How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2001, 05:31 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Most of the contacts that i have for the cupholders were closed b4 i got home.

guess i'll have to call from work.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:14 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Regarding cup holders, which was one of my first,"Where the hell is it?" questions along with the invisible under hood light, when I first got my '92. I have this collapsable thing that I found in a junk drawer. I think my wife bought at a flea market as a stocking stuffer, & forgot where she hid it. Anyway, it has a bendable wire band that I shaped to hook on the dash behind the suede moulding. It pops open & drops a " square" loop downward, & another loop outward, with some springy arms inside the horizontal loop, to hold various sized containers. (I know, this is a little like explaining the game of baseball to a Martian). But, the thing works, & if I EVER find another one, I'll have "SVX" inscribed on the outer panel, sell them to members & retire on the profits. Tsu/Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:53 PM
BadDog

Talking

LOL it sounds like we've got an idea for a sure-sell product Personally, I'm afraid to try the cupholders that attach to vents... I don't want to break one; who knows when Subaru will decide to stop making those available!
BTW, I checked my owner's manual, and it says I've got a fuel warning light... bottom R hand side of instrument cluster. However, I can't see if it's there with the tinted plastic, and it doesn't come on with the other warning lights when I turn the key to A/C... is my bulb blown? Or do none of your fuel warning lights turn on until it's actually supposed to be *on*?

Last edited by BadDog; 07-31-2001 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
My warning light for gas only comes on when I'm way low on gas, generally on E---, even then it doesn't stay on, has to be down around 2-2.5 gal left before mine stays on full time.

highest amount of gas put in my tank at one fill up 18.2, Guess the pump couldn't pick up the other .3. Boy did I feel like a jackass.....

georgous car on side of road...."what's wrong?"....."duh...ummm...no gas....have no brain"
Old 07-31-2001, 11:22 PM
joeaux

Good to have you. And you're right, it was a long post. But it was worth it. As far as your paint. I've seen enough SVXs to know that the paint from the factory is flawless (on all I've seen). As for the SVX logo, well, some people take them off (I like them, others don't). If it was painted they may have been removed and never replaced. You can order them from Subaru. You'll find a lot of guys here that can help you with anything you may have questions about. I've got a '96 LSi that I bought new. It's still bone stock (the way I like it). Just ask if you need any help.
-joe-
Old 08-01-2001, 07:12 AM

Quote:
"I installed a skylight in my apartment...The people who live above me
Ahhhh.......Steven Wright the King of one liners. truly hilarious comedian. The only one who had anything funny on the Premeir episode of "The Downer Channel" last week
Old 08-01-2001, 07:28 AM
BadDog

The Downer Channel is a little off-topic but I think it has 1 HUGE advantage over other skit-comedy shows: the bits are short. If they stink, they're gone; if they're good, they don't get worn out. I think Wanda Sykes had a good bit at the impound lot. All just MHO of course.
SVX content: I still need to know if the gas idiot light comes on with the ignition in other people's cars, because it doesn't in mine Or were you telling me your's acts the same way, Kev, when you said "My warning light for gas only comes on when I'm way low on gas" ?

Last edited by BadDog; 08-01-2001 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-01-2001, 07:33 AM

I do not think it turns on when you turn the ignition on, I've never noticed it

I'll check during lunch & let you know
Old 08-01-2001, 07:39 AM
BadDog

Awesome, thanks. If yours acts the same as mine, then I'll be more confident in letting it run low this afternoon
There was another warning light that was in the manual that didn't come on with the ignition... I can't remember what it was, now, but it was on the left hand side....
Old 08-01-2001, 07:50 AM

If you figure out what it is, let me know & I'll look for that too,

As a general rule i don't let it go over 300mi on a full tank of gas
Old 08-01-2001, 08:06 AM
BadDog

I just ran outside to see which one it was... it's not on the left side at all, it's the MANUAL light, which I know works while driving. It just doesn't light up before I start the car, so I'm expecting that and the fuel light are the 2 lights that don't light until they're actually needed/used
Old 08-01-2001, 09:55 AM

I pretty sure you are right on that I don't beleive those two come on until needed.

Manual should only come on if you click the button on your shifter.
Old 08-01-2001, 10:02 AM
BadDog

Cool Now to try it out and see if it lights up before I run out of gas
Old 08-01-2001, 10:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Bad_Dog,

Welcome to the SVX family !!
Your tranny will take time to learn your habits. Also in the morning warm up the car for a few minutes, especially in upstate NY. Your tranny will thank you.

I have a '97 LSi. The suede is actually a faux suede made of nylon. I believe it's called Ecosaine.

I also run synthetic lubes (Mobil 1 in the engine and Red Line hi-temp ATF).

You will love this car in the snow. I'll bet you can't wait for winter.

Larry III
PS: If you have an open weekendon your calendar in late July next summer you might consider coming to the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet (See my locker for details)
Old 08-01-2001, 11:35 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
I pretty sure you are right on that I don't beleive those two come on until needed.

Manual should only come on if you click the button on your shifter.
I've NEVER seen my fuel light come on, & I've driven 50 or more miles after she pegs empty. I'll generally get 300 miles on the car BEFORE showing empty. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.