Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 01-15-2004, 06:18 AM
Sue isn't really striped

web sighting

Found a local pearly with strange rims on the web:

pearly
Old 01-15-2004, 10:10 AM
ChrisR

I have 1 wheel that looks like that! I cracked one of my stock wheels, and I have one of those for a quick, temporary fix. From a Chrysler Concorder $25 bucks at a junkyard. But it's only 16x7" so it's a little narrower then stock. But I wasn't about to pay $225 for one stock wheel from a junkyard!
Old 02-02-2004, 12:55 PM
SVXWA

demn
Old 02-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Sue isn't really striped

I can see why window tinters wouldn't like our car, it's probably a serious pain in the rear to tint our unusual windows.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:37 PM
SVXWA

LOL.
It was painindaass to unscrew the speakers.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Yuck. I just read that thread through and those guys are pretty harsh on our car. I can't take the rejection!

Just kidding, to each their own, I'm sure neon owners and some others would cringe if they visited here. But really, I was surprised how many negative comments, and most of the comments weren't so much about the pain to tint it, it was that they just downright hated the looks of the car. Of course what an awful example of our car for them to see (no offense if it was somebody that lurks here, I see snow on the ground so that is probably why it was filthy, and maybe the wheels were for quick mounting special studded tires or something).

At least there were a few redeeming posts at the end.

Did anyone get that link to work that the guy posted "In the future, we may have less Subaru windows to tint"? That comment intrigued me, but then his link didn't work. What was the article about? Subaru going out of biz? Subarus breaking down rapidly? Self destructing? I'm intrigued!

And did you notice that the one moderator guy (who acted very un-moderator-like by simply saying "that car looks gay" ) had over 20,000 posts! I think Randy's 10,000, while extreme for here, may not be looked at as so crazy when compared to some of the geeks out there who literally LIVE on these types of forums.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 02-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Tim-H

yeah i recently changed my speakers too, they shouldn't be so hard to get out, plus when i removed the rear deck part of the grill was sticking down and rippped a hole in the foam of the old speakers.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:39 PM
SVXWA

I just got back leather seats off junk yard for 100 bucks It was 92 svx
They like new I might take off some others stuff and sell it.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:28 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
That comment intrigued me, but then his link didn't work. What was the article about? Subaru going out of biz? Subarus breaking down rapidly? Self destructing? I'm intrigued!
I think it was something to do with using tinted glass or factory installed tint or some reason why they won't be able to be tinted, but I don't really remember.

They weren't any more critical of SVXs than other cars, and those comments are reflective of the general tone of their message board, which makes me appreciate this one, but they seem happy with theirs, their members certainly post frequently. I don't think they would have responded better to a cleaner example of an SVX, they seem to prefer trucks with nice flat rectangle windows (although I've never seen them say "nice car" about any customer's car). I'd like my windows tinted someday.

Hey SVXWA, what junkyard?
Old 02-03-2004, 01:36 AM
SVXWA

hehehehehehehe
Its all mine j/k
Its in Kent.

My Plans to get Clear Lights, Euro Grill, and maybe full exhaust some day. And maybe some body kit in front... Dont know about that i like to keep stock.