably initiated the race more then they did.
Most guys in Vipers...and Vettes arent out looking for races like someone younger with their first cars are. ANd if they are....they arnnt hunting down Svx owners......not in Az anyway.

Cars in the garage:
97 SVX Lsi
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

Old 04-03-2002, 11:56 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: whatever.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

Whos inflating whos ego..??? or knocking it down for that matter?..All Im doing is saying what others are probably afraid to say...big deal. Ive never been "challenged" in 3 yrs in any of my SVXs by any "mentioned" fast cars and if I where...I wouldnt even bother wasting the gas to get slaughtered by a Viper, Z06 etc...Whats the point..? My point was to say why race a car thats going to hand you your ass on a plate for the simple task of looking so slow and risking either a ticket or worse..? And chances are you probably initiated the race more then they did.
Most guys in Vipers...and Vettes arent out looking for races like someone younger with their first cars are. ANd if they are....they arnnt hunting down Svx owners......not in Az anyway.
So what you're saying is just because *you've* never been "challenged" then the same *must* be true for the rest of us, right?

What makes you honestly believe that people here are "afraid" to say anything? As if you somehow got a hold of a larger set of cajones than the rest of the populace. Personally, you need to take a chill. Nobody else here mentioned it probably because nobody else here *thought* it.

And as for me "bugging" someone, in all instances (yes, ALL instances, my SO was with me) the *other* car was the instigator. If you actually *read* my note and my sig I specifically state the REASONS why this keeps happening to me (yes, other drivers have told me that my exhaust "makes the car sound like it means business" and "is a sweet sounding machine."). Never did I say that I bit, and I even go so far as to give several reasons WHY I DID'NT BOTHER.

Your supposed "chances" of a younger person starting it are *seriously* scewed. There are *lots* of older guys in their mid-life-crisis-mobiles tooling around wanting to show the "young'uns" that they still have what it takes.

Also, contrary to your overly high opinion of yourself, I'm *well* aware of what my "chaces" are when I have an 8 liter V10 gunning his motor in the lane next to me, maybe If you got off your high horse for any measureable length of time you'd discover that you DO NOT have sole access to all the common sense on this planet.

And as for the "younger" and "first cars" part, I'm 31 years old, have owned *plenty* of cars, have had extensive training and earned several permits for driving millitary vehicles (including HMMWV and 5 ton vehicles), I've attended *several* of the smaller racing schools (with plans for Bondurant next year) and I am licenced to drive in 3 countries. I have a long standing (and well awarded) career in a major government agency and last I checked I have much better things to do than "bug" a car I *know* can beat me, especially during "Smooth Operator" season (those from the DC/Metro area will know what I'm speaking of). In point of fact, I have *never* instigated a street race in my entire 19 years of driving (yes, I learned, and drove, when I was 12), nor do I plan to. So I suggest in the future, you get your facts straight prior to "saying something others are afraid to say".
Old 04-03-2002, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I agree with Lwin regarding the 60+ recommendation. What are your thoughts on that, dayle?

-Mike
....probably dont even want to go there....
but you asked and I will
against any of the bigboys its not worth the humilation....

Cars in the garage:
97 SVX Lsi
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

Old 04-03-2002, 12:28 PM

Re: Re: whatever.....

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtypeR

So what you're saying is just because *you've* never been "challenged" then the same *must* be true for the rest of us, right?

What makes you honestly believe that people here are "afraid" to say anything? As if you somehow got a hold of a larger set of cajones than the rest of the populace. Personally, you need to take a chill. Nobody else here mentioned it probably because nobody else here *thought* it.

And as for me "bugging" someone, in all instances (yes, ALL instances, my SO was with me) the *other* car was the instigator. If you actually *read* my note and my sig I specifically state the REASONS why this keeps happening to me (yes, other drivers have told me that my exhaust "makes the car sound like it means business" and "is a sweet sounding machine."). Never did I say that I bit, and I even go so far as to give several reasons WHY I DID'NT BOTHER.

Your supposed "chances" of a younger person starting it are *seriously* scewed. There are *lots* of older guys in their mid-life-crisis-mobiles tooling around wanting to show the "young'uns" that they still have what it takes.

Also, contrary to your overly high opinion of yourself, I'm *well* aware of what my "chaces" are when I have an 8 liter V10 gunning his motor in the lane next to me, maybe If you got off your high horse for any measureable length of time you'd discover that you DO NOT have sole access to all the common sense on this planet.

And as for the "younger" and "first cars" part, I'm 31 years old, have owned *plenty* of cars, have had extensive training and earned several permits for driving millitary vehicles (including HMMWV and 5 ton vehicles), I've attended *several* of the smaller racing schools (with plans for Bondurant next year) and I am licenced to drive in 3 countries. I have a long standing (and well awarded) career in a major government agency and last I checked I have much better things to do than "bug" a car I *know* can beat me, especially during "Smooth Operator" season (those from the DC/Metro area will know what I'm speaking of). In point of fact, I have *never* instigated a street race in my entire 19 years of driving (yes, I learned, and drove, when I was 12), nor do I plan to. So I suggest in the future, you get your facts straight prior to "saying something others are afraid to say".
thanks for your life story ....I got bored after the first paragraph.

Cars in the garage:
97 SVX Lsi
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

Old 04-03-2002, 12:46 PM
alacrity024

OOOH!!!!!! THAT'S HARSH!!
Old 04-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Red face Just a min.....

Having read that post of your "accomplishments" I would have come to the same conclusion.. If you are racing these other cars on anything other than a track, you are breaking the law.... someone with your extensive "government" connections should reccognize that!

Again this is just my opinion and like A##holes we all have ONE!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .