How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2002, 03:21 PM
DNSB

I pay monthly. It's just easy for me that way.
I think if I had another car, I would put down that that would be my primary car. I heard it was cheaper that way. (A cheap, old car).
I have a clean record, and still on my family plan thing.
Even if they aren't over charging me, I'm still not happy with their service.(Well, the one in my town)
As soon as I pay off my loan, I will go back to liability.

~Deja~
Old 12-29-2002, 05:28 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I guess I must be the lucky one with State Farm. My parents insured everything with State Farm as I was growing up (and they went to bat for my sister after an accident).
When I got married and moved to CO from MO, we went with American Family, the company that my husband was with. We became disenchanted with them after they changed agents on us with no prior notice. Went to State Farm for 3 vehicles, plus our home. Right now we have our home and 2 vehicles insured. Our vehicles are both more than 10 years old, we are WAY over 25, no tickets or accidents, $250 deductible, full coverage on both, and we pay only $116 per month.

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 12-29-2002, 06:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
To update everyone,

We have Liberty Mutual insurance on our SVXes & Outback. That's 3 cars. We have $500 deductible with $0 deductible on windshields.
I still have 1 point against me from a 3 year old speeding ticket. It will come off my license in Feb '03.
The isnsurance premium is a group rate. Liberty and Subaru have some sort of joint venture for Suby owners. They give a 10% discount.
Our premium is $2185 per year.
We live in Wimington, DE and we are way over 25 years old.
Thank God neither one of us acts our age.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 12-29-2002, 07:51 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Im in NJ under my father's allstate plan. His premium is 800 a year for full coverage on his camry while my SVX is 1200 a year for full coverage. Its under his name but I'm the registered driver for it and im 17. I do have quite a few discouts though, such as the good student discount, having 30 hours of drivers ed in school, and 6 hours behind the wheel from a driving school.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 12-29-2002, 08:21 PM
greg

I have State Farm also and I am very pleased. The agent is what makes it for me. If it wasn't for the agent I would be changing right now to any other company! The main claims office has been a disaster for me! But the agent's office made it all right! I pay about $70/month for liability only and have two others cars and a boat as well as renters insurance... One car is full coverage and the other two (SVX and GL) are both only liability. Total for all is only 140.00 per month. I cannot beat that anywhere! My parents are die-hard State Farm people and the agent is a family friend (I guess that makes a difference. I think I will stay with them!

-G
Old 12-29-2002, 08:58 PM
deadeye95

I used State Farm for 26 years, found that I was paying way too much. I paid full boat for 2 cars minus $50 for multiple car discount. If the average American is in a wreck every 7 years - these guys were making a statistical killing, being as I am the only driver of said vehicles.

Got on with Progressive for $1100 a year ($700 less than SF). Got a ticket and just paid it, these losers checked and raised my rate $600 to $1700. Still lower than State Farm!

Seems the State Farm agents never checked with the DMV unless you had an accident. Progressive gets you with low initial rates, but I'm guessing you better not claim! Only wonder what they would have done if I had made a monetary claim?

I got the rebate checks from SF, but a buddy of mine here says he has stopped getting his. Guess that is determined by regional profitability.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:48 PM
gcookaustin

Wow, you all are paying way too much for insurance. With State Farm I've got a lot of insurance on my SVX, but with being on my father's policy it's only about $48/month, but we've got the good student and other discounts. I'm only 21 and single...
Old 12-30-2002, 08:18 AM
DNSB

Angry

I used to get the discounts. I'm not in school anymore, but will be. And I think after some age, the driving course doesn't apply anymore. The only disounts I get are (As they are listed) Milticar, and $100. worth of car security features. That's it for me.
I hope when I go back to school it will make a difference. I've done everything right(My credit is good) and still dealing with these peoples ****.

Oh well for now

~Deja~
Old 12-30-2002, 09:05 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Quote:
Originally posted by gcookaustin
Wow, you all are paying way too much for insurance. With State Farm I've got a lot of insurance on my SVX, but with being on my father's policy it's only about $48/month, but we've got the good student and other discounts. I'm only 21 and single...
You have to remember I live in New Jersey, home of the worst drivers . Was your policy for full coverage or only liability?
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 12-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
I have been with state farm for almost 20 years and it is the agent that makes all the difference. Although I have moved many times, I kept my same agent. They go out of their way in handling claims and will try to save me money on premiums whenever possible. I have gotten quotes from other companies (Progressive, Erie) and they can't touch it.

When I bought my 96 Polo Green (more expensive to insure) my agent suggested transferring my safe driver discount/multi-line discount to that car by insuring my new 96 on the old policy the 92 pearlie was on.

The 92 is now on a new policy, without the safe driver discount. This would have made my premium higher, but they registered as a pleasure vehicle to be driven no more than 10,000 miles a year. Definitely a cheaper rate than as a primary driver.

Bottom Line: I am paying the same amount to insure the 96 as I did to insure the 92. Both cars together run me $108.00/month for 100/300/100, $50.00 deductable for comp and 250 deductable collision

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 12-30-2002 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Network Design Administrator

I HAD State Farm for about 6 years, paying full coverage at $75 monthly from the ages of 21-27 with 100/200/100. My rates never went up. Once I seperated from the Military I realized that I had to transfer my Insurance from NC to NJ. State Farm isnt offering new policies in NJ so I got to go shopping. I went with USAA and got Full Coverage in NJ with the same deductables and now pay $166 a month. I dont feel I am doing too bad for NJ.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:46 PM
still in love with Hannah

Ok, I live at home with my parents yet(still), I have an 11 year old son that lives with me, I'm divorced , my father is on disability due to his back. I have the SVX, MR2 and my bike through State Farm. My father has all of his vehicles though State Farm as well. They told me that I no longer qualify for the multicar discount because there are too many drivers in the house hold(me, dad, mom) even though I DO NOT DRIVE ANY OF HIS VEHICLES. I have also told them this several times. I'm tired of their abuse. My insurance goes up every year for no good reason. I'm going to go in thursday and have a nice long talk with them about why I should stay with them. We shall see what happens.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 01-02-2003, 10:55 PM
still in love with Hannah

Went in today...

and reiterated what I had told them about me not being in the same household as my father. I think they might have got the point. They also gave me some options as far as full tort and partial tort and I was also told that maybe I could shop arround for a better rate(which I wasn't expecting them to say).
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 01-02-2003, 11:36 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Tell them that you're going to shop around, not for a different company but rather a different agent. If that doesn't raise an eyebrow or two maybe they are shooting square.