Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-08-2003, 06:30 PM

Hunger!

Had so much fun last night finally meeting 2 other svxs- cheers Blake & James

What etiquette sould a leading car follow? Should they take other car members hunger into consideration when they continue to drive past cafes etc cuz there is no parks out front?

Was funny James when we pulled up at lights after about 2 hours & u called..."..anything...is there a maccas nearby?" I think we were all on the verge of starvation but there was nowhere with prime parking.

Also lane changing. err at times i would make some sudden decisions and thus rather rash turns and lane changes (like at narabeen). Is this commonly acceptable behaviour?

Looking forward to Bowral!

Moshol
Old 11-08-2003, 07:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Was a great night....although following cars cannot help but wonder, as the SVX begins to sniff petrol fumes and the pangs of hunger have the driver in fits of hallucinations, why the golden arches of monopolistic salvation are being passed!! (the Terry Hills one!)

Seriously, a great night - good to meet you, Chris and Brad (top t-shirt that he had!) and was funny watching three SVX does three point turns in that narrow road near the Greengate!!

I've picked up a CB some time ago from Dick Smith (a Uniden model for $99) and they were recently selling 2 for 1 sets for about $100 - have come in very handy on various runs (they have an effective range of about 2000m - not to crash hot but perfect for the purposes we use them for) - some memorable dialogue on the Wisemans Ferry run (a really good run late at night) was as follows:

SCENE: 12.30am, two SVX's, lots of lowlevel flying

2nd SVX: "Damn, that looks good the way it hugs the road"
Lead SVX: "And so well placed too" (SVX sails around corner, glued to the road - long straight ahead) - "I'm going to give it a bit" ....110, 120......use your imagination!

Lead SVX: "Oh, there's a corner coming up" - heavy braking - "*%^^&%, its a very sharp corner!!!" CB thrown to floor, full lock, yay for VTD and AWD
2nd SVX: "Thanks for the warning"
Lead SVX: Driver feels faint

Can't wait to do it again!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:58 PM

Speeding

CB sounds good- any1 keen to go halves?

Just got a call from Chris who is driving up to coffs with a friend to go skydiving tommorrow (he was just through taree) don't know if it is still on as the $300 for skydiving may have to go toward something else.
he just got done for speeding & copped a $565 fine & loss of licence for 1 month
Whoops.

Look what happens when there are no sensible females in the car!

He was driving his friends convertable celica and i guess got a bit carried away on this fine sunny day- 136ks in a 100 zone.

I also felt great joy upon seeing 3 svxs turning around in the same narrow street.

I noticed the guy checking mine out on epping rd- wish i could have seen his face as yours then blakes went past
My essay has thankfully come together today and i'm almost done woohoo

Moshol
Old 11-08-2003, 10:59 PM

Damn, thats no good with the speeding Looks like he will have to be a passenger in the Subaru for a while now!

Next time we should do an 'SVX Sightings' run - I know where that silver one in Stanmore lives (I left a note but never heard anything) so we can all rock up outside his house and say that his car needs to be with its own kind

Then, there is another one (my colour) that parks on Oxford Street - 2 behind him, 2 in front and get some photos!!

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-09-2003, 12:44 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Talking 5 SVX in a row

Sounds like a possie !!
Hey Ken we'll have to get some mates up here to buy some SVX so we can do some group touring, its kinda boring being the only SVX in town

Hey we could all get together and drive down to the BP super centre on the way down to the Gold Coast ...apparently thats one of the biggest hangouts on a FRiday night for "Skyline allsorts"... ...we can show off what a real Japanese super car IS..

David In SEQ
Old 11-09-2003, 02:38 AM

Re: 5 SVX in a row

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
Sounds like a possie !!
Hey Ken we'll have to get some mates up here to buy some SVX so we can do some group touring, its kinda boring being the only SVX in town

Hey we could all get together and drive down to the BP super centre on the way down to the Gold Coast ...apparently thats one of the biggest hangouts on a FRiday night for "Skyline allsorts"... ...we can show off what a real Japanese super car IS..

David In SEQ

Sounds like a road trip is in order!

Old 11-09-2003, 03:13 AM

Re: 5 SVX in a row

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
Sounds like a possie !!

David In SEQ
Been trying hard to get buyers so that I don't feel so lonely, Her that I obey faithfully (most times anyway) is stopping me from buying another.

On the way down to Melbourne recently we had to stop at the BP in Shepperton, mainly to debug the SVX, we happened to cruise into the local lads and their super clean cars with drain pipe exhaust. They did a quick oh ah and took off with a great clamour. Interestingly two of them followed me onto the highway and tried pacing the SVX they backed out when I started cruising at about 3500 rp's.

Might have to settle for a run with only two some time though, would be good to showoff BUC.

Originally posted by Jamsvx

Next time we should do an 'SVX Sightings' run - I know where that silver one in Stanmore lives (I left a note but never heard anything) so we can all rock up outside his house and say that his car needs to be with its own kind

James

Sorry to disappoint you but I think that the Stanmore SVX may be the one F/S that I posted about in the Black SVX thread. Good there be two SVX's there.

Regards

Kenn

PS. David

If we do it you have to promise to stay away from those Golden Arches, at least for the day!!!

Last edited by KennEls; 11-09-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:38 AM

Hi David (green svx 96?)

I have your lost older sister (March 95, green). Would be keen to join the road trip posse

& James- i'm sure the Stanmore svx would be joyous to be reunited with its long lost cousins whether the owner is keen or not that is, if it is still there.
This website is such a welcome diversion from more pressing tasks in life.

Just had a call from chris- lucky he had his mountain bike in the car because he's going to start training for the ride to work. I've never really entertained the idea of losing my licence on the spot- must be a bit of a shock. Can't say it slowed me down this afternoon though when i was returning from other side of town cruising the bridge at 100......

Moshol
Old 11-09-2003, 05:27 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

green you say !!

moshols vx

interestingly re Green 96..hmm, mine has build date stamped as 3/95 surely yours is not the same...surely ...mine's compliance was 28/6/96 and then first sold 24/4/97.

So..somewhere between a 95 to 97 model is where I class mine, it depends on who you talk to as to what date works for them, generally in terms of aussie cars its a 96..and certainly not a 97 as I saw in one of the other threads the guys in the US with 97s talking of something else [...some other gadget] instead of the coin holder...maybe that mod never got to Oz in say 96 builds ??, ...according to Subaru mine was one of the last ones [1 of the last and only 4 sold in 97 in Oz...]

I wonder what was the most recent build sold in Oz, mine at 3/95 doesn't sound all that young...you could even say a sitter

Regards

Dave [Forest Lake in BrisVegas]
Old 11-09-2003, 02:35 PM

Yep, that grey one in Stanmore is the same one for sale that I was thinking of - has been for sale on and off for a while now.....no matter, I am sure that when 6 SVX's arrive outside, it will start itself up and come away with us

Oh, the VIN's will show the order in which they were produced - I think mine and Blake's were about 100 cars apart

Its good when the 'riceboys' try and bait you - had a young gent in an Lexus IS (debadged) try and cut me off going from the Cahill Expressway onto the Bridge (the round and round onramp - Sydney people will know it) - off I go into the outside lane...and accelerate!! Yay for AWD!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: