Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 07-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
California

Is it always this quiet in the California forum? I just moved to Escondido. I need to run back to Vegas soon to get my Supercharged/6speed SVX tagged, but after that it will be cruising the roads from time to time. When I managed to pry myself out of my SS and off my bike.

P.S. If anyone wants to finish my project for me I have all the parts for a built EG33 to put in the car.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
Is it always this quiet in the California forum? I just moved to Escondido. I need to run back to Vegas soon to get my Supercharged/6speed SVX tagged, but after that it will be cruising the roads from time to time. When I managed to pry myself out of my SS and off my bike.

P.S. If anyone wants to finish my project for me I have all the parts for a built EG33 to put in the car.
Welcome to the neighborhood. It's a bit quiet 'round these parts (at least compared to WA or PA) but we have quality rather than quantity. I think the meet in April really contributed to a community feeling in the area, so there'll be more where that came from soon. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing what'll be presumably the most "built" SVX on the west coast. Between your supercharged car, Ron's two JDMs and Dbarnblatt's low mile '97 we'll have some of the nicest SVXs in the country right here in the area.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 PM

She is sadly starting to fall into disrepair. I haven't done much with it in about 3 years. The Las Vegas sun did a good number on the paint. The "To Do" list for my poor SVX is about a mile long. It starts with driving back to Vegas for tags. It will never pass California CARB standards.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
She is sadly starting to fall into disrepair. I haven't done much with it in about 3 years. The Las Vegas sun did a good number on the paint. The "To Do" list for my poor SVX is about a mile long. It starts with driving back to Vegas for tags. It will never pass California CARB standards.
I was worried about mine, and ended up passing my smog with flying colors. If you can keep it registered in NV, then more power to you, but finding a smog station with a small dyno bay means they'll have to test your car with the back sticking out of the garage. Add some wind, and poof! Instant clean emissions. I also have the ECUTune 2v7F (not sure what you're doing for management) and considered running E85 for my test, but luckily it didn't come to that.

Seems like everybody here has a "To Do" list about a mile long. Hopefully you'll have more chances to whittle away at that here than before, but I know how things can sort of get away from you over time. I've finally gotten my "To Do IMMEDIATELY" list down to just a couple of items. That's the best it's been since I got the car.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:37 PM

I just moved to Escondido.

Welcome to the area. I recently moved to Carlsbad, 20 miles away, maybe we can meet somewhere. I recently got my car running again but I have not done any mods to it. I would love to see what you have done and get your thoughts on possibilities for my car.

BBSVX
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeautysvx View Post
Welcome to the area. I recently moved to Carlsbad, 20 miles away, maybe we can meet somewhere. I recently got my car running again but I have not done any mods to it. I would love to see what you have done and get your thoughts on possibilities for my car.

BBSVX

Anytime. Just let me know.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 PM

Smile Re: California

Hey everyone after many years i almost have a pearly restored just need to finish alternator and paint and iam good to go iam in oceanside didnt know there were svx's around my area do you guys have any meets? how about any svx sightings in junk yards ?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

I am one of the active members up in WA and have been running many of the meets up here for the last 10 years (just search my posts in the Northwest forum over the last 10 years for reference ).

I may be relocating to CA in the next year or so and would love to be able to continue getting together with fellow SVX owners and hosting some meets.

The catch is it will be up in the San Jose area, and seems most of the more enthusiastic folks are centered around the south end of the state, so not sure how that would all work out. We'll see what happens though, starting with whether our family actually makes the move or not.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 09-19-2011, 09:48 PM

If all goes well this pearlie might make it up north hmmmm? iam fighting an electrical problem right now its weird i have new battery and new alternator and the alternator wont turn on in the car but on the bench its flawless going crazy!! but a trip to san jose would be nice last time i was in cisco i missed china town and a few other places, lets see what the future holds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: