Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 05:52 AM
Mr Soob

Servicing:

If expense is no object, I highly recommend getting your SVX serviced at Penrith Subaru. Book a car in advance, so you can tootle around town while yours gets spiffied up.

Make sure you tell them to let Freddie know that I (Pete with the white SVX) sent you. (I am serious).

As for oil, the standard oil grade off the top of my head is 5W40 or 10W30 or something close... But consult Subaru Penrith as they keep very up to date for me as the recommended oil grade had changed a short while ago for some reason.

Service manuals: You can get them from the US - eBay is your friend!

Tyres: The most expensive is usually the best. Always get Z rated tyres, and don't skimp on the brand names. The best I had were a set of Pirellis, but they don't make them in our size anymore. Tyres are subjective - and you need to find your wheel size (from memory yours aren't standard?), and look at all the available ones you can get for your size. Look at all of them, and if you still need advice, by all means post here and tell us what you are looking at.

With tyres, I pay as much as I can afford. Never EVER buy cheap tyres. Your life is worth paying the extra dosh.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 06-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
thanks for the details guys, is most appreciated!!!!!!!!!

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 06-27-2005, 04:04 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff
Servicing:

If expense is no object, I highly recommend getting your SVX serviced at Penrith Subaru. Book a car in advance, so you can tootle around town while yours gets spiffied up.

Make sure you tell them to let Freddie know that I (Pete with the white SVX) sent you. (I am serious).

As for oil, the standard oil grade off the top of my head is 5W40 or 10W30 or something close... But consult Subaru Penrith as they keep very up to date for me as the recommended oil grade had changed a short while ago for some reason.

Service manuals: You can get them from the US - eBay is your friend!

Tyres: The most expensive is usually the best. Always get Z rated tyres, and don't skimp on the brand names. The best I had were a set of Pirellis, but they don't make them in our size anymore. Tyres are subjective - and you need to find your wheel size (from memory yours aren't standard?), and look at all the available ones you can get for your size. Look at all of them, and if you still need advice, by all means post here and tell us what you are looking at.

With tyres, I pay as much as I can afford. Never EVER buy cheap tyres. Your life is worth paying the extra dosh.

I used to get mine serviced there...the service manager had been trained on the SVX and I would only allow him work on the car - was worth it since a) he knew exactly what he was on about and b) he actually liked the SVX's!

Of all the dealerships, they had the most used SVX's go through their lot - I think a number of the people there were closet SVXer's! Interestingly, I had been told when there about someone with a white SVX that was very passionate about them, most probably you??? Did you have the car about 2 years ago?

US manuals are ok for some, but not all aspects as there are a number of mechanical differences between the cars esp with regards the 4WD system - Harvey (oab_au) is the man to ask about that

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
Interestingly, I had been told when there about someone with a white SVX that was very passionate about them, most probably you??? Did you have the car about 2 years ago?
Busted!
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
Old 06-29-2005, 06:34 AM

How Many SVX'S are in your land
Old 06-29-2005, 06:45 AM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
about 250 or so??? i think thats what i heard
Old 06-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94svxred
How Many SVX'S are in your land
Number imported was approximately 250

Last count was 211 on the roads, but unsure of the validity of the figure.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Endangered Species

I just took some photos, of it today, its still dirty from the rain but hey.

The Liberty In the background is my old LX

As a side note it would be good if one of our admin gods would kindly turn [img] code on for us all to enjoy!!!

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads

Last edited by -JJ-; 07-01-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Mr Soob

Pearl white is pretty!

Whee!

Brothers!
Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM

wow, thats a nice white svx

i had my first problem on the weekend. the dash clock, climate,visor lights would not work
checked fuses, all fine
spent the weekend without air con
got home, had a browse on the site, found out not much, checked the ciggerette lighter, it was dead, and saw the 'cigar' fuse was blown, now its fixed!
damn sister played with the visors, and i think the wires in there can short out(according to this site)
thats my theoty anyway

also, Sunday afternoon i was running really late for work, and this little SVX held onto the road so well through the hills at a high speed, it was fun
Old 07-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Endangered Species

Firstly, Berger; handy thing to know about!!
Secondly, Mc Taff: nudge nudge cruuuuuuuuuuuise some time??

Well i finally got round to washin the car, that pearl paint comes up so birght ,

I changed the plates the other day aswel, no longer yellow, now white and black to match the car

I have also transfered my stereo....

sony explode mp3 headunit
Fusion Equaliser
2x Kicker 2channel amps
JBL 6'x9's
Stock front speakers
Response 2 channel amp
Response 12' dual magnet presission Sub

All speakers have been amped, and routed through the equaliser, sounds sweet but needs better front speakers.
Took me and a mate all afternoon in the cold but it was worth hehe, i will get some photoz up soon, i also discovered that the carpet in the car has been redone in a jetblack that has been applied over the original lighter black

I will be giving the car a good run down to melbourne on sunday, and returning wednesday, if anyone from melbourne wants to meet up on monday or tuesday, I would be more than happy too!!!!!

Keep the goodtimes comin'
Jake

Last edited by -JJ-; 07-04-2005 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:06 AM

i'll be in melb sunday morning if thats too early?
im keen to meet some people
Old 07-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Mr Soob

Talking Cruise!

Well, I am flying up to QLD in a couple of weeks, but when I get back I'm sure I we can organise something. I'll have to let the other people here know so they don't miss out. They can can very shirty, ya know.

White and black number plates look very swish on the pearl don't they?

A note on the door speakers: Be very careful with the front speakers - you need to ensure you have enough clearance to work with the window winder and the door frame. If you use giant 6.5 inch woofers in the front you will need to make up some flanges to go in the door (the OEM's are 5 inchers).

Alternatively you can go with a nice set of 5 inch splits, which helps a lot.

Also be VERY VERY careful removing the door trims. I'm getting to be an expert in getting them on and off, but there is plenty of ways you can bugger it up. Just take it slow and easy with it. Also make sure you have somewhere to put the damn thing when you get it off. Nothing worse than holding five square feet of suede and resin with nowhere to put it down.

Last edited by McTaff; 07-04-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Endangered Species

Mctaff: Thanks for the advice mate, when i can get some money together to waste on some splits i will try it out!! . Also a big cruise is always better anyways we will have to organise one when you get back!!!!!

Berger: I am actually drivin down on sunday so i will still be in NSW until later that afternoon , i am only realy free on monday and tuesday

Old 07-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
Mctaff: Thanks for the advice mate, when i can get some money together to waste on some splits i will try it out!!
Yep. If you can find a very nice sounding set of 5 inch coaxials or splits, they are just plain easier to fit. If I can, I'll try to spare some time and we can get together and I'll show you how to get the trims off and on and help you install them.

The tweeters for splits go in the dash and I haven't tried to figure out how they go in and out yet, although there WERE wires behind those covers... unfortunately when my alarm was installed they were allowed to fall down behind the dash. This makes me suspect I will need to remove the dash to run the speaker cables for them. If you still have those clipped into the covers, make sure they stay there. You can perhaps carefully pull through a leader twine using that speaker cable to run your tweeter cables.

In any case, if I can organise a spare day, and you bring your SVX up to C'town, we can pull apart both our cars on the same day in my parents' front yard (as I plan on fiddling with my trims again sometime soon) and I can try to impart my limited wisdom and help you out with the "fronts".