Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2002, 06:13 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

CA$H-- Relax abit

I was just reading through all 3 pages of this forum and I think that I have seen more chat and Bull**** going on between members about diffrent cars other than the SVX.... Can we all agree that the SVX is one of the coolest cars ever??? Well I hope so because this site is for people that love thier SVX's... I haven't seen mine in about 6 months because I am on deployment.... I am hurting everydat that I can't drive it!!! I love my SVX... I hope all of you guys do too.... And if you like Neons or Civics more, then go buy one of them... God knows they are cheaper to maintain and own..... Then go join a Neon website or something.....

CA$H- I didn't even have to look at your profile to know that you are a young bastard that can loose his temper over a damm Neon. Just the way that you wrote what you wrote..... you shone through..... Guess what though, I am younger than you!!!! Just relax some man, be glad that you have an awesome car and enjoy the attention that you must get in it.. don't worry about damm Neons and Civics..... You drive a car that IS in a higher class than them, Be proud of it.....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-19-2002, 06:36 PM

amen.............lets stop the madness

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 12-19-2002, 07:01 PM
$VX

1. I can agree that the SVX is very very cool.
2. I love my SVX as well
3. I don't love neons more than SVX, I said ONE F*cking thing: A neon can compete with an SVX in a stoplight race. This was PROVEN by JoeSVX.
4. I am on a neon board as well. I like them. They're cheap and handle really really well. In 2-3 years I'll have a 2.4 neon for autocrossing with no interior. Shall be fun. But its like comparing an apple to an orange with the SVX. Neither is 'better' than the other. Sure, if money was no object I'd say the SVX is better, but man, getting a whole back seat for 30 bucks, a new console for 12, a new guage cluster for 45... its pretty sweet (easy on the wallet) to own and modify a neon
5. Don't call me a bastard or I'll call you a militant moron who can't diffrentiate the difference between 'lose' and 'loose'.
6. I am relaxed for hte most part, its just that whenever I mention the word 'neon' people immeadiatly jump on my nuts.

Example: Will an underdrive pulley help my SVX?
My response: Well, when I had a NEON, I saw a few dyno pulls before and after the UDP. it DID add about 3-7hp, depending on the RPM. HOwever, in an SVX, I don't think you'd notice the additional horsepower due to how much the it weighs; ie, it wouldn't increase hte power to weight ratio much.

Now, that was a VALID response. It was informative, and I shared knowledge that I gained by owning ANOTHER automobile and applied that knowledge to the SVX. Great? I thought so too. But here's hte problem: Some moron on this board will read my response and post something along the lines of this:

"GAWD Ca$h Neons are so crappy! The interior is all plasticy! I hate them!"

Ok. Fine. Anybody can have their own opinion, but what PISSES ME OFF is that THEIR comment bears NO relation to the subject at hand. It's almost like they're dismissing my post PURELY because it was related to a neon.

Understand?

As a final example, just imagine if I was like most people in Madison: a Bleeding Heart Liberal who was anti-war and anti military. Okay? Knowing that you are in the service, I would immeadiatly IGNORE your post here, ONLY because I know you are in the military. Yes, you had something to say, and you had a point you were trying to make, however, I'm going to ignore that because you are in the military and I don't agree with it.

Do you see how annoying, frustrating, and stupid that is? I hope you do.

- Ca$h
Old 12-19-2002, 09:47 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Welcome GreenMarine. We hope you're not in the middle of it all. But, if you are, you've got this entire network behind you. Keep your powder dry!

Although you've found a multiplicity of posts about "other cars" this IS an SVX forum, owned and operated by SVXers FOR SVXers. Though we stray from topics, if you have a question about your car, you can find it with the search function, or, just post your question and someone will more than likely respond immediately.

It's a great group of people. We've developed a "community" here, not just a forum.

Keep us posted on how you're doing on deployment and get home safe.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-19-2002, 10:20 PM
$VX

I'd like to add one thing: While we all OWN (or hope to) and love SVXs, one can also like other cars as well. Given that fact, I don't see it as detrimental that we talk about other cars as well, the SVX is just our common thread; but if we all ONLY liked SVXs it'd be pretty freaking boring in here. :|

- Ca$h
Old 12-19-2002, 11:38 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
if we all ONLY liked SVXs it'd be pretty freaking boring in here. :|

- Ca$h
Rob,

No offense to you. You are still more than welcome to order your JDM parts when the part order goes out from my place but let me say something. WE ALL ONLY LIKE SVXES. PERIOD. We do like some other cars here and there but... this is a SVX world network. Not an automotive world network. Once in a while other cars will be mentioned. This is mainly a SVX only site and yes we ARE BORING! I am still trying to communicate with you.

I am not sure about the rest of the people here but on my first SVX, I paid 4800 and within 2 months, I shelled in another 3500 for tranny. Within a year, I sank in more than 10,000. Was it enough for me? Most people would just go and get another car. Hell for the amount I spent, I can get a reliable 2-3 year old honda. I went out and got another SVX. Many of the network members were there when I brought my 2nd SVX back to the hotel. Was it enough? NO! I went out and purchased another one. I found one right before the 4th July weekend. I could not get a flight out to NY so I took a train out to pick up the car. That's how devoted people here are about the SVXes. They are troublesome. Not reliable but we love them. For the amount of money I spent in the last a year and half on three SVXes, I could be driving a new Audi A4. or a 3 series BMW. But look at me, I am on my 3rd SVX. What I am saying is that I am 100% devoted to the SVX. So do us a favour. Accept this: WE LIKE OUR SVXES and WE ARE A BORING BUNCH!

