Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 05-14-2003, 06:46 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

SVX/Skydiving meet near Atlanta (Planning)

This is just a copy of the thread that I started iin the "Upcoming Meets" section.....

Hey all the SVXers in the South.... Noir and I are in the process of planning a SVX/Skydiving meet for everyone that will be interested.... It will be taking place in Atlanta, GA. I believe the time frame will be around late August early September.... It's still warm then but not blazing hot.... You can almost bet that if it is 90* on the ground it will be about 30* at 12,500ft. I will post more as things develope.... If you will be available for that area at that time of year for that sort of event then feel free to start a list of people that are interested.... It will help me get an Idea of how many people to tell the Skydiving company will be there... Also if you can specify if you will be Skydiving or if you are to scared to ..... Like this...

1. GreenMarineSVX (Diving till I run outta money!!!!!)

I realize that I seem to be the king of useless lists of names, but this one will happen... I haven't Skydived in a while and I wanna get back in the air before my liscence expires and I have to take all the classes again...!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX/Skydiving meet near Atlanta (Planning)

You want me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
heh heh - ahhhh - I'll stick to the ground but I can videotape if you want it recorded.

Quote:
1. GreenMarineSVX (Diving till I run outta money!!!!!)
2. Immortal_suby (Scared - the car's immortal, I ain't)
[/B]
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Sounds fun...but what would the costs be (said like the cheap SOB that I am), and what about the classes, as I've never been sky diving before.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-15-2003, 07:08 AM

This would be like a whole weekend thing... Ya know like be here sometime friday night 'cause Saturday morning is when the classes start for those who have never jumped before... I may have to go to a refresher corse cause it's been about 2 years since I jumped!!!! I'll post the website to the place and all can check it out....

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-15-2003, 07:17 AM

Here's the link to the Skydiving place where I was hoping on having it.... Really not bad prices... And they take ya up to 14,000ft!!!! Damn I made most of my jumps at 12,500 and 13,000ft... Cool!!! I can't wait to go again!!!!!

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com/tandem_main.php#aff

Old 05-23-2003, 09:07 AM

copy

This is just a copy of what I posted in the other thread.
Either way, keep me informed.

I have been looking for an excuse to jump out of a airplane.

As long as it is Early September, I am in. I'll be gone 2nd week in august for vacation and 3rd week in August for work; so, September is better.

If anyone else from PA or further north is interested, we should all meet somewhere along the way.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:11 AM

Oh yeah

If the timing is good, and I do go, AFF all the way!!
Old 05-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: checked out the cost a few weeks ago

i checked out the rates a few weeks ago.

for solo - $149 per tandem jump
for a group of 4 or more - $129 per tandem jump
dunno if there are 10+ discounts.

if you take the class to be registered - $995
those classes include 7 solo jumps with 2 instructors that jump with you to help guide you. you will also get nice radio equipment to communicate with your 2 instructors.
a mandatory 6 hour class.

upon being registered, you can skydive at that facility for $18 per jump. you can rent equipment per day for $20.

not a bad deal. i'm thinking about checking out the facility and scheduling a jump or two either this weekend or next. would have done sooner but wanted to make sure i was ok from the accident before going
Old 05-29-2003, 02:07 PM

Cool man.... Do ya know if ya can pay per jump with the accelerated free fall... That's how I did mine... First jump with the 6 hour class is like $240 or something... I might have to start mine all over again... And I don't want to do a tandem, and don't have $995 to throw down.... I'll look into it some time.... I'll give ya a call sometime this weekend Noir so we can work some things out about this meet..... Cool.... We need to make this meet happen around the end of August early September... Cool?? Talk to ya later man!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 07:18 AM

Hey South East Guys.... I am officially handing the whip over to Harry on this meet... I really want to see it happen but I have lost the support of a friend and have many things that I need to accomplish before my trip to Australia in a little over 3 weeks... If you are still interested in it I do believe that Harry is gonna be setting it up still. When I talked to him lastnight he still sounded like he really wanted to do it... Please direct all Questions to him... He knows the area alot better than me, that is also another reason why I want him to run it... Thanks and hope to see all of ya soon!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: