How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-06-2002, 07:51 PM
ravi

Thumbs up SVX Reading Iii stories

Hey everybody, I just got back from Reading. I was fun all day. The only part I didn't like is I had to be hungry from 8am - 6pm, but it's okay.
Well, when we all went on drive today, I really liked the expressions on people's face. People were just standing there and watching us. Thier exression was," Where the hell all these beautiful cars come from which we don't even know." Do you guys remember that little boy standing with her father waiving at us, and how about that girl on horse who had expression like she was watching U.F.Os.
When we stopped near burger king at first, one lady pulled in her little chevy tracker and asked me," What cars are these." I said,"Subaru SVX." She said,"they are very nice cars." I said,"not only good, but great. These are one of the best handling cars in the whole world."
When one of the group got lost and we were standing on the shoulder, one guy pulled up in his pickup truck and asked me,"what cars are these and what is going on here." I said,"Subaru SVX. We are having a club meet over here." He said," Oh okay. They look very nice."
So what do you have to say about today's meet??
Old 04-06-2002, 11:19 PM
EverclearAtMSU

I heard a good story...something to the tune of Liwns SVX's bearings going bad and him going out and buying a new one for the meet.
Old 04-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Green1995SVX

Me: "Is that ATF on the floor?"

Randy: "Or are you just happy to see me?"

-Mike
Old 04-07-2002, 05:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I can only say that I am extremely envious of those lucky enough to have been able to attend and hope that there are lots of pictures to drool over!!

Regards

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-07-2002, 08:13 AM
ravi

Yeah, I felt bad for Lwin that his SVX died on the way. I was driving with a bad bearing yesterday also and I was just hoping all day yesterday that nothing happens. I don't know if he got the new SVX or not, does anybody else know?

I took 3 snapshots on my camcorder and they are on my locker from reading. Rest, I will post in 3 or 4 days when I get my films developed.
I have lots and lots of pictures and I will post it soon.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Green1995SVX

Lwin got a 92 pearlie (no spoiler) yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010052.jpg (54.0 KB, 140 views)
Old 04-07-2002, 10:23 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Lwin got a 92 pearlie (no spoiler) yesterday.
Damn you guys are quick. I'll post my story in a bit. I have to play with my cat and go get something to eat.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-08-2002, 07:52 PM
ravi

Hey Lwin, John told me about you SVX on sunday. I felt pretty good about it that you got it under 4Gs. You wrote it's a LS-L, does it have the same seats like mine?
Old 04-08-2002, 08:34 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
Hey Lwin, John told me about you SVX on sunday. I felt pretty good about it that you got it under 4Gs. You wrote it's a LS-L, does it have the same seats like mine?
I thought you have an LS... LS-Ls have 6 speakers/cd/ and leather seats.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-09-2002, 08:59 PM
ravi

wow, 6 speakers and CD, I would like to hear that when I see you next time.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:07 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: SVX Reading Iii stories

Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
Hey everybody, I just got back from Reading. I was fun all day. The only part I didn't like is I had to be hungry from 8am - 6pm, but it's okay.
....Do you guys remember that little boy standing with her father waiving at us, and how about that girl on horse who had expression like she was watching U.F.Os.
I was tired because I didn't sleep wholenite and drove to the Reading III but having lot of fun. I wasn't as hungry as you...I had some drinking water and bread in my SVX...

Oh yeah, I remember, I wish to stop...and take some pictures. The views were nice. I remember the little boy/girl, they're cute, I was the third car at that time, I guess Larry, the green 96Lsi in front of me started waiving at them...me too, I wonder how long they need to waive at us....

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05