Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 93 FWD SVX partout (Michigan, Ypsilanti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
This is a 92.
Maybe you posted this in the wrong thread by mistake. This is non ABS, FWD, and blue, which makes it a 94 or 95, and most likely a 94.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Registered SVX

You have a pm.

What's the condition of the Power Antenna?
1994 Emerald Pearl LSi w 2006 WRX 5 spd manual.
1997 Laguna Blue LSi, 46k miles (73345 Kms). One owner 25 years, always garaged, pampered and 9/10 showroom condition. Possibly the last Canadian spec Laguna ordered #100134
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 AM

Yes, sorry about that.

The power antenna is stuck in a halfway-down position, so I don't think you'll want it.

Also there is no wood grain, It's just hard plastic. The interior really is beat up pretty badly.

Thanks though!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Registered SVX

Most power antennas eventually jam up unless they are greased up at every oil change interval. Road dust gets flushed down inside the mast with rain water and collects as wet mud that begins the corrosion cycle on the inner cylinder.
The singular thing about the SVX power antenna is the curved cable guide tube to accommodate the motor due to its proximity to the inner fender wheelwell. Made of plastic, mine is shattered from a former owner tugging on the mast trying to free it up. Did horrendous damage to the mast segment copper slides, too, which is why mine is wobbly.
So far, every wrecker/parts car I've seen has the antenna broken off, thus my interest in yours, which looks to be standing straight and true even if it is stuck halfway. There's always hope I can clean out the muck and make it slidey again. At the very least I expect the curved guide tube, cable reel and motor are salvageable.
There's an excellent how-to on our unique antennas in the How-to forum.

Not that we need the power antenna except for AM radio (and groovy gadget looks) - we have an FM antenna grid embedded in the rear glass...
1997 Laguna Blue LSi, 46k miles (73345 Kms). One owner 25 years, always garaged, pampered and 9/10 showroom condition. Possibly the last Canadian spec Laguna ordered #100134

Last edited by Old Davy; 10-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZCory View Post
Yes, sorry about that.

The power antenna is stuck in a halfway-down position, so I don't think you'll want it.

Also there is no wood grain, It's just hard plastic. The interior really is beat up pretty badly.

Thanks though!
If any of the interior plastic is in ok shape, that's also worth hanging onto. Non-wood grain interiors that are grey are rare.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Davy View Post
Most power antennas eventually jam up unless they are greased up at every oil change interval. Road dust gets flushed down inside the mast with rain water and collects as wet mud that begins the corrosion cycle on the inner cylinder.
The singular thing about the SVX power antenna is the curved cable guide tube to accommodate the motor due to its proximity to the inner fender wheelwell. Made of plastic, mine is shattered from a former owner tugging on the mast trying to free it up. Did horrendous damage to the mast segment copper slides, too, which is why mine is wobbly.
So far, every wrecker/parts car I've seen has the antenna broken off, thus my interest in yours, which looks to be standing straight and true even if it is stuck halfway. There's always hope I can clean out the muck and make it slidey again. At the very least I expect the curved guide tube, cable reel and motor are salvageable.
There's an excellent how-to on our unique antennas in the How-to forum.

Not that we need the power antenna except for AM radio (and groovy gadget looks) - we have an FM antenna grid embedded in the rear glass...
Is this the piece of which you speak?

If so, that's it!

Because the motor won't move, and the mast is bent, but that piece is good to go!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 PM

Registered SVX

Yup Cory, that's the tube.
PMed you but any chance you have a pic of the bend in the mast? I may be able to massage it back to true or at least utilize the remaining good sections. As I say, my mast is ridiculously wobbly because the internal copper slide shoes have been destroyed.
This obscure 5-section mast has so far not been found available at any of the replacement mast places so my options are limited.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Registered SVX

Got any injectors? What about a dr. side radiator fan?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-05-2012, 03:25 PM

No injectors (they're in my car) but I do have both fans!

PM me an offer.

-Cory

Also, body is now gone. Sold to a friend who's going to put a V8 into it and make it a drift car (hopefully).
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Still have the radiator?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdeath231 View Post
Still have the radiator?
I do indeed, fans too. Make an offer!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM

You have a pm.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 PM

What's the status on the radiator? Did it sell, or do you still have it?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM

Sorry, it has been sold and the car is no longer in my posession.

I do still have the trans x-member and that tubular brace jobber if anyone wants them.