SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Re: Stevebsy bumper. Yay or Nay?

You made a great point! Although I don't think much air is getting under the car as it is with it's current height.. See, this is the reason I'm wondering if I should wait for a cloud front bumper... I'd shell out the cash for one of those, a grand, or a little more.. It's a great improvment in my opinion.. Again, K-Staff I'm on the fence about.. I'd put it on in a second if it was half price or free so don't get me wrong but I don't know if I'd be willing to pay the current price on one.. That's why I like the Stevebsy bumper... Looks great and it's cheap!
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-03-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
I'm a partial fan, I like the way it looks from the head on view, but I still feel like the front end of the car is too pointy I personally prefer the K-staff bumper
I really tried to like that thing (stevebsy)!
The trim strip on the rear bumper is pretty close to the top of the bumper, bringing it a bit higher than the flow of the trim on the side of the car. I did one on the Stevebsy bumper in Photoshop, moved it a bit higher, faded it out on the end and nothing really looked right.
The same idea of the trim strip could be applied to the Stevebsy and get over the "whale mouth" in the Stevebsy. The whale can be reduced by shrinking the overall height of the whole thing proportionally, and I did that in photoshop. It actually helps a bit, but in the end, I didn't see an actually purpose in the whole thing. I seriously tried. The design of our cars is really well put together!

Just my opinion...
Keith

Last edited by kwren; 02-05-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I'm talking with a guy I sold a hat to in japan, real nice guy. he's looking into getting me a K staff for the regular price, not motorsport's marked up price. and he would ship it directly to me instead of me paying for it to be shipped to motorsport and then to me which is almost double the shipping, thus the expensive price. the bumper it's self is only around 500-600 bucks, shipping is maybe a hundred on top of that. so, all in all it'll be cheaper. still not dirt cheap but better. I'll let you know if I go through with it. I'm still waiting for exact shipping quote.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:31 PM

what does the K staff look like, please?

Keith
Old 02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
what does the K staff look like, please?

Keith
I'm sure you've seen it.. Here's a refresher..

Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
I'm talking with a guy I sold a hat to in japan, real nice guy. he's looking into getting me a K staff for the regular price, not motorsport's marked up price. and he would ship it directly to me instead of me paying for it to be shipped to motorsport and then to me which is almost double the shipping, thus the expensive price. the bumper it's self is only around 500-600 bucks, shipping is maybe a hundred on top of that. so, all in all it'll be cheaper. still not dirt cheap but better. I'll let you know if I go through with it. I'm still waiting for exact shipping quote.
Hell I'd do that! lol
Old 02-06-2009, 06:11 PM

SVX is a class act!
That would never look like a part of the car.
Thanks for the graphic, freeguy!
(and watch your language freeguy! Your mom will wash out your mouth with soap)
Keith
Old 02-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
SVX is a class act!
That would never look like a part of the car.
Thanks for the graphic, freeguy!
(and watch your language freeguy! Your mom will wash out your mouth with soap)
Keith
I agree with you about the choice on K-staff.. The bumper really doesn't blend well with the car at all, which is why I'd use side skirts and do something to the rear as well before I'd put that front bumper on it. And come on.. That wasn't a curse word. They say it all the time on TV and we all know TV is good and decent..
Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
And come on.. That wasn't a curse word. They say it all the time on TV and we all know TV is good and decent..
not to mention wholesome!
Sure...
Keith
Old 02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

I've seen the stevesby bumper on a claret before at Reading either last year or the year before. I do really like the design, and the fit and finish is nice.The overall design is simple and flows with the car very well, but the the way the bottom opening is, the bumper isn't any lower than stock, and if I remember correctly you can see the bumper beam through the top part of the opening. of course a sawzall fixes that part, then you have plenty of room to fit "things you'll need that better job for" in there
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

that's the worst example of the K staff ever! here check some of these.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I think that line that all of you are babbling about is on the K staff, I also agree that the side skirts would add to it, but honestly. I still like the K staff the best.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
I think that line that all of you are babbling about is on the K staff, I also agree that the side skirts would add to it, but honestly. I still like the K staff the best.
Ack! It is on the K-Staff! I like the K-Staff as well but I can't see spending $900 on a bumper... Hence the reason I'm going for the Stevebsy I think..