SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 10:11 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
It was great to hear about the news from Lebanon. I am glad that your people are fighting from freedom form Syria. Syria itself will not and can not keep going on the way it does. I think the mastermind behind syria was Asad. But it's falling apart slightly now.

But I am happy that lebanese people have decided to speak out and fight the cause from within (rather than foreign power doing it for them).

As for Harriri's death, myself and my brother went to the same school with one of his relatives. My brother was in the same class with him. It was a loss for Lebanon.

Keep up the good work there guys.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by PhatWeasel

What is happening in Lebanon is not anarchy, it is revolution. And a beautiful one at that.

Anarchy is ugly and cold and self centered, there is no room for anyone but yourself. Anarchy doesn't seek the good of the people, it seeks the good of the individual at the expense of the people.

What we are seeing is a revolution, the people standing as one and demanding their country back from the oppressors who have taken if from them. I never though that this world would again see the day that a people in such numbers would rise against their government. I wish it would have happened in Afghanistan, I wish it would have happened in Iraq, but it didn't. It happened in Lebanon and I know that the outcome will be wonderful.
I could not have said it better myself.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
It was great to hear about the news from Lebanon. I am glad that your people are fighting from freedom form Syria. Syria itself will not and can not keep going on the way it does. I think the mastermind behind syria was Asad. But it's falling apart slightly now.

But I am happy that lebanese people have decided to speak out and fight the cause from within (rather than foreign power doing it for them).

And that, will be the strongest part of your democracy. The fact that the people want this and are willing to fight for it will ensure the success. Take a look at France and America. Both revolutions showed those in power that the people meant business and were ready to accept the consequences.

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

As for Harriri's death, myself and my brother went to the same school with one of his relatives. My brother was in the same class with him. It was a loss for Lebanon.

Keep up the good work there guys.
Thank you Seraph for the inducement... and glad you know good stuff about the area.
to keep the news going on, just yesterday and after 16 days of the blast they found a new dead body of a family man only few feet (30 feet) from the blast. he was under 5 inch of rubble !!! his family was asking the governemmt to search for him but they never replied... it was said (forensic doctors) that he way alive after the blast for around 16 hours, same as another person... but they never looked deeper to find bodies !!!
this thing raged people over here, and they are asking more and more for the Syria's withdrawal

I dunno also if anyone watched President Bush yesterday ont he news, he clearly stated at a press conference:
"Syria, get out of Lebanon immediately, you are not helping anyone either Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine or even Syria in the Peace process!!!..."
It is know over here that Syrians are thick headed, they never understand a message from the first time, even the first 1000 times... L L

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Here is a Joke about the Issue

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is Syrian.

She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Syrian
too.

Not really knowing why but wanting to be like their teacher, their
hands explode into the air like flashy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Cynthia has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

"Because I am not a Syrian." replied Cynthia "Then", asks the
teacher, "What are you?"

"I'm a proud Lebanese," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She
asks Cynthia why she is a Lebanese.

Well, my mom and dad are Lebanese, so I'm a Lebanese too."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly.

"What if your mom was an idiot, and your dad was an idiot. What
would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Cynthia, "I'd be a Syrian."

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
The Big Revolution of 2 million persons !!!

yes folks, yesterday was the big one !!! around 1.7 million in two big squares, around 300,000 on the roads (couldn't arrive) and 50,000 stayed home because of threats!!! here are some pics
http://www.annaharonline.com/
http://www.annaharonline.com/htd/OLA050315-1.HTM

this is only one place, there is another one similar to it, but i couldn't get pics of it yet...

Old 03-15-2005, 04:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Danny,

I hope and pray that Lebanon will hvave a 'peaceful revoulotion' and gain their independence. You and your countrymen & women should be aware that gaining independendence is only the first fragile step. Internal factions and friction can lead to splintering, hatred and civil war. We went through a civil war and the scars lasted nearly a century. I hope that you are smart enough not to make the same mistakes that we did.

Good Luck.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:52 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
Danny,

I hope and pray that Lebanon will hvave a 'peaceful revoulotion' and gain their independence. You and your countrymen & women should be aware that gaining independendence is only the first fragile step. Internal factions and friction can lead to splintering, hatred and civil war. We went through a civil war and the scars lasted nearly a century. I hope that you are smart enough not to make the same mistakes that we did.

Good Luck.
Thank you larry for your thoughts and prays, but now what i see is that Lebanese people became very mature that they overcame the sect fractions and combined forces to reach independance. it is true that the Shiites are still on the other side and they are trying to cause fractions by shooting on some cars, beating some opposing individuals, but the opposition never take it personally, and think that this is a very small price to pay in order to reach the objective with minimal damage possible...

We have been ruled by the Ottomans (turkey) for nearly 500 years, then came France till 1943. We took our real independance in 1943 till 1975 when Syria entered Lebanon. Now, we will be getting it back hopefully !!

Old 03-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Independance Fight

Inside the Big action... Hope we get our independance in the near future...
http://www.stavrotoons.com/IndependanceDays2005/

Old 03-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Inside the Big action... Hope we get our independance in the near future...
http://www.stavrotoons.com/IndependanceDays2005/

Danny,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep up the GOOD fight. We know that peaceful revolution brings more support from the world community than military. The images from Tiananmen Square are still seared into our memories. May your independence come swiftly and safely. "The worst ache is the present ache." May this "ache" soon pass.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
The first phase of the Syrian Withdrawal is done (army+intelligence from Lebanon except the east region of Bekaa) there is still the second phase, withdrawing from that area and getting rid of the illegal Syrian workers... Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I hope the thing ends up with dealing only with "an ache" and never with a surgery... I wish i can modify my locker to add some revolutionary and girlzzzz pics in it, anyway i will keep this thread alive..

Old 03-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Guys, i have some bad news and some good news concerning this issue:

The bad news is that we are having explosions each 4 days near 12 midnight. so far they have destroyed two shopping streets in two different explosions, and an industrial center in the most important industrial complex in Lebanon.
also the Lebanese Army have dismanteled around 29 additional bombs about to explode... so far 6 have been killed (non Lebanese, but Indian and Pakistani workers...)...

The good news is that the Americans are here, 5 destroyers and 1 aircraft carriers, and we are praying for those guys to kick the SH!T out of Syria....

I wish i can post pics, still the problem with the Lockers....

Old 03-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Way to go Danny, keep up with the updates. Your a heck of a lot better than any "inbedded" reporter.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5