Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-23-2001, 03:42 PM
sith

I'm wondering if anybody has ideas for features they'd like to see added to the SVX network?

I know some people (or at least one person) had requested a mode to allow the forums to be read through a yahoo-ish interface, but initial research makes it look like thats not possible. The way the forum handles messages would make it really hard to pull everything together to display things the way yahoo does. I may look at that again after the semester is over when I have time to spend like a day on it. We'll see.

The only other feature I'm planning (for later this week most likely) is a sort of link exchange, so people can post links and have them go into what would be essentially a club-wide bookmark setup. I figure it would be good for links to both parts sites and personal sites, and if its community based, i don't have to deal with keeping it up to date

Are there other things you would like to see?
Old 04-23-2001, 03:49 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Sith,
You mean we haven't "beaten you to death" with requests yet? You're back for more? I can't think of anything else you could possibly add to the "Network," However, on the Yahoo message search, is there a way to list pages, similar to the "" search. Once you've advanced through pages, is there a way to get back without clicking the "back" button several times? Just wondering. And, I won't continue to be redundant by saying "keep up the good work," but, keep it up anyhow.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-23-2001, 03:53 PM
sith

Let me look into it - the reason its not there right now is because the search routine doesn't actually ever know how many results its found. Basically it searches till it finds 20, then stops, then for the next page finds 20 more, starting from the last one it found on the previous page. In theory, this cuts down the amount of search time by a fairly significant (though linear) amount. Realistically, I'll try it and see what happens

Update: yeah, it looks possible. I'll make it give you a list of pages sometime this week.

Last edited by sith; 04-23-2001 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2001, 04:33 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
This is not a request for a feature, but a question about an anomaly I've noticed. When I'm going through the new posts, by clicking the View new posts link, then choosing a post to read, then going back to the main page, clicking View new posts, again, etc.. If I reply to a message, the next time I go back and choose View new posts, it marks all the remaining unread posts as read, and shows me a list of only the ones I did read, plus the one I just replied to. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 04-23-2001, 06:03 PM
sith

testing to see if that happens for me
Old 04-23-2001, 06:04 PM
sith

Hmm.. it didn't seem to happen for me. I will play around a bit more.
Old 04-23-2001, 08:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
First of all, thanks Sith. But, if it slows things down too much, I guess it could do without it. That's the nice thing about the feature is its quick turnaround.

As for the anomaly . . . yep, it started happening to me a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't want to complain -- but, since somebody brought it up.
Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by Aredubjay; 04-24-2001 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2001, 08:52 PM
zsvx

Quote:
Originally posted by sith
I'm wondering if anybody has ideas for features they'd like to see added to the SVX network?
The one feature I would love to see is the mods list like the i-club has. Instead of putting all your mods in your signature which makes the page loads longer just have one area (like in the briefcase) to list all the mods for your SVX. For an example see my "homepage" link in my profile.
Old 04-23-2001, 09:15 PM
sith

Quote:
Originally posted by zsvx

The one feature I would love to see is the mods list like the i-club has. Instead of putting all your mods in your signature which makes the page loads longer just have one area (like in the briefcase) to list all the mods for your SVX. For an example see my "homepage" link in my profile.
I think that can be hacked into the profile pretty easily. I'll look into it.
Old 04-24-2001, 10:24 PM

Registered SVX
Chat List

WOW, just noticed the chat list on the "Main Forums" page. How long's that been there? You guys just keep slipping things in on me. Super!
Subaru Ambassador