Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 01-13-2005, 02:59 AM
Terry

Kienan's SVX

I'm about to re-register KeeBees car & it looks like I'm going to have to get a new r/h headlight.
Any Ideas.

Also it semms to want to overheat occasionally. Have pulled therostat. not that so I thought maybe waterpump or atuo trany needs extra oil cooler!!!!!

again any ideas.

Terry.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:44 AM

Hi Terry

I was very saddened to find out about Kienan last July. He was a top bloke and always keen for svx enthusiasing (even if he arrived on his bike with the svx "on blocks in the garage").

I have been holding onto a card which i was going to send you but i didn't immediately and then i thought it was too late- check your mail this week

Kind regards
Michelle

ps. not sure how to solve any of the svx problems and I’m glad you haven't sold it yet- especially with the Kienan touch wheels.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Kienan's SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry
I'm about to re-register KeeBees car & it looks like I'm going to have to get a new r/h headlight.
Any Ideas.

Also it semms to want to overheat occasionally. Have pulled therostat. not that so I thought maybe waterpump or atuo trany needs extra oil cooler!!!!!

again any ideas.

Terry.
Terry,

Can I also add my condolences from up this end?

I never met Keenan, but I knew he was a real nice fellow from conversing with him on the boards.

I am a summertime biker myself, and it was a sad shock to me when James told me the news in England. We SVX people are a small community really, and this family was hurt when we lost Keenan.

Great you are fixing up his car. Nice one! is the current phrase in use by my 15 yo son.

Overheating with SVXs usually means broken gasket on one of the heads.

First, though, you must check if the cooler fans on the rad are working. The engine produces loads of heat, if the fans are not clicking in and out as they should, then it will overheat. [Also Terry, if you have a power washer, make sure to give the rad a blast so it can cool properly. One of the fans is controlled by the aircon, comes on when AC switched in. You can check that this is working easily by turning on the aircon. The other one keeps the engine cool in traffic, fast work etc. If it's not switching in, you will cook the heads.

Next, if the fans are working right, and it is not the thermostat, it is most likely a broken gasket. You need to check if gas is coming into the coolant#, or also, you could take off the oil filler, see if there is that unhealthy buttery gunge about that happens when water is mixing with the oil.

# Should have mentioned, if gas from the heads is getting into the coolant, your big feeder pipes to the rad will be rock hard, blown up like balloons, because the system is pressurising gas along with the liquid which is all that should be in there.

Try this lot and come back to us then.

Best wishes to the family,

Joe

PS Tranny cooler would be a good thing, but will have zero effect on engine cooling.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: