Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 05-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Mr Soob

Lightbulb Ideas for outings

Ok guys, to keep it tidy (like the spotters thread), I'm going to post here each new little place I remember or discover that would be nice for a cruise or get together. I have come across a few in my time and feel that I should at least put them somewhere where people might use them - instead of leaving them in my head where they are pretty useless.

If you have an idea too, please post it here! If a group get talking and want to go for a little trip, just chuck a "Moshol" and start a new thread. To start off:

Driving Outings...

Drive through the Royal National Park starting from Sutherland area, down to Stanwell Tops
Half day outing.
Approx 1 - 2 hours one way. Return trip via the Princes Highway.

Western or Northern Sydney to Singleton via Putty Road.
Full day outing.
Takes quite a long time, and although it is a lovely drive, it's not an extremely sociable one!

Southern Highlands via Wollongong
Full day outing.
Starting down near Wollongong early in the morning, drive to Albion Park, up Macquarie Pass and through to Mittagong/Bowral. Long drives, plenty of places to stop and do 'stuff'. Alternatively start at Campbelltown for a shorter trip.

Blue Mountains
Full day outing.
Katoomba, Leura, make a day of it. Say no more.

Non Driving Outings...

Sailing
I'm hoping and crossing my fingers to get a fair weather sailing day. It would have to be in the waremer months, and I'd need really solid commitments. It would be called off if the weather is daggy, so a backup plan would have to be in place.

Air Shows
I'm an Air show nut. Whenever I am heading to an Air Show, I'll post it up here. Most people believe air shows are boring, but trust me... the first one you go to will change your outlook. They are always a good day, and it doesn't hurt to show up in a car like an SVX...
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 05-31-2005, 01:43 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
OK, these all sound pretty good.
Quote:
Western or Northern Sydney to Singleton via Putty Road.
One of my favorites! Would pay to all have CB radios, (a)you tend to spread out a bit, (b)it's good to keep an eye out for Bears!
Some good little coffee shops along the way, and at the end, then come home via the express-way.
Quote:
Air Shows
OK, these may not be as popular, and there's not that many of them, but as an alternative idea; I'm a Flying Instructor note 'The flying Member!' and have instructed at a small field South West of camden called The Oaks for the last 15 years, weather permitting.
It's a good drive out the M-5, off to narrellan, bypass Camden towards Picton, then out the 'Oakdale' Road.
I fly virtually every Saturday, and I could probably swing a couple of 'rides' here and there!!
The above has been an unpaid plug for the 'Sydney Recreational Flying Club', and yes, we are talking ultralights here
That's my bit!
I'm Arthur, fly me!
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!

Last edited by pylon500; 05-31-2005 at 02:16 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Hey guys

The western sydney trek including putty road is awsome, i have done it with the RS club, and it was fantastic!!!

I have also Done the Southernhighlands trek via wollongong up the pass with the RS club aswell!!! also awsome, (i live in the Southern Highlands!!! )

Off topic but, i went to primary school at the Oaks !!!!!!!

(woops should have checked the dates first )
Old 06-18-2005, 12:58 AM

i am procrastinating my already overdue work

Perhaps i can be persuaded to leave the comforts of svx land Pittwater and go on a putty road drive- i'm up for a full day outing- as long as Jason lends me his cb again

Moshol
Old 06-18-2005, 03:04 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Quote:
i went to primary school at the Oaks !!!!!!!
Just a question, about what year(s) would that have been, and did the aircraft flying from the Oaks then annoy anyone?
Quote:
as long as Jason lends me his cb again
Most of these new CB's are pretty cheap, Jason if you could post the specs, we could all probably get one each at J-Kar radio or similar.
Gunna have a drive of my own in two weeks, need to go up to Taree, but will be driving up Thursday night (30th) and back on Friday night.
Doing some realestate investigating
You can all drive up once I'm established.
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 06-18-2005, 03:33 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
I was at the oaks during, 1991 - 1997, my mum is a teacher there, and nah no planes bugged me... small world tho

I am so lookin forward to a crusie with some other svx's!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
The run down through the Macquarie Pass and then from Illawarra Highway through Bowral and the backroads to Kiama is excellent - can highly recommend it

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: