Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Update:

The rotors are made of a very high quality cast iron and then have a zinc coating on top.

The shipping prices are going to be around $22 for a set of two, and $29 for the set of four. (UPS ground)

So with 10% off and shipping you are looking at:
Fronts- $147.10
Full set- $262.10

If my nubers of wanted sets goes up i will try to get us more like 15% off.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:41 PM
swtsu

Thumbs up

MT,

I appreciate all the time and effort that you've put into this project. Hope you have a nice Holiday and your SVX never breaks!!
Old 12-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Hey there MT. Good work on the rotor deal. I just have one question. How are the new cast iron rotors going to compare in weight to the stock rotors? I don't even know what the stock rotors are made out of. Also, I'm assuming the Zinc plating is to keep them from rusting? Do you know how long the plating will last? Thanks.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-24-2002, 05:08 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Well for one thing i wish my SVX never did break down but it likes to break down about once a week.

I am unsure on the weight factor but i dont see how this would affect anything. The coating would be to slow the onset of rust. I dont know how long it will last but i would figure that where the pads have contact the coating will be gone after a short period of time and the rest should stay for a long time to stop them from rusting.

I am putting time into this to help us all, i am a new member here and i would like to be a useful helpful member.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:41 PM
WhiteSVX

I bought a set of rotors from irotors back in june and believe me guys, these are well worth it. To my knowledge, I think spraying high temperature paint around the hub of the rotors look better than the zinc coating. IMO...MT, ask them if they could get brake pads groupbuy as well...I might be interested in those as well.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
just a little

bump up back to the top for people to take advantage of this deal...Thank you for taking your time and helping out everyone on the board, let us know whatever you need...Thanks again
Old 12-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I bought a set of four Brembo rotors from the Ebay auction. They are good rotors, just a bit noisy (not horrible unless standing on them.) Pads are new whatevers from CarQuest, doubtful that other pads would sound much different. It's been quite a few years since in the race cars, but they had similar sensations.

All rotors are cast iron, some applications are composite, the 'hat' section being stamped steel and cast remainder. As far as I know composites are unavailable for the SVX and you wouldn't want them if they were.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up

Leslie - sign me up for four slotted. If the consenses here is that they're a quality product, then the price is right. I paid $173 for ONE OEM rear rotor to pass state inspection two years ago. A Beav question - would OEM pads be OK to use with the slotted rotors?
Thanks everyone - Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 12-24-2002 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Leslie - sign me up for four slotted. If the consenses here is that they're a quality product, then the price is right. I paid $173 for ONE OEM rear rotor to pass state inspection two years ago. A Beav question - would OEM pads be OK to use with the slotted rotors?
Thanks everyone - Ron.
I don't see why not.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:35 AM
DNSB

You can sign my up to get 4 slotted ones too. 2 front and 2 back.
I'm dieing to get new ones.

~Deja~
Old 12-26-2002, 12:09 PM
clarkerussell

More resistant to warping?

How will these be more resistant to warping? I ask because my OEM fronts were turned about 2 months and 5K miles ago and they are warped again.... If this will help, I'm in for a set all around. Slotted, Please....
Old 12-26-2002, 02:23 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
I had a couple questions. First of all does what exactly does the zinc coating do? is it just for looks or is it like a cryo treatment or a CAD plating? Also has anyone tried to get a group buy from www.appliedrotortechnology.com ? I think they might be a lot more expensive, but I was just wondering. Thanks for any info, I might be interested now that I have a little cash to spend...

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-26-2002, 02:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Well if it's good enough for Beav and only costs 50% of stock, then add my order for front + rear slotted here. How are you taking payments and when do we expect delivery?

KuoH
Old 12-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Zinc coating stops rust....

If you want to order let me know and i will put you down. Money info and such will be PMed to you once i am ready to make the order from iROTORS.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

OK One weeks time i willbe Emailing iROTORS about this stuff, any of you out there that are interested let meknow i am setting things up best that i can..thanx everyone.