How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-23-2005, 11:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
take the stereo out?

ok im stumped. i looked in my manuals and im clueless and i dont wanna break anything gettin it out. i have the stero i just need to get the old one out.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
ok im stumped. i looked in my manuals and im clueless and i dont wanna break anything gettin it out. i have the stero i just need to get the old one out.
This link steps you through the whole process: http://www.geocities.com/svxdc/AudioInstall.htm

I highly recommend you pick up a couple of blank harnesses from "svxdc" on this site... if he has any left. Super high quality, It will keep you from having to cut into any of your existing wiring. They are only like 15 bucks and well worth it. I say this assuming he has any left.. I just picked up a couple myself, and he mentioned he was running low.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
... They are only like 15 bucks and well worth it. I say this assuming he has any left.. I just picked up a couple myself, and he mentioned he was running low.
Thanks for the plug! In fact, they're only $14 now. I currently have plenty in stock.

Actually, I included my standard disclaimer with the price quote: "If you wait more than 7 days to send your payment, please check back with me to confirm I still have stock available." That's mainly to keep people from getting a quote and then sending me the money out of the blue 6 months later, when the shipping has gone up (or I really did go out of stock).
Old 03-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc
Thanks for the plug! In fact, they're only $14 now. I currently have plenty in stock.

Actually, I included my standard disclaimer with the price quote: "If you wait more than 7 days to send your payment, please check back with me to confirm I still have stock available." That's mainly to keep people from getting a quote and then sending me the money out of the blue 6 months later, when the shipping has gone up (or I really did go out of stock).
Thanks for not getting mad at me for printing your link!
Your harnesses really are an impressive piece of work. I was literally surprised at the quality. Great job!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-24-2005, 02:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
those instrutions are very detailed and great. i would love to get my hands on one of those harness's for mine
Old 03-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
those instrutions are very detailed and great. i would love to get my hands on one of those harness's for mine
Thanks! See this post, For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!! on the "Wanted or For Sale" forum and e-mail your order or any questions.