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Gee Cash...

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Rob,

No offense to you. You are still more than welcome to order your JDM parts when the part order goes out from my place but let me say something. WE ALL ONLY LIKE SVXES. PERIOD. We do like some other cars here and there but... this is a SVX world network. Not an automotive world network. Once in a while other cars will be mentioned. This is mainly a SVX only site and yes we ARE BORING! I am still trying to communicate with you.

I am not sure about the rest of the people here but on my first SVX, I paid 4800 and within 2 months, I shelled in another 3500 for tranny. Within a year, I sank in more than 10,000. Was it enough for me? Most people would just go and get another car. Hell for the amount I spent, I can get a reliable 2-3 year old honda. I went out and got another SVX. Many of the network members were there when I brought my 2nd SVX back to the hotel. Was it enough? NO! I went out and purchased another one. I found one right before the 4th July weekend. I could not get a flight out to NY so I took a train out to pick up the car. That's how devoted people here are about the SVXes. They are troublesome. Not reliable but we love them. For the amount of money I spent in the last a year and half on three SVXes, I could be driving a new Audi A4. or a 3 series BMW. But look at me, I am on my 3rd SVX. What I am saying is that I am 100% devoted to the SVX. So do us a favour. Accept this: WE LIKE OUR SVXES and WE ARE A BORING BUNCH!

Lwin

Do you see a theme building here to most of the replies to your posts Cash ????
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .

Last edited by Uncamitzi; 12-20-2002 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:46 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Cool Semper Fi, Dude!

Just wanted to throw in a welcome, Green Guy. Post often. Then, post some more.

KEEP YOUR SVX NETWORK AN ALL SVX NETWORK

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-19-2002, 11:50 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Unhappy Uh... I'm sorry that was rude of me...

I meant to say to Hello to you before.....

Glad to see at least one Marine with good taste...

(I was a bubblehead about a hundred years ago....)

Keep safe! and Thanks for being there!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-20-2002, 12:04 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Gee Cash...

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Do you see a theme building here to most of your posts????
A theme?

I hope not. Why? Do you find it entertaining?

Lwin

ps. Sorry. Welcome to the network
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-20-2002, 12:31 AM
$VX

Eh... Well, feel free to disagree Lwin, but I don't think you're boring. Heh. I think you're..um.. different. You're the only person I know who put a TV instead of a rear view mirror. heh. I mean, a BORING person wouldn't buy three freaking SVXs. Admit it. You're not boring. :P

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that YES, this is an SVX forum. Yes, we all obviously like them... and I think we like them so much that I don't think MENTIONING another car is going to make the SVX world fall apart. I like coming here and hearing about anything car related. I like the musclecar stories, the ferrari stories, the porsche stories, everything is cool in my book.

- Ca$h
Old 12-20-2002, 12:44 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
I agree with rob on this....if we can post about our new jobs, our wellbeing, our pet peeves, then we should be able to talk about other cars. You know, i have been arond these forums since they started, and i keep my mouth shut most of the time by not posting to often. But i think that they only way to be happy is through tolerence...tolerence of the people areound you and tolerence for their thoughts and opinions. I love SVX's, dont get me wrong ive had 2 and im 19, but i actually felt the need to step in here and get in on one of these posts for the first time, and the last time. Its just this thread kinda illustrates the thin line between love and hate very deeply. Ok well im done, ill never post on this subject again
Sincerely(i mean that honestly, not just on auto here),
phil
Old 12-20-2002, 04:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
GreenMarine,

First, thanks for stepping up to the plate to defend old codgers like me. May the good Lord keep you out of harm's way.

Second, welcome to the SVX family. Like any family, there are some good and some not so good.

Third, I hope you SVX brings you as much joy as mine has.

Fourth, stay safe and enjoy the Hloidays.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 12-20-2002, 11:38 AM

welcome to the network GreenMarine, first and foremost.

i once dated a Marine for a few months, but he turned out to be a jerk, i know you aren't one of those marines

thirdly, i think that when you post your first post, you should have said....blah blah svx's are cool, i have one, it is this year blah blah blah....not tell a member that his/her posts are totally off, that is kinda rude for the first post. NOT THAT I DISAGREE WITH YOU AT ALL i just think that you should have been a little more discrete with the first post you decided to post, that is all. i guess he isn't horriable all the time....he isn't annoying all the time....i can't believe i am posting this....i don't know why i am posting this....oh well

welcome to the Network! tell us more about your car! when do you come home, where do you come home to? how long are you in for? come on tell us tell us

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:02 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
welcome to the network GreenMarine, first and foremost.

i once dated a Marine for a few months, but he turned out to be a jerk, i know you aren't one of those marines

Kelli
I guess that line gave you the warm fuzzies!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>